3 months passed, whats gonna happen with legacy servers?

OttoGrunf

wildcard stated that new round of server wipe will hapen 3 months after first one. that date was due yesterday. some people like me still play on legacy server and becouse of all those turret changes we have to invest a lot of work to cope with that limitation. its pointles for us to grind for days or weeks if @Panda will delete our server in 10, 30, 60 days. so please @Jatheish and @TheRightHand please be kind to your player base community that still plays on legacy servers and tell us which servers will be deleted. thanks for understanding

wildcard stated that new round of server wipe will hapen 3 months after first one. that date was due yesterday. some people like me still play on legacy server and becouse of all those turret changes we have to invest a lot of work to cope with that limitation. its pointles for us to grind for days or weeks if [mention=24594]Panda[/mention] will delete our server in 10, 30, 60 days. so please [mention=2]Jatheish[/mention] and [mention=3836]TheRightHand[/mention] please be kind to your player base community that still plays on legacy servers and tell us which servers will be deleted. thanks for understanding
You'll only get a few days notice to migrate.
This is wildcard we are talking about lol...

My guess is that the next round of wipes are on hold due to the rise of new and returning exlpoit abuse.

As a pve player, I have seen an increase of interest in legacy servers by new players (at least on my server). It seems legacy arent having tame cap issues as well as being less laggy and that is making it very attractive to play on.

Would be nice to hear from the devs about it, but they probably don't know what to do about it yet with all the other issues going on.

22 hours ago, Moozoo said:

You'll only get a few days notice to migrate.
This is wildcard we are talking about lol...

i hope they learned they lession and inform people on time. and to be honest, i hope they will delete all legacy servers even we play there and give us more officials without lag

20 hours ago, Sh4rk said:

My guess is that the next round of wipes are on hold due to the rise of new and returning exlpoit abuse.

As a pve player, I have seen an increase of interest in legacy servers by new players (at least on my server). It seems legacy arent having tame cap issues as well as being less laggy and that is making it very attractive to play on.

Would be nice to hear from the devs about it, but they probably don't know what to do about it yet with all the other issues going on.

if your guess is right, they could just merge clusters. and i doubt that. of all people i see on our legacy and some other legacy servers, 90% is there becouse they are new or returning players and don't know legacy will be wiped. that 10% other is there becouse they can't stand lag on official pvp servers. i get headache on new officials, while i play fine on legacy

Like last time it won't matter if a server is highly populated. We also won't get much of a warning. I bet we'll be lucky to even get a warning. And all legacy servers will eventually be wiped as per Stieglitz's anti-promise. The legacy cluster will most likely exist until a month or two after the last DLC is released in order to maximize profit.

On 12/2/2017 at 10:43 AM, OttoGrunf said:

wildcard stated that new round of server wipe will hapen 3 months after first one. that date was due yesterday. some people like me still play on legacy server and becouse of all those turret changes we have to invest a lot of work to cope with that limitation. its pointles for us to grind for days or weeks if @Panda will delete our server in 10, 30, 60 days. so please @Jatheish and @TheRightHand please be kind to your player base community that still plays on legacy servers and tell us which servers will be deleted. thanks for understanding

They haven't announced anything, which means there probably isn't any information to give yet. I'd imagine when they start looking at repurposing Legacy servers again, they'll let people know.

• Wildcard Community
On 12/2/2017 at 10:43 AM, OttoGrunf said:

We don't have any information to share about this matter just yet. When we do we will make an announcement about it.

10 minutes ago, Eli said:

We don't have any information to share about this matter just yet. When we do we will make an announcement about it.

No information? So no one is actually monitoring how well each legacy server is doing? I guess they could use a server monitoring site but even the rankings on battlemetrics are a bit spotty since they include killed official servers like SotF ones.

As an aside, why'd ya pick that particular number for your community rep points? Why not 9,001 so it'd be...OVER 9,000?! :D

9 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

No information? So no one is actually monitoring how well each legacy server is doing?

I'd assume what Eli means is that they don't have any information to share on the topic yet, but they will when they do. That's said, it's safe to suggest there's at least one person at WC with their ear on the ground and access to their own game statistics.

6 minutes ago, LouSpowells said:

I'd assume what Eli means is that they don't have any information to share on the topic yet, but they will when they do. Considering that anyone with Battlemetrics can monitor how each legacy server is doing, it's safe to suggest there's at least one person at WC with their ear on the ground.

I know. He said it pretty clearly. I was responding to that. I should have been more clear with something like "No information to share yet?" I just would have thought that if they had a running list of the legacy servers tied with their performances they could have simply thrown it out there after the three month interval.

edit: The new kill list that is. I am bad at being clear today. xD

5 minutes ago, Vrallox said:

I know. He said it pretty clearly. I was responding to that. I should have been more clear with something like "No information to share yet?" I just would have thought that if they had a running list of the legacy servers tied with their performances they could have simply thrown it out there after the three month interval.

edit: The new kill list that is. I am bad at being clear today. xD

All good...I'm not much for weekend clarity myself. lol 

I got the impression on first announcement that they would be revisiting Legacy server populations every 3 months or so to see what action (if any) was needed. I took that more as, "We'll look again in 3 months and let you know if we plan on decommissioning more." I wasn't really expecting an update until they decided more would be repurposed.

4 hours ago, Eli said:

well 3 months passed and everybody on legacy is feeling hatchet over their head. if you dont plan to kill us, at least tell us for how long we are still safe? post like: "hello legacy people, we will not behead you for minimum of next 30 days" would be super appreciated, from everybody, trust me :) so please be kind and give us some information about our fates :D

5 hours ago, Eli said:

May suggest a slight corrections/clarification of your statement:

[We don't have any information to share about this matter just yet. When we do we will make an announcement about it five days before we delete all your characters, dinos, and bases. AND if you are prim+ you will get only a 2 day transfer window. And to top it all off we will patch the day before transfers close breaking transfers lolz aren't we a stinker! ] #GreatMigration2017NeverForget

So many legacy players clinging to lost hope. All the ex legacy players (myself included) who abandoned the sinking ship and started fresh are all now built and bred up and none regret it. I'm not sure how you guys can invest so much time grinding and building knowing it is more than likely going to be gone within 6 months. Also from our perspective, some of the reason our new official servers are so full and laggy is because we won't get to spread out into fresh new official servers until they shut down the legacy clusters.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, CaptainRaa said:

So many legacy players clinging to lost hope. All the ex legacy players (myself included) who abandoned the sinking ship and started fresh are all now built and bred up and none regret it. I'm not sure how you guys can invest so much time grinding and building knowing it is more than likely going to be gone within 6 months.

Well, any time put into gaming is wasted anyways no matter if you play on legacy, new cluster or unofficial. So... as long as they enjoy it and have fun, where is the problem? You made your choice, and they made their so please respect that. :)

5 minutes ago, CaptainRaa said:

Also from our perspective, some of the reason our new official servers are so full and laggy is because we won't get to spread out into fresh new official servers until they shut down the legacy clusters.

It has nothing to do with that. Wildcard could add 100 servers tomorrow and they will all be capped in a few weeks. Players are hoarding creatures that they never and will never use, others are mass raising for trading, others are mass raising for mutations purpose (either for stats or purely colors), etc. I even saw reports of players claiming some tribes on their server are selling slots by having hundreds if not thousands of dodos. Wildcard are trying to find solutions, but same as pillaring abuse, players are smart and are bypassing them. Take in example the per-tribe limit getting bypassed with alt accounts/characters. I however can agree, that some of the game mechanic requires to hoard dinos (I point at you kibbles for taming/imprinting) but they already said that they will address it by re-working the kibble tree but this unfortunately take time. But let's be honest here, how many players will kill their egg layers when it is out? Maybe a few, but definitely not the vast majority. The claiming also been disabled to help and prevent players from claiming everything they see. Adding more servers won't fix the problem or the need to hoard, it will just extend it at a massive cost each months. But anyways, this is not a thread to discuss server cap nor to discuss about new servers opening even if I can see the indirect connection between that and the closing of some legacy servers.

* sometime during a staff meeting *

dev A: anyway we'll need to get a few servers ready for the Abberation release date

dev B: good point, how about we repurpose some of those legacy servers?

dev A: ahh yes we are coming up to the 3 month mark we should start sending out some communications to get players migrating

dev B: ok but we better get started soon because head office wants us to reduce legacy server numbers by 50% to save on expenditure

Random admin staff: well the accounts for the next month of server fees are payable in 3 days

dev A: ok ok let me think.  Alright, send out a communication now, players have 3 days to migrate.

It has nothing to do with that. Wildcard could add 100 servers tomorrow and they will all be capped in a few weeks. Players are hoarding creatures that they never and will never use, others are mass raising for trading, others are mass raising for mutations purpose (either for stats or purely colors), etc. I even saw reports of players claiming some tribes on their server are selling slots by having hundreds if not thousands of dodos. Wildcard are trying to find solutions, but same as pillaring abuse, players are smart and are bypassing them. Take in example the per-tribe limit getting bypassed with alt accounts/characters. I however can agree, that some of the game mechanic requires to hoard dinos (I point at you kibbles for taming/imprinting) but they already said that they will address it by re-working the kibble tree but this unfortunately take time. But let's be honest here, how many players will kill their egg layers when it is out? Maybe a few, but definitely not the vast majority. The claiming also been disabled to help and prevent players from claiming everything they see. Adding more servers won't fix the problem or the need to hoard, it will just extend it at a massive cost each months. But anyways, this is not a thread to discuss server cap nor to discuss about new servers opening even if I can see the indirect connection between that and the closing of some legacy servers.
Our server is 6 months old and not yet capped. Also from a profit standpoint no they could not add 100 servers tomorrow and not have that come off the bottom line. Close some or all legacy servers however and repurpose them and for a smaller cost we would be less populated on true official. I do agree how ever that people will just store dinos on new servers. Excessive pillar in is now essential to stop new people setting up on our server to further reduce lag. Once the player base goes over 35 it is terrible to play on. Pillar all the beaches and new players move on pillar all the flat base spots and Dino storage or traders are likely to look elsewhere to throw up the circle of gates if they have to spend too much time building a base they spend no time at. Pillars are our friend.

On 04/12/2017 at 4:55 PM, CaptainRaa said:

So many legacy players clinging to lost hope. All the ex legacy players (myself included) who abandoned the sinking ship and started fresh are all now built and bred up and none regret it. I'm not sure how you guys can invest so much time grinding and building knowing it is more than likely going to be gone within 6 months. Also from our perspective, some of the reason our new official servers are so full and laggy is because we won't get to spread out into fresh new official servers until they shut down the legacy clusters.

Dude, after legacy is gone the new servers are next.  Also don't expect much in the way of new servers.  They deleted about 423 servers from PC and then only introduced about 170 new servers.  The other 250 or so were decommissioned forever to save on costs.  That's why it's so crowded.

Hello everyone :),

I've played on Legacy Server PvE since the game was released mainly do to people pillaring off big areas of the map on Official Servers. I've wondered for sometime are the devs going to wipe Legacy Servers when Aberration comes out and if not will it be on Legacy? Some of this wondering has come from people on my server talking about how the devs will look at the server population and wipe the ones with low population but I can't find this. So can someone help me out?

Hay everyone Iam sure this has been ask before over and over but I really don't want to doing anything more on the legacy server now because I don't really see the point i have it in the back of my mind they will take it down at some point I'd just rather know the truth now will they or will they not take um down has there been anymore talk about it btw I play on 417

On ‎4‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 5:25 PM, CaptainRaa said:

Yep sad to say but some folks just can't let go of their virtual pixels. I've been raided close to 30 times. Never really bothered, you rebuild you get over it. These legacy folks need to realise they are on borrowed time. 

Archived