ARK Xbox v731: Split-screen, Dimetrodon, Dung Beetle, Gallimimus & more!

Jatheish

• Administrator

large.SplitShot0.jpg.9d7283d65ae2f779c65

Hey Survivors!

We’re very excited to announce that the patch is now live! This will bring a heavy update to the Xbox One, including a plethora of content and mega optimization! The ARK will be joined by 3 new friends, many new items and of course the exciting multiplayer functionality, split-screen! We know this has been a highly requested feature from players and we're stoked to allow you guys to unravel the mysteries of the ARK side by side with your friends and families!

large.SplitShot1.jpg.bc444079c7bdf5ff930

large.Dimetrodon.jpg.b43c16a84c18875c3cb

Say hello to the adaptable carnivore! The Dimetrodon offers players shade during excessive heat and shelter from extreme cold by way of the massive insulating sail running down its back. It’s regarded as one of the friendly creatures to survivors and can be found roaming the swamplands that are plentiful with small prey.

large.dimetrodon.jpg.f9eaf2e6ebdddb58874

large.564d2f513b866_DungBeetle.jpg.7b3eb

The Dung Beetle is a wondrous organic biofactory that eats excrement and other useless waste to then metabolize and produce burnable oil that can power generators and fertilize crops! Regarded as the perfect tame for cleaning up around the tribe’s dino-pen.

large.dung.jpg.ba52640b5fc73c6811fa246b1

large.Gallimimus.jpg.b8463f51b1e38786b4b

It’ll come as no surprise to survivors that the Gallimimus has been often been described as being chicken-like, with it’s extremely skittish behaviour, looking nervous even when eating! The speedy herbivore makes its way onto the ARK with no natural way to defend itself except for running away. Thankfully the Gallimimus may very well be the fastest dinosaur on the ARK, it's strength, endurance, and speed of its legs allow it to ferry up to 3 Survivors in a specially-designed Saddle!

large.56aa7cbf1a953_Gallimimusspotlight.

Today’s update adds an enormous amount of content and optimization, including:

• SWAT-style Assault Armor for all your raiding needs!
  • Greenhouse structure pieces to aid survivors in growing crops
  • The shockingly powerful Electric Prod easily capable of knocking you out.
  • Deep-Sea Loot Crates: swim into the deep and discover the highly valuable loot that exists below
  • Craftable Beer Kegs for making tasty brews, with various status enhancing effects, however the subsequent ‘hangover’ effects are not so pleasant!
  • Loads of bug fixes, serious performance update (~15%), fixed memory leak
  • Non-dedicated servers now support up to Eight survivors and 33% larger tether distance

large.56aa7cc5c6826_ElectricProdandSWATA

and for a review of the patch, tune in now on www.twitch.tv/ign for a Patch-Review with Jesse and Ryan McCaffrey!

large.CbCviWUW8AEl9V_.jpg.8a3b2e0ad3d269

See you on the ARK Survivors!

View full article

Just now, Braddonmac10 said:

So me and a friend of my are having a game breaking issue. The survival bar on the right is cut off. I've change the UI scale. Plus my own tv's interface and still nothing. I can't leave base because I don't know my vitals nor my tames vitals

Same here, Also, did you noticed that not only was the update LATE by two days, But things they said was comming (Like commands) arent here? wonder what their excuse was

Wanted to say the devs are killing it with this game as fat as it is already n still a few months till a full release n people this $#!+ happen when creating new and exciting games be thankful there letting this one out before it hits alpha stages ( star wars battlefront ) release date got pushed back a whole year cause of problems n this studio lets us play w them through the development of so just have fun n hang tight this ones gonna be awesome 

1 minute ago, DBDsmartytuned said:

Wanted to say the devs are killing it with this game as fat as it is already n still a few months till a full release n people this $#!+ happen when creating new and exciting games be thankful there letting this one out before it hits alpha stages ( star wars battlefront ) release date got pushed back a whole year cause of problems n this studio lets us play w them through the development of so just have fun n hang tight this ones gonna be awesome 

you can't use early access as an excuse to not add features you've stated that would be added on multiple occasions.

And people can't be mad because this game isnt working the way they want everyone was warned before they gave money to test drive a game pretty much just gotta bear with the bumbs n bruises along the way or stop playing n wait til June or hopefully not later but even so will b worth the wait if you ask me and over half this community 

Just now, DBDsmartytuned said:

And people can't be mad because this game isnt working the way they want everyone was warned before they gave money to test drive a game pretty much just gotta bear with the bumbs n bruises along the way or stop playing n wait til June or hopefully not later but even so will b worth the wait if you ask me and over half this community 

I don't know if you understand me, There is a clear cut difference between bugs, and laziness bugs are gui errors, laziness is when they leave out features the promised would come.

So I come back online to find out. One my baby giga is gone. So I'm annoyed already I put alot of work getting the parents let alone breeding it and it was lvl 114 higher then both parents and that's never happened to me before  now that's not all. Another thing missing is a full grown giga. My Mr sugarbottoms is now gone and that pisses me off. There is no way it could leave it's everything is disabled and he's passive not to mention my dino resistance is zero. Now we were also told we were getting the server options that computer has up to a certain patch. Now it's not only not there but not listed anymore either. I put work taming and breeding to have them both gone and I'm hoping this gets fixed.