Raptor Claus this year?

rexgutierrez

If they do it as they have in the past, the event is included in a patch which I assume would affect single player and unofficial servers as well I've always played on a private server and I've always gotten them... well except the "Halloween Event" (if it can be called an event) that I tried my best to activate, but no clear info had me fail and never be able to activate it :(

That doesn't give any answers about Rag though, sorry :/ 

• Volunteer Moderator
22 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

They have officially stated that there will be an event for this Christmas but not when.

However, keep in mind they also stated there would be a Halloween event, so keep your hopes realistic :)

They never stated there would be a Halloween event, in fact it was never planned for one to happen. The fact they have already said there will be a Christmas one is very different situation from the Halloween debacle.

12 hours ago, GP said:

They never stated there would be a Halloween event, in fact it was never planned for one to happen. The fact they have already said there will be a Christmas one is very different situation from the Halloween debacle.

Oh, I obviously didn't express myself clearly enough - quoting the patch notes: 

v273.5 (server only)
Halloween Event: The Witches Curse! (48-hrs only, until November 1st)

That, to me, is stating there is an event.

Apart from that, I had expected you as a moderator whould appreciate the effort to keep people's hopes realistic so that people don't get disappointed just because their hopes were way too high! Happy we can agree on the Halloween Event being a debacle, though :)

• Volunteer Moderator
13 minutes ago, Kimsie said:

Oh, I obviously didn't express myself clearly enough - quoting the patch notes: 

That, to me, is stating there is an event.

Apart from that, I had expected you as a moderator whould appreciate the effort to keep people's hopes realistic so that people don't get disappointed just because their hopes were way too high! Happy we can agree on the Halloween Event being a debacle, though :)

If the Halloween event had been planned to happen, like previous years, then it would have been a fully blown Fear Evolved event. This little Witches Curse was not originally planned, it was put on because people kept pushing for an event and in my personal opinion it should never have happened, just like the Thanksgiving Event never happened because the Devs needed to focus on Aberration.

Why keep people's hopes realistic? If I keep people's hopes realistic and it doesn't happen then I get accused of lieing like WC get constantly accused of lieing and the salt grows. I keep things real whether that is optimistic or pessimistic.

2 minutes ago, GP said:

If the Halloween event had been planned to happen, like previous years, then it would have been a fully blown Fear Evolved event. This little Witches Curse was not originally planned, it was put on because people kept pushing for an event and in my personal opinion it should never have happened, just like the Thanksgiving Event never happened because the Devs needed to focus on Aberration.

Why keep people's hopes realistic? If I keep people's hopes realistic and it doesn't happen then I get accused of lieing like WC get constantly accused of lieing and the salt grows. I keep things real whether that is optimistic or pessimistic.

You must not know the meaning of the word "realistic" - exemplifying with this case, it means to not expect of the devs more than they have a chance to deliver, what with Aberration taking time as well. I really don't see how that can be bad in any way. Also, that's pretty much how I interpret your use of "keep things real". I don't know what I said to make you so defensive and intent on contradicting me no matter what (as you berate my choice of words - realistic - but then, as I understand it, say the same thing anyway), a behaviour most surprising to me in a moderator. Whatever ticked you off, I didn't mean to provoke you - have a good day!

1 hour ago, Kimsie said:

You must not know the meaning of the word "realistic" - exemplifying with this case, it means to not expect of the devs more than they have a chance to deliver, what with Aberration taking time as well. I really don't see how that can be bad in any way. Also, that's pretty much how I interpret your use of "keep things real". I don't know what I said to make you so defensive and intent on contradicting me no matter what (as you berate my choice of words - realistic - but then, as I understand it, say the same thing anyway), a behaviour most surprising to me in a moderator. Whatever ticked you off, I didn't mean to provoke you - have a good day!

how cute, you got facepalmed

13 hours ago, GP said:

what about "that" event "once" where there would be lycanism and vampirism?

planned, never delivered

On 8-12-2017 at 11:30 AM, raptorjesus666 said:

what about "that" event "once" where there would be lycanism and vampirism?

planned, never delivered

selfquote.
facepalm me all you want
https://ark.gamepedia.com/ARK:_Fear_Evolved_2

"The event was originally supposed to include effects related to vampirism and lycanthropy, but these had to be cut at the last minute due to unforeseen circumstances on the dev team."

c'mon guys 1 more facepalm and you can make the wiki vanish, so it will look like there was never "such" an event
pathetic moderation if you ask me, but no-one did

so no hard feelings

Archived