How to make your console servers into a cluster?

Does anyone know how to have my two servers see each other. One is in the DMZ zone and the other is port forwarded. My players and I would like to switch between servers for achievements and have bases on each. We were able to upload our character then switch maps and download. I have purchase a third Xbox One S and need them on a cluster. Help me please.

Guest DJRone89
On 03/12/2017 at 11:35 PM, FirstClassClip said:

Does anyone know how to have my two servers see each other. One is in the DMZ zone and the other is port forwarded. My players and I would like to switch between servers for achievements and have bases on each. We were able to upload our character then switch maps and download. I have purchase a third Xbox One S and need them on a cluster. Help me please.

Only PC dedicated servers can be clustered.

Guest DJRone89
20 hours ago, FirstClassClip said:
23 hours ago, DJRone89 said:
Only PC dedicated servers can be clustered.

Thanks, hoping they offer consoles the same ability soon.

If they haven’t done it yet after 2 years, I doubt they ever will. I think it has something to do with how player dedicated servers are set up and how they run differently from PC dedicated.

• 3 months later...
Guest DJRone89
43 minutes ago, bertrob2 said:

Are you talking about the steam version or cross-play? And if using Xbox live version on PC how?

Steam and rented servers.

• 1 month later...
Guest DJRone89
5 hours ago, DaniCardelli said:

Really? We were talking about dedicated servers on xbox and you were talking about Nitrado rented servers and Steam version?

How come that u thought u had any answer to post here?

Still wainting to see if WC would help us on this. 

They have answered; only rented Nitrado servers on Xbox can be clustered.

I mentioned Steam because Window 10 hosted servers aren’t technically PC dedicated in the same aspect. I didn’t mention PS4 because although they cannot cluster either from the console, they can choose different hosting providers outside of Nitrado.

P.S. I host a cluster on my Xbox via Nitrado. I have every right to comment here.

On 5/20/2018 at 9:51 PM, DJRone89 said:

They have answered; only rented Nitrado servers on Xbox can be clustered.

I mentioned Steam because Window 10 hosted servers aren’t technically PC dedicated in the same aspect. I didn’t mention PS4 because although they cannot cluster either from the console, they can choose different hosting providers outside of Nitrado.

P.S. I host a cluster on my Xbox via Nitrado. I have every right to comment here.

Never said you don't have the right to post here. You have all the right to post here. It just seems you don't have an answer to post here.

Saying that you can do it and then saying "but not the way you are asking" is like, why? We know you can cluster in Nitrado Servers. We were asking if WC would provide a way to cluster Console Dedicated Servers.

Also, how can you cluster a server on Xbox Console "via" Nitrado? You meant that you download the Nitrado App on your Xbox and used it to setup a Nitrado Server? 
If so, then again you are just talking about Nitrado Servers, not about console dedicated servers.
Otherwise, if you can run a dedicated server in your console and somehow cluster it with other servers (Nitrado servers or dedicated console servers), then that's exactly (or at least very close) to what we want to know "how". If so, can you tell us how to cluster our console dedicated server?

Edited just now by DaniCardelli

Guest DJRone89
1 hour ago, DaniCardelli said:

Never said you don't have the right to post here. You have all the right to post here. It just seems you don't have an answer to post here.

Saying that you can do it and then saying "but not the way you are asking" is like, why? We know you can cluster in Nitrado Servers. We were asking if WC would provide a way to cluster Console Dedicated Servers.

Also, how can you cluster a server on Xbox Console "via" Nitrado? You meant that you download the Nitrado App on your Xbox and used it to setup a Nitrado Server? 
If so, then again you are just talking about Nitrado Servers, not about console dedicated servers.
Otherwise, if you can run a dedicated server in your console and somehow cluster it with other servers (Nitrado servers or dedicated console servers), then that's exactly (or at least very close) to what we want to know "how". If so, can you tell us how to cluster our console dedicated server?

Edited just now by DaniCardelli

Let me make this easy for you. You will never be able to cluster console servers because it’s only possible on PC dedicated (rented), due to how the servers are set up.

Stop asking because it’s not possible. The sooner you come to that realisation, the better.

16 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Let me make this easy for you. You will never be able to cluster console servers because it’s only possible on PC dedicated (rented), due to how the servers are set up.

Stop asking because it’s not possible. The sooner you come to that realisation, the better.

I know we can't at the moment and this is exactly what I said in my last post (yay! I did come to that realization already).
But I wonder if WC would make it work.
They took of features from single players and dedicated. You can't transfer your character, you have the tethering that you cannot increase anymore, etc.
It's visible that WC is pushing Nitrado. But this lets us, players, with fewer options to play with friends.
Anyways. At least your last post was a solid answer on your part. Thanks for that.

Guest DJRone89
8 hours ago, DaniCardelli said:

I know we can't at the moment and this is exactly what I said in my last post (yay! I did come to that realization already).
But I wonder if WC would make it work.
They took of features from single players and dedicated. You can't transfer your character, you have the tethering that you cannot increase anymore, etc.
It's visible that WC is pushing Nitrado. But this lets us, players, with fewer options to play with friends.
Anyways. At least your last post was a solid answer on your part. Thanks for that.

Renting is cheap and much better than console hosting anyway.

I have two 10 slot servers that cost me £22 pm. My friends donate run time to each server so I pay less than half of that a month.

A group of friends can easily pay for their own cluster.

Archived