Does the Quetzal need some love?

Kayin

Brontos hit far harder and have quite a bit more health. They are also less time intensive to knock out and tame up. I used my Paracer for heavy loads after the flyer nerf hit than I ever bothered using my Quetzal. The flying glacier sat at my base until I eventually decided to just kill it for prime meat.

21 hours ago, Kayin said:

So, the reason I don't use my Quetz really is because I have multiple sets of argies that all have:  More survivability,  More Speed,  More Weight than a Quetz.  They're easier to tame and breed.  

It's not uncommon to have an Argie that can solo kill an alpha raptor and still have close to 1k weight and 2k stamina.      A utility leveled argie can't solo kill an alpha raptor, but 6 of them in a train still can.    And I can farm more and travel faster than the Quetz. 

Perhaps Argies are just OP then?

I guess the better question is what kind of stats do you have the quetzals you raised?  Mine hatch with 2260 stam and 1580 weight and 340 melee...  After I get a 100% imprint on them I dont have any issues killing stuff if I need to during a metal run.  And like others have said with around 2.5k stam you can almost 1 hope the island map from herb.  I know because I did it on legacy.  6k weight on a quetzal carrying a loaded anky with anky having reduced weight on metal you can almost carry the same amount in 1 load as you are with 6 argies.   And the quetzal carrying anky makes up for the speed because you do not have to stop for harvesting.   I will take 1 quetzal over 6 birds in follow any day!

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

If the Quetzal saddle had a Tek Saddle that made it move a lil faster, but not a lot faster, would be an improvement. Other than this, nope, works fine as is.

Would rather a tek saddle had a better utility use ratyer than speeding it up. Just increase the speed of the quetz, its base speed was slow before the nerf never mind now. Everything else seems fine with the quetz except the speed. Wish it wasnt a game of "Are we nearly there yet ?". 

I get the reason why its slow and the reason why it shouldn't ever again have the HP and speed it use to have. 

useing a Quetzal to carry any resources is rather stupid, cause you can use an Argy for that.. but the Quetzal can carry any Dino for farming that have a weight reduction in the resource. where the Argy can only do that with a beaver. no metal farming dino can be carried by a Argy. 

Quetzal with an Ankly     - Metal - Obsidian - Crystal - flint 

Quetzal with a Doedie   -  stone

Quetzal with a Mammoth - wood  - berries

Quetzal with a platform saddle for transporting just about anything

in PvP you might need to be alpha, or with a good standing like allied with most tribes to use one.. in PvE its slow but every usefull 

If your in Herbivore island, build a raft.. large as possible and place vaults on it... So your questzal only needs to fly form the raft to the resource. 

These are my Quetzal base stats at hatch minus the 2600 stamina and 10k health i have and trying to breed in.

SE Q (Quetzal, Lvl 235, Female): HP: 8568.1 (37); St: 2480 (42); Ox: 660 (34); Fo: 5934 (33); We: 1504 (44); Dm: 331.2% (44); Sp: 136.5% (0); To: 27824.5 (234);

With 70+ imprint i am looking at 1600+ base weight and i can get it to 6k weight easily with 3k+ stamina. more than enough to do anything on a PVE server, With 1 quetzal and single anky, i can pull in 70+ stacks of raw metal in a single trip. fill forges in a matter of 10 minutes on 2x. these dinos are super resourceful.

On 12/4/2017 at 10:37 AM, Kayin said:

Can hold almost the same amount as an equal argent.

-Kayin

DILO? ...IDK what you are doing wrong but there is no way... You can push an Argie to 4k weight MAX! You can push a Quetzal to 10k Weight...

Argent can't pick an Ankley? so if an Argent have 4K weight and a quetzal have 4k weight you can still carry 3x more metal useing a quetzal and an Ankely

farming metal with a pick and placing the raw metal into a Argent to farm is doing it the slow way.. 

I just level melee on my ankley, 600% plus.. then a tibe member sit on the Ankley.. I pick both the player and Ankley up with the Quetzal and fly slow and close to metal deposits. the other player hit the metal nodes, and about the second hit the Ankley is overweight and if I drop it, it wouldn't be able to move.. but I continue till the quetzals weight is almost full, most times is enough to full 2 industrial forges

If you can full 1 industrial forges on a single trip with an argent, then you have my attention. farming metal is a dreadful job, and if I can do one 10min trip and full 2 industrial forges, I have a lot more time to do other stuff, but still do my part farming. 

Yep it's just about what you are currently doing. 

On Ragnarok I live in a kind of barren area for trees so grab the mammoth (2.2k weight) the Quetzal (2320 stam, currently 6.5k weight) and hop to the woods. Fill up to overweight capacity on mammoth and I am looking at 176+ stacks of wood. 2 trips and I have a vault in reserve, 2 forges worth for charcoal, and enough to build whatever else I want/need to build at the moment. 

Transporting Rex's from our area that we trade or other animal's, the Quetz wins there. 

I tend to use the motorboat to transport metal/obsidian from obsidian island (where I keep some Anky's and an indy forge) but it's a nice place when purchasing something with large amount of ingots to store the ings, grab and then fly directly to say the canyon rather than taking the motorboat all the way around and possibly making two trips with Argent plus be able to transport whatever I pick up directly back to base on platform. Straight line and all of that. 

1600 weight doedic, can overburden it. Pick up with quetzal. 

It has a ton of utility. 

Sometimes if I have some short IRL stuff to get done around the house (load dishwasher, load washing machine) it's very helpful to fly high and put the Quetzal on auto-pilot while I get that stuff done. As long as I'm not pushing it, there's no where I can't go, with 2320 stamina, on one trip. I can still be getting stuff done in the game while getting stuff done at the house. You can't safely do that with any other flyer. 

Then again I love to just tinker around the entire obsidian island with the anky's sometimes. It's kind of relaxing to spend an hour or two just doing that so speed and getting stuff done faster has never been a necessity for me. 

For your specific situation depending on your Quetz's stamina, you can push from herb to green ob or redwood mountain and then finish to obsidian island. Safe areas to land and regain stamina. 

Archived