Tamed therizinosaurus gaining torpor constantly

SageLeon

Hello all!  Hopefully someone can help. I am on the ragnarok map on Ark and I tamed a high level wild Therizinosaurus. I did do a berry tame  After tame I  jumped on my new beast and it seems his torpor rises like crazy. This was four hours after taming him. When i get off of him his torpor will drop  to  3 and then raise sometimes  to 16. I will say I did  ride him at night. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is it a bug?  

I have noticed if I over feed any Dino narcotics or narcberries after it's tamed for a while afterwards it will continue to rise in topor. I belive it's just carrying over from over narc'ing it. I tend to do it most on the thez and giga because I don't wanna take the chance of it waking up lol!! I play on Xbox, incase that matters.

• Volunteer Moderator
5 minutes ago, DeningWei said:

Probably over fed it narcs while taming it?

I thought about that too when I did read this thread yesterday but, since he says that it drop then raises again I was not sure.. and after 4 hours an over tranquilized dino should be stabilized (unless he turned off the server or is playing singleplayer I guess).

20 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

I thought about that too when I did read this thread yesterday but, since he says that it drop then raises again I was not sure.. and after 4 hours an over tranquilized dino should be stabilized (unless he turned off the server or is playing singleplayer I guess).

or he fed it literally thousands of narcoberries(better for quick torpor depleting dinos than narcotics) at the end of the tame.

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, DarthaNyan said:

or he fed it literally thousands of narcoberries(better for quick torpor depleting dinos than narcotics) at the end of the tame.

Yes, but the torpor would continue to increase, not drop, raise, drop again and raise again, etc. when he is riding it.

3 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

I did think of that and thought maybe he was mistaken with some observations.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 hours ago, DeningWei said:

I did think of that and thought maybe he was mistaken with some observations.

You are probably right. But I think @Olivar is experienced enough to know if it was the case and he mentioned it once happened for him too so maybe we are facing a legitimate bug/issue.

It's similar to when your dinosaurs start to walk forward themselves when you mount them, without pressing a movement key.
Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen either, yet it sometimes does and is actually quite annoying.

The torpor thing feels like the same for me.
It sometimes just happens without any reason.
The only real reason I can think of why a person or dinosaur would be getting torpor is that they are starving.
When starving your torpor starts to increase.
That's the only valid reason I know for this.

Outside that : sounds like a bug

10 minutes ago, Olivar said:

It's similar to when your dinosaurs start to walk forward themselves when you mount them, without pressing a movement key.
Pretty sure that's not supposed to happen either, yet it sometimes does and is actually quite annoying.

The torpor thing feels like the same for me.
It sometimes just happens without any reason.
The only real reason I can think of why a person or dinosaur would be getting torpor is that they are starving.
When starving your torpor starts to increase.
That's the only valid reason I know for this.

Outside that : sounds like a bug

When dinos are starving their torpor isnt going up. Just Hp going down.

• Volunteer Moderator
18 minutes ago, Olivar said:

That is completely YOUR fault. How can you call that a tamed creature if you didn't show him who's the boss... HOW? :P

Archived