ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

Hello, I am a player in the Xbox One Ark community with a issue that can be a pest. I most recently received the bionic rex skin through Non-Dedicated and it transfered over to Online Dedicated servers. I received the skin on the night of February 9th. I spawned with the skin like normal... until this update was released. I realized there were new dossiers to collect and so i did through non-dedicated. I collected the three newest dinos (dung beatle, gallimimus, and dimetrodon) only to find the skin still not spawning in my inventory. I went farther by killing the Broodmother and yet, I only received the Broodmother trophy. No Survivor Hat. No skin. Please contact me if you have the same issue or if you know a way to solve this issue. I hope to see a fix for this and soon. Thankyou for your time.

2 hours ago, Rickyh24 said:

Update wasn't late. The 10th was an estimate. They should have held off even longer too. The update did more harm than good. 

Even so, It shows to people in my mindset that they could not plan it out effectively, I too would have prefered if they waited longer, as Long as it was to make sure that bugs would be at a minimum, and that they can deliver everything they say they will in an updates preview notes. at that point, yes, time is much better than rushing. 

13 hours ago, Julared said:

Thank you for releasing split screen this early in 2016!!!! My husband and I were so excited and spent most of this weekend enjoying the game together, it's been a real treat even with some of the bugs that came with it. To have the chance to play together is worth it for us!

If you don't mind sharing, did you do anything special to access split screen? I am fairly new to the game and I don't see any obvious way to access this feature... 

36 minutes ago, strausb said:

If you don't mind sharing, did you do anything special to access split screen? I am fairly new to the game and I don't see any obvious way to access this feature... 

My husband opens up his single player world and I turn on our 2nd controller, then I hit the START button on the controller and a window pops up that lets me sign in to my Xbox account (I could do this before the game starts) and then after I'm signed in I hit the START button again (which I kind of spam because it seems to hang up a bit) and then I'm in the game, split screen style. Hope that helps!

16 hours ago, DriftinDropBear said:

Sadly I looked at their job criteria when they put out they were looking for new workers a few weeks back and you need 4 years experience working on games plus have a few full retail release games in your history. 

You would think that in the gaming industry, seeing someone's artistic product, portfolio or programming skills would be preferable to 4 years history in the industry. That literally tells us that you can't get into making video games professionally unless you're already making video games professionally.  There are so many talented people going to waste on this side of the controller because they can't get the "experience" that they need.

With split-screen possible on Xbox one, I wonder if devs could try to up the resolution on single player mode a bit because it's really hard to see anything (atm it's below 720p I believe). 900p would be just perfect. Removing some unneeded effects could help, like the fact that you can see things (including players) reflect in real time in metal parts of structures and in dino skin (example, frog) like in a mirror but blurry. I actually noticed it just a while ago and It seems like pretty resource heavy effect that probabl 90% of people wouldn't know about.

49 minutes ago, Julared said:

My husband opens up his single player world and I turn on our 2nd controller, then I hit the START button on the controller and a window pops up that lets me sign in to my Xbox account (I could do this before the game starts) and then after I'm signed in I hit the START button again (which I kind of spam because it seems to hang up a bit) and then I'm in the game, split screen style. Hope that helps!

Yes, that is very helpful. Thank you!!

I don't mind being patient while they fix their accident, but I really hope they are protecting the health of our crops and dinos. It would really sucks if everything was dead or claimed by another tribe when I can finally log back on...

Why can those 51/70 people log on, but I can't? I want their secret! LOL

On Friday, February 12, 2016 at 3:58 PM, MrSnowFoxy said:

you can't use early access as an excuse to not add features you've stated that would be added on multiple occasions.

They can and will... and they aren't wrong in doing so... I have been playing this game since June on the pc, and since the first day on xbone... I have seen the devs do all the right things to IMPROVE the game. As well as do things for the community, like Halloween and Christmas themed events. All on a game, that unless I misread, is still Pre. Alpha. Doesn't even go Alpha till March-ish and Beta till late May-ish or early June... They have done an amazing job overall in both adding dinos and optimization, and I am sure will continue to do so, even after Release... relax.... take a breather...  enjoy what you have and Know it only gets better with time..

I've been in this forum since first page  can nobody go back in pages I'm getting tired of the same question being repeated every single page. How to get splitscreen working. It's only been repeated 50 thousand times go back and read instead of complain. Now for a complaint that hasn't been put yet. I found a 120 gallimimus but cannot make dimetrodon kibble to perfect tame. I've tried only fertalized eggs so far as my dimetrodons won't lay eggs. Their mate boosted and ovi nearby. Had them on hatch frames first see is eggs fell through but didn't now I have them in a creek pen (water up half their body read they needed water tried it out ) still nothing.  And even caught some wilds and did the same untamed.  No eggs.. and I'm assuming even with the egg I couldn't make kibble as I assume the item itself is broken. If a fix for this could come asap I'd love this game. First 120 where I can actually perfect tame. If anybody knows to fix this please let me know. 

13 hours ago, SWEETJESIS said:

Hello, I am a player in the Xbox One Ark community with a issue that can be a pest. I most recently received the bionic rex skin through Non-Dedicated and it transfered over to Online Dedicated servers. I received the skin on the night of February 9th. I spawned with the skin like normal... until this update was released. I realized there were new dossiers to collect and so i did through non-dedicated. I collected the three newest dinos (dung beatle, gallimimus, and dimetrodon) only to find the skin still not spawning in my inventory. I went farther by killing the Broodmother and yet, I only received the Broodmother trophy. No Survivor Hat. No skin. Please contact me if you have the same issue or if you know a way to solve this issue. I hope to see a fix for this and soon. Thankyou for your time.

Im on a non-dedicated serve and since the last up date non of the new creatures spawn in i need help 

On 2/13/2016 at 11:35 AM, saxaboom234 said:

Any word on if split-screen will eventually make it to PCs? I can't find any proof anywhere, besides what someone on a steam forum said and a mention of split screen being a timed exclusive on xbox-one (in a gamespot article). 

What kind of question is that?

How would even use split screen on ARK on a PC? When the PC has multiple keyboards attached it does not assign one to "player 1" another to "player 2" and so on...

That would not even be possible...

(I can see it now.. "But what about controllers" - Fk controllers, PC gaming is meant to be played with a mouse and keyboard not with a controller; that is what they make Game Consoles for)