ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

14 hours ago, BigOrangeBalls7 said:

mine can fix it through aspect ratio... i have a feeling it might be something to do with that offbrand tv... whered you get that thing?  Iraq?

A lot of well known TVs can't change such as that, it isn't uncommon, the fact remains that I could fix the issue addressed before this update simply by changing the UI Scaling IN THE GAME, now players are unable to do that, a feature which was already working perfectly fine has been broken and needs fixed, the TV has nothing to do with it.

Edited by SaiyanRuuku

2 hours ago, Miglet said:

It's not a problem of why, itms a problem of how. The deva don't want the tether, it's just something they have to have right now because the xbox has trouble with more than that amount away from the host. They are working their hardest to get it demolished (based on how there's 33% more in the update)

I don't know what is meant by tethering. Is there a place I can read up on what that means in ark?  Thanks! 

On 2/12/2016 at 9:39 AM, Tomato808o said:

Also stop complaining about the update because I don't think you would be complaining if you knew how hard it is to program a game for a different platform and style than usual. They said around Feb 10

I understand your comment but some simple testing before the update was released could have saved this issue, it is running on Unreal 4 which isn't really hard to code for as it is Connect The Nodes. All they have to do is change the offset of the UI and problem solved it would take all of 10 seconds to change if that. 

This is coming from someone who has made their own small game in Unreal 4 for a course I did last year. 

On 2/13/2016 at 1:55 AM, Hello31 said:

Just to be precise: ARK is in "Pre-Release" status. This is *NOT* a "pre-Alpha", "Alpha", "Beta"....

In the sofware release versionning system you have:

• Alpha (+/-pre-Alpha)
  • Beta (+/- pre-Beta)
  • Release Candidates (+/-pre-release, RTM, RTW, ...)

So ARK is in a way much more advanced stage than "pre-alpha".

If it's buggy, yes we can fairly complain about this "PRE-RELEASE" game (that we bought like a "real" game by the way).

And beside perfs issues (on XBox at least) and bugs, the game is GREAT! Keep up the good job guys.

A few things -

1- sorry it took way too long to respond to this.

2- I thought Beta wasn't supposed to hit until March or April  (which would then put this post Alpha/pre beta... unless you have a more specific timeline I can resource) so you were right about it not being a Pre-Alpha build.

3- Microsoft Game Preview Program allows players to play as its being developed and the players are always first to tell you when something is broken. It's kind of our thing... 

4- Paid Game Preview isn't the same as buying the finished product. We're only paying for the finished product but getting to play with it sooner. It's like buying a chasis with all the components that makes the car run but no shell, doors or seats... then complaining that you're  cold because we can't roll up the window... we all know this is still unfinished with missing pieces.

5- yes! We all have the right to complain about any product we sink our money into. That's how the developers know how to fix it so they can get more money. My point was not that we shouldn't complain but that we should complain in a location where our complaints matter. Like the bugs report thread. Complaining on the ANNLUNCEMENTS thread is a pointless waste of breath. 

IN THE NEW UPDATE THAT CAME OUT WITH SPLITSCREEN AND ALL THAT FOR XBOX ONE,WHENEVER I TRY TO JOIN A SERVER IT'LL SAY "Lost connection, joining failed,host connection timed out" AT THE EXACT SAME TIME AND IT DOES IT WHEN I TRY TO JOIN AGAIN OVER AND OVER, MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING THIS TO, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

3 hours ago, Lambskinator said:

The UI problem can be dealt with for now. Click pause, then go to game guide, then click the xbox home button and click on the game again. You'll have to deal with the guide there still, but it allows you to see your right side ui and weapon durability.

tv settings to Auto-ratio t got it all fixed

16:9 works

1 hour ago, VitaminLuck said:

IN THE NEW UPDATE THAT CAME OUT WITH SPLITSCREEN AND ALL THAT FOR XBOX ONE,WHENEVER I TRY TO JOIN A SERVER IT'LL SAY "Lost connection, joining failed,host connection timed out" AT THE EXACT SAME TIME AND IT DOES IT WHEN I TRY TO JOIN AGAIN OVER AND OVER, MY FRIENDS HAVE BEEN EXPERIENCING THIS TO, PLEASE FIX THIS!!!!!

Hop on over to share your frustration. We all feel it over here.

4 hours ago, DriftinDropBear said:

I understand your comment but some simple testing before the update was released could have saved this issue, it is running on Unreal 4 which isn't really hard to code for as it is Connect The Nodes. All they have to do is change the offset of the UI and problem solved it would take all of 10 seconds to change if that. 

This is coming from someone who has made their own small game in Unreal 4 for a course I did last year. 

Please... PLEASE go to their website and apply for a job. O.o We have much need of you...

1 hour ago, VitaminLuck said:

The server que doesnt allow me to join games since this update it says server full or connection timed out even though theres only 52 people in the server. for 35$ we deserve the right to play the game am I wrong???

Hello, I am having a trouble joining online servers and I'm surprised no one else has mentioned anything because all my friends online have the same problem. Whenever I try to join it responds with two server is full messages and a host pending connection timeout box.  I get these messages even though there is only about 50-60 people in the server.  If anyone could get back to me with helpful information it would be greatly appreciated.

51 minutes ago, DaMaddHatter said:

tv settings to Auto-ratio t got it all fixed

16:9 works

Not all TVs have the option to change settings like this, mine does but it doesn't change effectively and thus the problem remains.

Once the UI Scaling in the game is fixed then this UI issue will be fixed along with it.

2 hours ago, D34DGR1NG0 said:

Please... PLEASE go to their website and apply for a job. O.o We have much need of you...

Sadly I looked at their job criteria when they put out they were looking for new workers a few weeks back and you need 4 years experience working on games plus have a few full retail release games in your history.