KILLER0072

UI Scale bug HUD display is incorrect

Same problem, plus it took about an hour to join the server i play on because it kept saying no host connection lost. This update has been horrible for me so far, first the game updates while im on a meat run with my lvl 130 wolf wearing full fur with my journeymen rifle and pic and a few other items. My wolf was on passive so it was able to be killed by a level 12 of its own kind which also decided to eat me to and my dolphin also got killed by a megolodan during that time. This update really screwed me over.

Edited by Alchemist

Hi guys, since the update v731.0 i can not see my Hud on the right of my screen and when i construct a item he craft for 2 n take all of my ressource and i know some people have the same problem for the uscale but for the crafting i dont know why when i craft example one wooden wall he craft 2 if i have the ressource for 2 wall plz help 

Edited by Nkls514

After the recent patch my UI has been way off my screen, and the UI scaling doesn't do anything, it just makes the UI smaller rather than bringing it more inside the screen. This needs to be reverted to the other way, or we need another option to change screen size. I know I'm not the only one with the problem and I'm sure thousands of people have googled it by now with no answers. It's difficult to survive in a survival game when I can't tell if I'm dying from hunger, dehydration, low health, no oxygen, too much weight, or when I don't have stamina. I can't keep popping up the menu every time I want to check item durabilities or my health.

So they're basically  saying, "we understand you all spent $30 on the product we sold you buttt you know it's Friday and I got this thing this weekend. Whoo, just to much to do to fix the thing we made you pay for and then broke. But as they say, 'the lord giveth and he taketh away.' And in biblical fashion, we'll make our game playable again in 3 to 4 days. Just not now. It's buyers remorse in HD until then.

We appreciate your patience but honestly its not like you have a choice,

ARK"

Just a little information on who to really blame, if you're having problems with your screen-sizing for this game (and other games):  Microsoft.

When Microsoft came up with the XBox One O/S, they decided they didn't need to support older TVs that used 1080i (which is ultimately what causes problems with some games, when it comes to being able to see the complete screen).   Of course, most smart game developers have implemented a way for you to be able to work around this lack of Microsoft customer support by giving you the ability to size their game screens.

Yes, the Ark devs DID mess up on on this one, but, ultimately, I blame Microsoft.     Cast your own blame where you will, but at least be aware of the complete story.

"640K ought to be enough for anybody.”

~Bill Gates, circa 1981

It does seem to be a TV issue, I had the issue with my cello TV no matter what I did (aspect ratio, ui ratio) but when I switched to my Toshiba TV  and turned on the "hdmi pc full mode" the hud reappeared.

Is definitely a bug though as the hud was there on my cello TV before the update

2 hours ago, CriD said:

It's really annoying reading posts like this. Let them work. Mess with tv settings n u should be fine. Yes it's an issue but it's one they have addressed. All we need is another eta that makes more rage posts because it's late or day of. Seriously. Relax. When they know an eta, we will.

Not everyone has the same kind of tv. My tv cant be adjusted that way.. You seriously need to relax.  If you dont like my thread then move to another one...   

I will now report you...

29 minutes ago, Ozzy1313 said:

Just a little information on who to really blame, if you're having problems with your screen-sizing for this game (and other games):  Microsoft.

When Microsoft came up with the XBox One O/S, they decided they didn't need to support older TVs that used 1080i (which is ultimately what causes problems with some games, when it comes to being able to see the complete screen).   

Mine is 1080i and the screen fits fine, I turned off overscan.

If it's possible on your Television, a kind soul has posted this workaround in the patch notes and it seems to be working for some people - change 4:3 to Scan on your TV;

36 minutes ago, DBDsmartytuned said:

I read earlier people are having trouble with their ui scale I logged in after the update n had same problem looks like it has to do with the aspect ratio I had to manually go through my TVs settings and found on my lg that there is a option that said scan for me and when I put it on that n not 4:3 I think is what it was on my ui n HUD are back to normal just thought I'd share 

3 minutes ago, Ozzy1313 said:

Yeah..that works for me, but it makes a large black area at the top and bottom of the screen (and reduces the resolution significantly).   At least you can see the HUD and sides of the screen, however.

You can still change the resolution to 1080p but I don't have surround sound for sound

1 hour ago, Ozzy1313 said:

When Microsoft came up with the XBox One O/S, they decided they didn't need to support older TVs that used 1080i.

...Uh. My 32in is newer than my XB1. I'm having the issue, screen fixing on the TV doesn't work and UI is broken just like all these other poor folk. Sorry, :/ this statement isn't necessarily true.