Theories of Aberration boss

Meshi

I wonder what are your theories what aberration boss will be. Based on Jen statement we saw all creatures of aberration except boss. And there are mysterious tentacles on aberration wallpaper.

My two cents. Previous bosses were more or less mythical creatures. I actually think that final boss is kraken. And boss arena will be under the water.  I came to that impression by trailer. If you go frame after frame when Ark Logo appears you will frist see circular cave with spikes all around and then it turns blue and white specks start flowing and then corals grow from floor. I think boss fight will be under the water and we will be facing kraken.

• Volunteer Moderator
16 minutes ago, Summers said:

ab_bg-1.png

maybe this one? seems like underground/underwater one :) (in red circles) (kraken) also why would it be on picture if it wont exists :P just my opinion.

We're all guessing that is the boss yes, but what exactly is it is currently the question. It's understandable people would think Kraken, but we won't know for sure yet, but I rekon we'll know just prior to launch once all the other Mysterious Mysteries have been released. I don't think they've done one yet for the Pug thing yet.

14 hours ago, Meshi said:

I wonder what are your theories what aberration boss will be. Based on Jen statement we saw all creatures of aberration except boss. And there are mysterious tentacles on aberration wallpaper.

My two cents. Previous bosses were more or less mythical creatures. I actually think that final boss is kraken. And boss arena will be under the water.  I came to that impression by trailer. If you go frame after frame when Ark Logo appears you will frist see circular cave with spikes all around and then it turns blue and white specks start flowing and then corals grow from floor. I think boss fight will be under the water and we will be facing kraken.

that glowing bit at the end was the bioluminesence biome

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Meshi said:

True. Also Lamprey is missing. But when @Olivar poked to Jen on twitter she answered that all creatures except boss was introdused one way or another.

Yeah, depends if they want to get all Mysterious Mysteries out before launch, but seeing as that is next week it probably won't happen, so I think maybe we will find out the boss this week?

2 hours ago, Summers said:

ab_bg-1.png

maybe this one? seems like underground/underwater one :) (in red circles) (kraken) also why would it be on picture if it wont exists :P just my opinion.

I think that is actually the Basilisk. https://ark.gamepedia.com/File:Dossier_Basilisk_Torn.jpg You can see that the creature is roughly the same size and looks very similar. Also, Since Jen said that the boss was not revealed yet that might mean that we don't have any idea what it is at all. Cementing the idea that this is in fact, the Basilisk.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, GLADONOS said:

I think that is actually the Basilisk. https://ark.gamepedia.com/File:Dossier_Basilisk_Torn.jpg You can see that the creature is roughly the same size and looks very similar. Also, Since Jen said that the boss was not revealed yet that might mean that we don't have any idea what it is at all. Cementing the idea that this is in fact, the Basilisk.

There's a possibility it could be the basilisk tail, but it's rather long, unless it is two of them.

I don't think the ending to the trailer is enough to assume the boss will be water based. It can easily be explained away as cave matter floating around and ordinary glowing aberration plants we have already seen. Coral grows in sunlight and the cave had been very dark. 

The image is also of the surface and the tentacles (I believe it's best described as limbs) are appearing through a thin crack in the ground. To me that speaks more of a ground dweller rather than a water creature. I just can't imagine a large body of water under that. Geographically speaking. 

Basilisk is a mythical creature BTW and also a ground dweller. Perhaps the limbs coming from the ground are in fact attached to two basilisk? However I would dismiss it considering basilisks are a lot smaller. 

I think kraken was a good suggestion but I just don't see how it links to aberration. I wouldn't be surprised if the boss was more alien. Looking into facts on the mystery creatures it's evident they have been influenced from a variety of places. Like the movie nine and I suspect Pacific rim. 

Edited: Additionally I would say the limbs remind me of the movie tremors which makes me think of deathworms. 

The boss was said to be something familiar with the stream for aberration during Twitch Con, to me that could possibly be a tail rather than a kraken/Squid like part... there is a chance it could be a mutation of an already existing boss or one of the other dinos, example being the dragon boss and his tail ( though im personally feel thats a stretch)  i guess at very most id say maybe could possible be a Tuso mutation for a boss but that wouldn't Go with the Theme of This DLC, this DLC take heavy influence from Aliens (Nameless especially given the reflection to the xenomorph Life cycle even, being a huge fan of aliens this part for me is realllly interesting), but generally im not thinking Squid oddly. I am only seeing one and im sure they'd add in more if they wanted to hint at that. I am thinking more along the line of Tail of something if im honest, but they say familiar so literally could be a mut of anything from ARK.

• Wildcard Community
14 minutes ago, Fireneji said:

Just for the helluvit I'm hoping it's a giant abominable combination of the three current bosses. A Centaur style with the body of the Ape, legs of the Spider, head and wings of the Dragon

The boss will be one that players are familiar with ;)

• Wildcard Community
Just now, UDGxKnight said:

Yeah I am curious what that exactly means though lol. The description is "he" is familiar to us and that just raises more questions xD

"He" could mean any number of things. After all, Lysrix is a female by the fact that her full title is Broodmother.

Archived