KILLER0072

UI Scale bug HUD display is incorrect

Just now, Tyron said:

This is ridiculous, Why would you guys release an update and not notice such a HUGE error?   I'm losing faith here, I mean do you guys even have testers?

We are the testers.... that is exactly what you got into early access to do.

Just now, Gryphon said:

We are the testers.... that is exactly what you got into early access to do.

No, no.  They have employees who receive something called money to do that buddy.  On the otherhand you/me have to pay to test... you really think not one person tested the update before pushing it?  If you do your really an idiot.  And if thats not the case then the developers are idiots, and risking a large amount of support from players.

Okay just to clarify , I Tried useing 3 differnt TV's That i own in my house, a 60'' vizio ( It's still cut off) MY Sony 4k 60'' OLED ( Still cut off ) And now  my bedroom t a 40'' LG Smart tv series L8B401 (2015 model)  ( Still dont work)  SO no........either all my tvs are the unlocky ones or this is a brazen lie until the hotfix is applied.

Either way, It was supposed to release Wednesday but there was QA Problems at microsoft, So how did this get passed? lol....

ENJOY PEOPLE! 

So, as of Update v732.0 my in-game UI/HUD has been pushed off screen, where I can no longer see my quick-key bar or my status icons.

I have tried shrinking the "UI Scale" option, doesn't hep or fix it.
I have tried changing my TV's display settings to every possible screen format, doesn't help or fix it.
I have tried changing the Channel's display settings to PC, doesn't help or fix it.

I'm at a loss of how to recover it, since ARK doesn't offer a "Safe Zone" option like every other game.

Some help would be greatly appreciated.

25 minutes ago, Tyron said:

This is ridiculous, Why would you guys release an update and not notice such a HUGE error?   I'm losing faith here, I mean do you guys even have testers?

You do realize that you are playing an Early Access ALPHA right? Not even a Beta...we ARE the testers. If that is something you can not grasp I suggest you put the game away until it goes gold and NEVER partake in any other Early Access titles.

22 minutes ago, Elowood said:

SO no........either all my tvs are the unlocky ones or this is a brazen lie until the hotfix is applied.

Either way, It was supposed to release Wednesday but there was QA Problems at microsoft, So how did this get passed? lol....

It works on my TVs, they have an option to turn overscan off.

MS certification is not QA, certification is so the game does not break the Xbox or policies, it doesn't test game quality.

Edited by Gryphon

It's really annoying reading posts like this. Let them work. Mess with tv settings n u should be fine. Yes it's an issue but it's one they have addressed. All we need is another eta that makes more rage posts because it's late or day of. Seriously. Relax. When they know an eta, we will.

Same problem here (as well as some of my friends).   I realize it's because my TV is an older 1080i (instead of 1080p).   I saw the Ark tech's post here earlier saying that they are aware of the problem and are working on it.  

My question to the tech folks is:   You say you'll have a fix out soon.   How soon is "soon"?    I'll be happy with an approximate answer.   Thanks.

I downloaded the 731.0 update on February 12th, then after getting on my private world, which was fine before, now the game doesn't "fit" on my screen, I can't see my Health, Stamina (etc) symbols nor the full tool bar, I've already tried the UI Scale option in the 'Options Menu.'

Any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Omni said:

The user interface no long scales to screen, just the icon size and windows. As I have come to learn that roughly half of 272 has the issue as well, I dont know how the update was released with this game breaking flaw, please help with a fix or rerelease this bunked update.  Thanks.

Its an alpha man if you want solid stable builds maybe pre-release is not for you.