ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

49 minutes ago, defsly said:

hi,

I wonder where is the command console . I have a dedicated server with around 30 players.

It has become difficult to manage, i need destroy so many constructions , i need to increase the limit construction and dinos.

I need it...please help my investment for this game...Do you have a news?

My server: ARKserverFR

I have a question regarding the server because I just got my own and very new to it.  Don't know what's different since the update since I got mine after the update came out.  How were you able to get 30 players on your server?  Are you able to list it on the server search screen or do you have to tell people you have it and give them the server's screen name for them to search for?  And was there a console previously or was it something that was suppose to come out but didn't?  Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

34 minutes ago, MayaJackson said:

I have a question regarding the server because I just got my own and very new to it.  Don't know what's different since the update since I got mine after the update came out.  How were you able to get 30 players on your server?  Are you able to list it on the server search screen or do you have to tell people you have it and give them the server's screen name for them to search for?  And was there a console previously or was it something that was suppose to come out but didn't?  Thanks for any help you can provide. :)

I'm french and i going on french forum for video game, i doing a post with the informations of my server, XPx6 TAMx6 and more... and they came:D.

And i sending a invite for play with the server. When they are in game, i select the news players and go on whitlist.

When they want play, they joined the game on the server's profil, that's all.

The console is a primary tool for administration to a server , they have it on PC ¬¬...With the MAJ we was supposed to have...:S

6 hours ago, lucasbussinger said:

OMG! This Update  broke it all! 

1. Right trigger double crafting;
  2. shadows crash all the time;
  3. left trigger makes all shadow desapear;
  4. Caves do not have any animal, so... no bettles founded;
  5. rendering is far slowly;
  6. shadows... shadows... light... light?! Wow! okay... shadows again...

Please! Fix it!

They fixed it :Rex: 

Well I mean if programming is so easy and making games like so many of you think. Put the sticks down and start crunching some code. And obviously in life not every one is going to make you yourself happy every time you complain. With saying all this I challenge some of you complaining people to make a game in the same sense and lets see which game is better. My money is on Ark. Unless I program the game. but I hate programming its a big headache to deal with and normally means no life no sleep (which I love but lose due to Ark SML). So while you sit there playing the game but doing nothing but griping about a game that you are just horrible at and probably play PvE. Most PvP players don't care we make do with what we got and enjoy the spoils of war. Now when they nerf something they did not say they were nerfing then we got problems. But mostly the Devs are doing everything they can to make a balanced game on the console. So lil 13 year olds that complain because that is what you all are that complain. Stop playing the game because your mom and dad only bought you it so they did not have to take care of you. Sad to say your parents don't love you.

13 hours ago, Captain said:

They fixed it :Rex: 

They did not talk about caves yet. :raptor: 

"Current Version v731.1

• Fixed not getting Achievement Items on respawn
  • Fixed Hud not scaling with UI scale
  • Fixed Dye UI glitching out and crashing
  • Fixed server broadcast messages not appearing
  • Floating HUD panels (Taming, Dropped Items, etc) now appear properly in splitscreen
  • Fixed splitscreen players not being able to enter private non-dedicated sessions
  • Fixed long-range shadows disappearing when in zoomed-view mode
  • Fix for non-Primitive Weapons existing on legacy Primitive Official Servers
  • Greenhouse Engram pre-reqs are now Stone Structures, not Metal
  • Fixed crash when signing out of primary player in splitscreen mode"

47 minutes ago, lucasbussinger said:

They did not talk about caves yet. :raptor: 

"Current Version v731.1

• Fixed not getting Achievement Items on respawn
  • Fixed Hud not scaling with UI scale
  • Fixed Dye UI glitching out and crashing
  • Fixed server broadcast messages not appearing
  • Floating HUD panels (Taming, Dropped Items, etc) now appear properly in splitscreen
  • Fixed splitscreen players not being able to enter private non-dedicated sessions
  • Fixed long-range shadows disappearing when in zoomed-view mode
  • Fix for non-Primitive Weapons existing on legacy Primitive Official Servers
  • Greenhouse Engram pre-reqs are now Stone Structures, not Metal
  • Fixed crash when signing out of primary player in splitscreen mode"

Because the caves are not broken.

My base is set up next to the south cave and beetles are there all the times.

:Rex:

2 hours ago, Captain said:

Because the caves are not broken.

My base is set up next to the south cave and beetles are there all the times.

:Rex:

I've explored the central cave and that is empty! It has nothing! I took Trophy 2 times in one minute. No one scorpion or spider or bat... nothing. If you do not have problem, good for you, but is bronken on my non-dedicated server.

8 hours ago, lucasbussinger said:

I've explored the central cave and that is empty! It has nothing! I took Trophy 2 times in one minute. No one scorpion or spider or bat... nothing. If you do not have problem, good for you, but is bronken on my non-dedicated server.

You need to wait for things to spawn in the caves. It usually takes about 10 minutes for the cave's ecosystem to flourish.

I found 2 Dung Beetles in about 30 minutes, and that was even with freeing up spawns for them, so they're pretty rare.

Take the central cave, as you can fly an Argie in there and pick the beetles up. Otherwise it'll take you forever to get it out of the cave. (Sometimes it's even impossible.)

Just a little feedback-

Changes- 1. Way to much specular in the textures making everything appear wet. This would actually make a pretty cool effect as it rains though.

2. Day and night cycle is a little rough...not sure if this is being fixed, or left as is for optimizationissues..but it's something you might wanna look into.

3. Sound effects in most areas are amazing! Like when your underwater that blows my mind and the sound of the axe hitting the trees is pretty awesome. But the tree falling..not so great sounds like a creaky door. Maybe try adding a cracking sound and then a crash on the interval timing...I don't know just a thought. Also the T-rex, where is the roar?!!! This was my main concern when playing I was being hunted by my favorite dinosaur and no roar to give me a heart palpitation. These are just some suggestions nothing more.

Bugs- 1. Split screen UI is off as well as single player UI.

2. Seems like dinosaurs disappear sometimes right after killing it, it falls through the map..collisions in general are a bit buggy but this was the main issue.

3. When gathering resources, all trees give of a random number of both wood and thatch...but they all give a simular amount and take 3 to 5 hits to chop down...not sure if this is a bug but since rock's don't follow this path I assume it is...if not I'm suggesting that big trees should take longer to chop down and give more wood.

These are just a few things...out of the hundreds your probably dealing with but these were the most notable in my experience playing single offline or split screen. You guys are doing a amazing job though and I can't wait to see the game finished!    

If everyone could agree that this game is awesome and I love playing it but could we please have a breeding and maturation speed meter to make it go faster in the settings. I have spent upwards of 10 hours watching a raptor mature and it isn't even finished yet. Could you please take this into consideration with you next update.

3 hours ago, uselessjunk said:

If everyone could agree that this game is awesome and I love playing it but could we please have a breeding and maturation speed meter to make it go faster in the settings. I have spent upwards of 10 hours watching a raptor mature and it isn't even finished yet. Could you please take this into consideration with you next update.

Try growing a quetzal. It took me a week on private server and it's gone as it finished maturing. I gave up caring tho as I'm sure in the end it'll be fixed. I'll just ice my eggs till then.

On Tuesday, February 16, 2016 at 6:32 PM, MayaJackson said:

When  you host dedicated it shows on the list and players looking for "tweaked" servers where they can level and or tame faster they search that list. Or you can password protect it and offer people to join in forums.  I don't understand the last question so I can't help there sorry. But good luck on your server! My friend just started theirs recently. After the patch and there's so many of the new dinos it's awesome!