Theories of Aberration boss

Meshi

40 minutes ago, Eli said:

"He" could mean any number of things. After all, Lysrix is a female by the fact that her full title is Broodmother.

True True o.O Then again it could just be one of the previous survivors mutated. Rockwell didn't make it off the Ark and is now the boss lol, but I guess he wouldn't necessarily be "familiar" 

Based on translated text of Mysterious Mysteries I think that final boss is actually overseer. Special thenks fo @ZenRowe.

"I am not a god. I am more than that. Infinitely more. I am everything. This world it is my body.

I can feel every bit of it, every footstep of man or beast that falls upon my skin and every root that digs into my flesh. They are all mine. Everything in this world happens only by my will.

The ones who put me here have long since fled, but though I hate them, I accept their escape. It is their reward, for they placed me upon this throne.

Yet should anyone else challenge me, they shall receive no mercy. My wrath will be swift and terrible and my enemies will know only pain. I am everything."

• Wildcard Community
11 minutes ago, Meshi said:

Based on translated text of Mysterious Mysteries I think that final boss is actually overseer. Special thenks fo @ZenRowe.

Or maybe it's both. maybe the position of the overseer is something that can be challenge and taken. Maybe it is Rockwell AND also the overseer. One and the same

7 minutes ago, ZenRowe said:

Or maybe it's both. maybe the position of the overseer is something that can be challenge and taken. Maybe it is Rockwell AND also the overseer. One and the same

Add 1st Rockwell wouldn't write in quaternary language. Add 2nd Even if he would those sentences are too simple written for Rockwell englishman classy language.

23 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

What if the boss doesn't have one? You should have a plan B just in case. :S

Yeah I thought about that, maybe I'll just blow it up. But wait.......... seeing from the latest dossier (which is no doubt the boss) it seems to be that the ghostly figure IS the ARK it self. So if thats the case then, would killing the boss also destroy the ARK?

Ok, my theory on the boss: Rockwell plays with element too much, begins to become a Nameless, albeit slowly. He goes to the bottom the ark, meets the overseer, and somehow fuses with it, becoming a hideous tentacled reaper-Nameless-overseer-defense unit hybrid, possibly with a karkinos like face (look at the dossier closely above the ark image) The ark itself is technically his body, but we only fight the mutant overseer monsters. I’m PREEEEEEETY sure he’s part overseer, as I kinda imagine that having that role can give you a god complex (which he so CLEARLY has in this case) Helena beats him with only a bulbdog, a rockdrake, and a reaper (I imagine at some point SOMEBODY important will get impregnated) and ascends to whatever is next, be it another ark, the creator homeworld, etc. Whatever Rockwell is, I’m REALLY looking forward to tearing him limb from limb, I hated him ever since he betrayed Helena. He’s a coward and only deserves what he’s gonna get. In addition to MY rockdrakes, reapers and bulbdogs, I’m gonna have wyverns I used to beat the Manticore on hard and rexes, a yuty, and a daeodon I used to beat the island bosses and the overseer. DOWN WITH ROCKWELL!!!

it doesn't sound like the overseer to me, as "overseer" implies that it just oversees the ARK, this, this thing IS the ark. Also, based on the translations, this seems like it's not a boss Dossier, but rather an Explorer note. The one that most rings a bell is when Raia's boyfriend John is killed by wyverns and she kills all the scaly beasts on SE.

25 minutes ago, DemonLordCronos said:

I think dodorex or dodowyvern

Didn't someone say in a Q&A that those would be part of the next DLC after this one?

Found it, community crunch 108

Survivor DromaeoSapiens asks, “What will be the fate of the Dodorex now that the game in officially released? Will it remain a holiday event creature or do you guys have something else is mind?”

You might well see it become canon somewhere within the third Expansion!

Hmmm that accounts for dodorex..not the dodowyvern.

The tentacles could belong to another boss, or be connected to the last boss. Remember, the words on the latest mystery were translated to say "he" is the ARK so I'd assume it's Rockwell who has become some sort of aberration himself, connected to the ARK with a hive mind awareness. The tentacles will probably reside on the surface near his throne of sorts, as I imagine the arena is up there. We may run into the tentacles as he senses our presence.

I'm assuming there's only one or two bosses. One of the obelisks appeared to be damaged and SE only had the one boss, so I'd say it'll be similar this time around.

I'm expecting to see the 12 or 13 new creatures, the cool glowing dinos and one or two bosses. 

2 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

What about the hive creature? And the thing in community crunch 110 would be the hive minion. This thing could be similar to the araneo Broodmother, having minions on the ground. (Could also have Rockwell involved here)

This would be my biggest nightmare. I hate creepy crawlees.

• Wildcard Community
40 minutes ago, Meshi said:

I really dont understand why so many ppl see Rockwell as bad guy. What's your arguments for this theory? To be honest Rockwell does way less evil then any random pvper.

I think it's less about being a "bad guy" and more about being something akin to "Corrupted by isolation and anger at being dropped into a fabricated hostile environment"

1 hour ago, ZenRowe said:

I think it's less about being a "bad guy" and more about being something akin to "Corrupted by isolation and anger at being dropped into a fabricated hostile environment"

He never been really angry at being dropped into ARK. He is actually fascinated by it. He turn into paranoia In SE. He definitely want to be more powerful but he don't want to wipe out ppl on ARK because he would lost test subjects. Rockwell theory isnt build on any good foundation.

7 hours ago, Sharpshot879 said:

I Think you forgot that you can’t have fliers

I remember, but I play singleplayer and thus by the time I will reach the boss (I have a few friends and permanently boosted rates on my side) I will be able to bring my wyverns in, if they can’t be transferred onto singleplayer aberration from the beginning. I intend to not actually use flyers on the map at all other than the boss fight, however.

• Wildcard Community
17 hours ago, Meshi said:

He never been really angry at being dropped into ARK. He is actually fascinated by it. He turn into paranoia In SE. He definitely want to be more powerful but he don't want to wipe out ppl on ARK because he would lost test subjects. Rockwell theory isnt build on any good foundation.

Actually the translation of the text fits your explanation quite well. Fascination turned to paranoia. Could be that he sees this now as HIS ARK. no one elses. Nothing in that text suggests he wants to wipe out people on the ark, only that they should not challenge his throne. The text says that he hates the ones that put him there, but it does also imply that he is not angry... because he likes his command over the ark.

I actually haven't completed the story yet xD I have spent the last two years with my nose in the devkit rather than the game itself. So I'm not trying to claim that the answer is one way or another, just trying to piece together why people might think of one theory over another, compared with the psychology of that text.

Archived