Will Aberration be another clown car?

Midnight_

So when Ark FINALLY released there were clearly NOT enough PvE servers to handle all the people who had purchased the game and wanted to play on PvE servers. All the Ragnarok servers (at least) were 100/100 players 24/7 for like 2 months straight. Anyone who wanted to play on that map had an absolute nightmare of a time just trying to get in to feed dinos. Smart players AFK'ed in chairs when they went to bed or work/school so that they did not have to click the join button for 3 hours trying to get in. Then because there were SO MANY people on SO FEW servers they dino capped in just 2-3 months. 

A clown car (the servers) with all us "clowns" trying to squeeze in.

Or...will there be enough server AT LAUNCH to handle the number of players that purchased the game and want to play it?

In other words....is the community being listened too? Did WC learn their lesson about providing enough "seats" for everyone that bought tickets?

I know this post has a negative tone on the outset.....but with the lack of ANY communication on the dino cap issue this is a very real and valid concern for Aberration. 

I'd say it is 50/50 chance, and this is why. If abomination had been released months ago as promised originally, it would be 100% chance of clown car shenanigans. However, due to there inability to hit deadlines and lack of transparency I feel like many of the ppl who may have bought into this dlc are either fed up with wc and not forking out more cash for a broken game. That or they have left the Game all together for something like pubg, which comes out the same day. I don't know of 1 person I play with that is getting abomination.

1 hour ago, ClamsJager said:

Easy way around your clown cars, rent a server.  That's exactly what I did,.

That would be the obvious choice for PVE play, or to simply join one of the thousands of Unofficial servers that will already be running Aberration.  Sure, you can jump on an official PVE Aberration server if you want to take a peek first, but if you actually want to play there for awhile official PVE Aberration servers are not going to be the intelligent choice.

Clown car all the way. What woukd lead an individual to think any different.

5 servers? That is utterly pathetic. Glad I have waited to purchase season pass. Looks to be another fail on launch.

Keep pushing ppl to private servers WC, people are more likely to just quit at this point, given the problems with nitrado severs staying functional.

4 minutes ago, MinecartOperator said:

Clown car all the way. What woukd lead an individual to think any different.

5 servers? That is utterly pathetic. Glad I have waited to purchase season pass. Looks to be another fail on launch.

Keep pushing ppl to private servers WC, people are more likely to just quit at this point, given the problems with nitrado severs staying functional.

If you're talking console I can't comment towards that as it's not my area of knowledge.  If you're speaking of PC play, you can use whatever hosting service you prefer.

You might also consider that whether they open a few official servers or not is fairly irrelevant to Aberration having a successful launch.  As with all of the other maps, the bulk of Aberration PVE game play will not be happening on official servers.

2 hours ago, iHardcoreTiger said:

Jat and Jen if i am right said n the live stream at twitchco that there will be 5 servers the first week so i think that you will have to stay 24/7 on if you don't want to try to rejoin for like 1 hour:Jerbmad:

so what 4 pve 1 pvp ? anyone has that info?

1hour? please i cant even join pvp wars in less than 10hours

I play on official xbox servers. No choices for 3rd party server hosts. Only nitrado, and judging from the reports ive seen in here, they are not reliable. If they push online play only, they are obligated to provide enough official servers for the  people who purchased the game, and want to play on official servers.  If players want to go another route, that is their prerogative. 

I should not have to buy a slot or rent a server from a 3rd party just to play the game. 

Imo private play isnt an option. The community interactions comprise a large part of the game for me ie.. Trading and breeding, maybe some ppl watching lol. I dont think i would continue to play on anything but an official, as of right now. 

On 12/7/2017 at 9:59 AM, iHardcoreTiger said:

Jat and Jen if i am right said n the live stream at twitchco that there will be 5 servers the first week so i think that you will have to stay 24/7 on if you don't want to try to rejoin for like 1 hour:Jerbmad:

Any chance you (or anyone else) knows what vid that is in and at what time stamp interval? I had not heard this, and I did not watch all the vids.

Just had a conversation with a friend on my SE server. He does not read the forums. His views are just due to his own experiences.  And he expects a clown car. Please do not turn such an awesome DLC into a clown car experience. Let's break that mold. Show all how past experiences can be used to help make the game better. It only has to be a clown car if you want it that way. I have hope that tomorrow will not bring us what my friend bellow expects. Bugs and server crashes are not so easily controlled. But having enough servers at launch is 100% controllable. #noclowncar

deez.thumb.jpg.d6b6ed4b652b4b3a332ccec4b7f7783a.jpg

• Volunteer Moderator
1 minute ago, Deadgiga said:

What about like a thylo

No. You cannot transfer anything else than your naked character to Aberration. However, you can transfer anything from it to the other maps (excluding the regular limitations such as raw elements, apex items, etc.).

Archived