Resource farming.

BaldBudgie

10 hours ago, GLADONOS said:

Does not even look like you get ANY of the farmers from the base game...(Doed, Anky, Theri, Beaver etc)

We don't have a full - confirmed list for what is appearing in Aberration.  That being said, I'm pretty sure that we'll have farming dinos, even if they aren't from the standard game.

The rock drake and the reaper are really big.  I'm hoping that they have a little extra functionality in being able to pick up and carry farming dinos around.  If that's the case, I'll use them to tote my farming dinos back and forth.  Or maybe Karkinos will have that ability.

If I'm wrong and they don't add aberrant farming dinos, I'll just add them to spawn areas on my server.

Same way you would farm on SE.
I played it heavy at launch. Platform Saddle Paracer will give the same effect, just without the flying. Saw them everywhere on the test gameplay.

Just like the Thorny Dragon is to a Beaver or Rock golem to a Doed. We will have farming animals. There are vanilla animals on this ARK so I am really curious how taming will be and if it will be a nightmare like SE.

1 hour ago, ManGorilla said:

Same way you would farm on SE.
I played it heavy at launch. Platform Saddle Paracer will give the same effect, just without the flying. Saw them everywhere on the test gameplay.

Just like the Thorny Dragon is to a Beaver or Rock golem to a Doed. We will have farming animals. There are vanilla animals on this ARK so I am really curious how taming will be and if it will be a nightmare like SE.

Didn't say there was not going to be any. I was saying the vanilla ones won't be in i don't think. My assumption is this:

Naked Mole Rat will farm Wood(Since it's sorta like a Beaver) Imagine a Beaver that can't swim very well but can climb like a Thyla or burrow like a giant Purlovia(Or both)

Basilisk will farm Stone(May even have the ability to get stone from killing things... That would be really cool)

IDK what farms Metal though...

Maybe the Crab...?

I am actually hoping for SOME kind of new Metal farmer since the Anky is boring as raptor...:Jerbmad:

1 hour ago, GLADONOS said:

Didn't say there was not going to be any. I was saying the vanilla ones won't be in i don't think. My assumption is this:

Naked Mole Rat will farm Wood(Since it's sorta like a Beaver) Imagine a Beaver that can't swim very well but can climb like a Thyla or burrow like a giant Purlovia(Or both)

Basilisk will farm Stone(May even have the ability to get stone from killing things... That would be really cool)

Maybe the Crab...?

I am actually hoping for SOME kind of new Metal farmer since the Anky is boring as raptor...:Jerbmad:

Yes I get a headache from watching that boring anky tailswing over and over again!

I'm just curious, where did you learn those dinos will farm resources?

On 12/4/2017 at 6:24 AM, GLADONOS said:

Maybe the Crab...?

My guesses are:

Wood:  This beastie:  

It has HUGE claws, can climb zip lines, and is rideable (I believe you can see it in one of the most recent screenshots).  Climbing will be important due to the verticality.

Metal:  No clue.  I don't think it will be the crab though because the Karkinos already has some pretty nifty functionality.  Maybe this guy, since it would reduce issues with carried harvesters abusing the system: 

Naked Mole rat:  I think these guys will either find mushrooms/seeds/gems or gas geysers.  Most likely gems.  Gems are a new resource to the map, and naked mole rats are burrowing animals.

Stone:  No clue.  None that currently have a dossier up.

11 hours ago, Scrysis said:

My guesses are:

Wood:  This beastie:  

It has HUGE claws, can climb zip lines, and is rideable (I believe you can see it in one of the most recent screenshots).  Climbing will be important due to the verticality.

Metal:  No clue.  I don't think it will be the crab though because the Karkinos already has some pretty nifty functionality.  Maybe this guy, since it would reduce issues with carried harvesters abusing the system: 

Naked Mole rat:  I think these guys will either find mushrooms/seeds/gems or gas geysers.  Most likely gems.  Gems are a new resource to the map, and naked mole rats are burrowing animals.

Stone:  No clue.  None that currently have a dossier up.

The Naked Mole Rat farming wood i am almost certain will be the case.

I really like the idea of that cthulu creature farming metal maybe it will have the ability to glide like a rock drake so we will have a gliding metal farmer... That would be awesome.

I have seen Doed n Anky in the game so they are still an option could possibly put them on a Paracer platform and walk them around that way to get more weight or pack mule chains.

Tho it is possible farming by hand may be the best while riding on a dino that can climb due to the vertical nature of the map unless of course one of those climbing dinos can farm 

We are currently using a paracer with forges on the back, two meglos for protection, and an anky. We built out by.. the blue trees, soul trees, area as there's a crap ton of metal everywhere at the cost of having to constantly deal with the Nameless. Our strat is solid. Deeper in that area we've gathered god loads of chitin from the scorps and centipedes. 

So far it's the best area for metal I've come across. 40, 65 area. All the small blue rocks give metal. And there's tons of them everywhere 

3 hours ago, Critter said:

We are currently using a paracer with forges on the back, two meglos for protection, and an anky. We built out by.. the blue trees, soul trees, area as there's a crap ton of metal everywhere at the cost of having to constantly deal with the Nameless. Our strat is solid. Deeper in that area we've gathered god loads of chitin from the scorps and centipedes. 

So far it's the best area for metal I've come across. 40, 65 area. All the small blue rocks give metal. And there's tons of them everywhere 

I have to give you bonus points for this post, You add cords to the Original Response!

Thanks for the info, we found brown river rocks giving flint, and equal parts metal and stone the best right now. But now I know, Blue is the new Gold!

Roll rat is awesome for wood, and honey is abundant to tame them. But the saddle is costly early game (475 ingots + cp).

Reapers are awesome for chitin and meat, tame one now.

Sheep are found between the lake and 40 55, also ONE RICH METAL NODE, Its 3.20am so i will update with co-ords tomorrow but if you go from 23 57 and move uphill away from a lake there is a river, it will go down into a valley, look for gas collector spots along the cliff edge and you will find it (may be a graphic render bug but there is a red line on the floor just before the gas collector/metal node).

The reapers are all down by the beach/lake, the only threat is raptors and the odd carno, otherwise, trike, stego, carbo, dodo, lystro, bulb-dog, paracer and do-ed galore. Plus a route to the surface or a cave, and to the lower level.

Also, there are at least 6 or 7 different different loot crate spawns around the area, 3 are up on the cavern sides in hidden nooks, and 2 more spawns if you carry on down into the valley and cross the river, look for the glow. the devs have been really smart with their positioning. 

Archived