ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

Could there be the possibility in the future to have the split screen go verticle instead of horizontal or the option like a few old games back in the day did I feel I loose alot of vision when the screens narrow instead of tighten like Disney infinity 3 my daughter n I absolutely love ARK for a coop game just a suggestion for the future. 

keep it up guys 

Also, am I the only one who thinks they should have been more clear about split screen & it only being for non dedicated servers & single player. I know the question was asked hundreds of time pre patch about official dedicated servers but it was never clarified till after patch was released????????

Btw patch notes are still not updated & are still confusing everybody

Edited by Coopdog72

Hi. I really love this game, but with this latest update, my UI scale is really messed up. I can't see my tool life or my own  status bar symbols on the side. It's pretty frustrating. Also, would you mind taking "Princess" off the list of inappropriate words. I'm not really sure how it's offensive for me to name myself or my pets Princess but Queen is okay. Thanks! 

After the update and I FINALY could get in my server 268. My juvy Rex is gone. Not dead. Gone. He's away from the feeding trough. And had no food in him. He hasn't died.  He's just gone. Tribe manager still says I claimed him but nothing else. I even glitched under the map on frog to look for him. Any ideas to what could have happened. Please tell me. He was born 171 and I'm pretty much a solo tribe. 

17 hours ago, MrSnowFoxy said:

you can't use early access as an excuse to not add features you've stated that would be added on multiple occasions.

Uhh....yes you can - it's still in development - they are game developers, they can't see into the future.  Have all the patches for YOUR amazing prerelease alpha game gone out without a hitch?  It's not as easy as you might think - the Dev's are not incompetent and they work hard - appreciate them

When do we get the status icons and clean graphics back?  Oh yeah I'm a single player type.  Does that mean no new Dino's, cause there aren't any.  And when can I expect to turn on the game and not find my best Dino's gone not dead just gone?  Not totally pissed, but after hours of work into something or anything only a child would think there wouldn't be a reason to get pissed.  The glare yo, it's like I'm trying to look at a gods butthole right after bleaching, it's on the water, horizon, it's just far to intense even after augmenting the gamma and brightness.

Edited by Beatnick667
Not finished.

Has anyone tryed to make a game before in this thread it is hard work and sometimes there are thing u promis but can't keep and the debs are trying the hardest so be happy for what u have and don't complain because if they get to much hate they will just stop makeing updates and bug fixes and u will be left with what u have atm

18 hours ago, Braddonmac10 said:

So me and a friend of my are having a game breaking issue. The survival bar on the right is cut off. I've change the UI scale. Plus my own tv's interface and still nothing. I can't leave base because I don't know my vitals nor my tames vitals

Having the same issue. Pretty frustrating not seeing any vitals. Makes it a whole lot harder to combat my surroundings without knowing my current limits.

I have been playing this religiously since it came out, last night I thought I was the only one that didn't have their ui to the right, so I tried everything I could think I even left my tribe only to find that I couldn't interact or ride any of my dinos I about had a stroke. I finally fixed it in the tribe manager and that was good but I almost uninstalled ark and reinstalled it because I thought I did something wrong with it not showing my vitals to the right, I really hope it don't take another month for it to get fixed but I'm also not going to complain because I know it's early access and I am beyond pleased with the product that I only paid 30 some dollars for, thank you ark devs you have something very good in this game and I can't wait to see the final product! 

Cant see ANY bars to the right of the screen. Game worked fine before the update now I cant play without seeing my health and food gauges. I tried changing the settings on my TV, Xbox, and the UI scale (which did nothing for the bars) any help from the devs or from the ark community would be much appreciated as I would like to get back to my normal gameplay. It would have been nice for the devs to say split screen wouldnt be available for dedicated servers as well.

19 hours ago, MrSnowFoxy said:

I can live with you guys breaking the ui slightly, But im still very disapointed at the lateness and not adding all the features they said they would

I need these server options badly not to mention the console commands for xbox1. Half my playtime is spent policing my server trying to protect my players and tribes from downloading and other cheaters.

WHEN!!!! console commands? 

When server options???

8 minutes ago, EvaSICK97 said:

Does anyone know why when I play single player and try to have a friend join a new tribe with me that soon as I do this the game freezes and all my dinos I tamed are no longer owned by me. Well they say they're owned by me but the name is in red and I can't ride them. 

Unclaim the dinos before moving tribes