Bee Taming.. Tips?

CDrew

I've found it's much easier and less dangerous on Ragnarok. There are hives all over the map anywhere with big permanent rocks. The ground level/mesh is usually kinda screwed up and she doesn't fly as high. My full checklist of stuff:

Clear the area of all dinos and bushes that you can.

Wear ghillie and use bug spray.

I go prone to avoid all the drones she spits out, they can't hit you and eventually die.

Follow her around while prone. She slows down every time she makes more drones.

I've tried building a taming pen around a hive, but the queen aggros much easier and the taming option disappears. The usual fixes don't help (leaving render distance, etc) until she is free from the pen.

4 hours ago, DrSmithDVM said:

I've found it's much easier and less dangerous on Ragnarok. There are hives all over the map anywhere with big permanent rocks. The ground level/mesh is usually kinda screwed up and she doesn't fly as high. My full checklist of stuff:

Clear the area of all dinos and bushes that you can.

Wear ghillie and use bug spray.

Add some cactus broth to be super sure nothing aggros! ;) 

11 hours ago, CDrew said:

Does anyone have any tips on taming a bee? I've knocked down 4 different hives with my Argy but when the queen comes out it constantly seems to be flying to high to feed it flowers.. Chasing it through the redwoods doesn't seem like the best option to me.. Any help would be greatly appreciated..

Use a grappling hook to pull yourself to her.

Just make sure to use ghillee/bug spray, cactus broth makes it slightly easier. 

Basically, destroy the hive from range, bug spray up, grapple just below the queen and reel in whilst spamming E. Once fed, drop yourself to the floor and back off asap so you dont get killed by drones.

Like seriously, i have never seen how anybody can struggle taming a bee. I got 5 hives the day they were released. its literally one of the easiest tames in game

I did it by:

Tame, like, 3-4 dimorphidons lvl 25-30+, or more if you want. Apply bug repellant. Whistle dimorphs to attack hive, stand back a little. Approach and Feed mama bee flowers/kibble when she descends. Boom, got your bee. 

Didn’t use ghille suits. Also, if you can raid a hive for honey prior to taming you can toss honey on the ground to attract the queen.

If there is only 1 thing im good at, its taming bees.

I started using pteranodon early game and barrackroll it until queen fly out, then argy whistle attack it, finally wyvern and ill explain each method.

1. pter 

point at hive and press C, go around, wait for cooldown and repeat, you will kill thousands of soldier bees, but be aware the giant queen might get out of there before beehive is destoryed. Its huge and hard to miss.

2. Argy

the most common method before wyver. Use scope, watch beehive health and whistle attack until the last one, then whistle passive and make the argy land.

3. Wyvern

3 bites and it dies, and you are never gonna dismount because soldier bees can't even touch you, wyvern is huge.

Tame:

try to do it on x2 with kibble.  Feed it once and 2nd time is vastly different. You have to use bug repellent, but ghili is not necessary. 

Wait for it to come down to the ground. Run and it and spam E with kibble on your 0 hotkey. Wyvern is superior method not only for killing the hive, but you can stand on its back and tame the queen before it has time to poop out soldiers.

****** DO NOT TAME AT NIGHT OR TROODON EAT YOUR ASS AND EVERYTHING IS LOST*******

Have fun

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 7:16 PM, CDrew said:

Does anyone have any tips on taming a bee? I've knocked down 4 different hives with my Argy but when the queen comes out it constantly seems to be flying to high to feed it flowers.. Chasing it through the redwoods doesn't seem like the best option to me.. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Get the hive to where it's 1 shot away from breaking.  You can break them with pretty much any ranged weapon.  To get them to almost breaking, I use any of the following methods, depending on what's readily available to me at the time:

1.  Flame arrows

2.  Longneck

3. Ptera spins (fly at it, spin and fly away in a big loop to avoid the bees)

4.  Griffin dive bomb (careful, usually breaks a hive in 2 or 3 swoops.

Trick is, if you're using ranged weapons, be like 20-30 foundations away.  The bees it spawns won't come for you then.

When hive is about to break, build a thatch structure around the hive.  couple pillars up (if it's off the ground) and then ceilings, walls etc to surround the hive as best you can.  Thatch door where you can still see the hive.  Then, pop the hive from a safe distance so bees don't come for you.  Queen bee will just sit in the thatch box desperately begging you to be tamed.  Then use your guile, bug repellent etc. to climb up and feed it.  If its bees agro to you after you feed, run out, kill them, wait the minute and go in and feed.  Unlike most passive tames, you can still feed it if it's aggro'd.  It's pretty easy.

Hello,

I used my trusted Rex. Once the Queen is out I run, spamming the feed key, once she got one, then run back to my Rex. Biggest problem is that the queen seam to want to travel far so always know where she goes. For me it takes very long time during 1X. During Evolution events it is super easy. If you have problem use some kind of trap (below hive). I guess a hatch frame however I am just thinking never actually done that.

It is great fun Dont forget to make bee sounds as she then knows something special is going on. Maybee even rare.

Bee careful. Bug spray is not needed as you want to bee blending in. bee beep

Regards,

Ariana

3 hours ago, Brayn said:

When hive is about to break, build a thatch structure around the hive.  couple pillars up (if it's off the ground) and then ceilings, walls etc to surround the hive as best you can.  Thatch door where you can still see the hive.  Then, pop the hive from a safe distance so bees don't come for you.  Queen bee will just sit in the thatch box desperately begging you to be tamed.  Then use your guile, bug repellent etc. to climb up and feed it.  If its bees agro to you after you feed, run out, kill them, wait the minute and go in and feed.  Unlike most passive tames, you can still feed it if it's aggro'd.  It's pretty easy.

every hive I've found has a no build space around it giving the error "no floor to attach to"  (even playing single player with clip building turned on).  

23 hours ago, electricblooz said:

every hive I've found has a no build space around it giving the error "no floor to attach to"  (even playing single player with clip building turned on).  

Works for me... server can't be set to PvE or ORP.  I build a pillar a small distance in front of the hive or a foundation.  Official xbox pvp

I personally did it the old fashioned way, piking the bee army and feeding her flowers. But if I were to do it all over again, I would just drop a tent on her head and carry a dimorph on my shoulder on neutral.  That way the dimorph is only aggrod when hes attack, and I think the queen bee only runs so shouldn't have to worry about her dieing).  And then you can just spam flowers and wont have to chase. Good luck.

Archived