pvp PVP Base Survival as a Function of Number of Turrets

bigc345

Study Question: What is the general mathematical relationship between a tribes # of auto turrets and survival time before they are successfully raided on Xbox One PVP official servers?

Hypothesis: There is a certain threshold of # of auto turrets that will greatly prolong survival time. Under the threshold, base survival time will be highly random. Over the threshold, base survival will be modeled by the power equation, Y=Ta+b, where Y is survival in days, T is number of turrets, and a/b are constants. Expecting that 1.5>a>1 and b is about 5 days. 

Methods: Data will be collected from player posts and a curve of best fit will be constructed to model the relationship if one exists. Will assess data and construct a line of best fit at N=25, N=50, and N=100. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions: Post for every PVP official base you have ever had, how many auto turrets you had, and how long it was before that base was raided. It is ok to estimate. Do not include plant species X or Y into the list. Consider your base raided if the following conditions are met. Either (1) Your base was breached and a majority of your valuable items were taken or despawned, (2) Someone breached your base but spared your items on purpose though they could have taken or despawned your items. Do not consider a base raided because your tames were killed if the base was not breached. In other cases, use your best judgement. 

Example: Base 1: 5 turrets, 7 days. Base 2: 5 turrets, 5 days. Base 3: 8 turrets, 8 days. Base 4: 1 turret, 2 days. Base 5: 8 turrets, 4 days. (Yes, this is my actual data, and yes, it has been rough!) 

my first base i ever had never even got turrets before it was raided... My very first tribe i ever started had more turrets than i could count before it was raided (it took the alpha two days to push past everything)... Who is hitting you and are you building out in the open .. .are you mixing plants in? are you making sure it is not easy just to run up and place C4... Is this official?

Had a base on blue ob on a official center map (733),may of seen or heard about it.

Had around 1400 turrets mostly full amd at a guess 1600 plant x.3

Had a few attempted raids on it all failed,think the first one took about 4 to 5 months to arrive.

Then new servers come out,it got neglected and it got raided when all the turrets went down due to no gas.

We had 7 large,well fortified base,that to be honest never got raided,apart from blue ob.

We had a good alliance on the server and let people from server 5 and 420 build there,all previous alphas so we become a strong server (we were day 1 alphas on 733,still there,albeit one base)

So id say its nothing really to do with turret count etc,just whether or not your liked or disliked that determines if your raided,having people or allies online 24/7 id say is the most important factor.

You can defend even a big offensive with a handful of members.

1 hour ago, oScottieHo said:

Had a base on blue ob on a official center map (733),may of seen or heard about it.

Had around 1400 turrets mostly full amd at a guess 1600 plant x.3

Had a few attempted raids on it all failed,think the first one took about 4 to 5 months to arrive.

Then new servers come out,it got neglected and it got raided when all the turrets went down due to no gas.

We had 7 large,well fortified base,that to be honest never got raided,apart from blue ob.

We had a good alliance on the server and let people from server 5 and 420 build there,all previous alphas so we become a strong server (we were day 1 alphas on 733,still there,albeit one base)

So id say its nothing really to do with turret count etc,just whether or not your liked or disliked that determines if your raided,having people or allies online 24/7 id say is the most important factor.

You can defend even a big offensive with a handful of members.

that is what i said from the get go ... not how many turrets but... how many people you have online... most raiders look for the next target that is going to give less resistance.

Hey guys, 

Thanks for the responses so far. I would like to remind everyone that I am not looking for tips to deter raiders, but that I am looking for your data. Please post # of auto turrets only and # of days survived. Do not include your current # of turrets if you have not been raided yet. Also, very good point someone brought up-data for official servers only. Need more data. Thanks!

Do you want total turret count on the whole server for the tribe or per base average? Or including allies? And from what reference point in time (Before or After transfers?).

At the dawn of Ark on Xbox made it about 7 months with ~30 turrets ~100 plants. Wasn't raided, just upgraded to ~100 turrets ~200 plants which lasted about another 5 months before being upped again to ~250 turrets ~500 plants. By the end of legacy we had 3 primary bases on server with ~300 turrets each give or take. Was never actually raided in my entire career on Official Legacy from start to finish. Though that was much more due to my ability to handle/manipulate politics among other things.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The maths is flawed... you won‘t be able to answer your question correctly as your not including other necessary factors into your equation... nice idea tho, but I recon possibily difficult if not impossible to accurately measure and plot, not to mention random factors not yet considered... Things like d/c‘s, cheating, insiding etc.... i‘d say rethink it again. I‘d gladly assist you in your hypothesis...

• 2 months later...
Spoiler

I've been on a server for a year, and ppl have tried to raid me, but they can't seem to find me. I play solo and have 0 turrets. You have to employ other factors such as the accessibility to the base, for example I like building in the snow or desert cause its the worse place to have a base, ppl don't wanna go there. It makes it easier to hide. You also got to factor in alliances, aggressiveness of the alpha tribe, etc...

• 2 weeks later...

There are too many variables for you to collect enough accurate data. Everything comes into account. Your going to come up with a graph but its gonna be irrelevant and useless for determining if your gonna be safe for a certain amount of time just because of how many turrets you have. Its all about location, politics and members online. Turrets only delay the inevitable, if someone wants to get into your base they will find some way to do it.

Archived