How difficult is hard broodmother

RabidWarpig

3 hours ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Well, 4 riders and 13 rexes (23-30k hp 570-640 melee) plus a yuty got our 23k hp rex killed. So I would suggest pumping hp to 30k then melee over 600, as well as minimum 6 riders for a no death victory.

(speaking as someone who farms the boss but tried to push our limits too far with reducing the amount of people)

Copied my post from another similar to this.....

Rexes are old school, new Meta for Brood are Megatheriums!!!

We have done Alpha Broodmother on the Island PVE Offical New release server on XBOX.

We used 19 Megatheriums and one Yuti.

The base health for Megas is 6660 HP at birth, they all had 100 Imprints. Melee is a base of 320-330, forget exact.

We level them up to 20k Health, rest goes into Melee. Anything more than 20k Health is a waste, math thing with heal value of vegi-cakes VS. 85% of health before Vegi-cake is eaten.

We only gave them 5 vegi-cakes each, we were short and 2 only got 4 cakes. We won with only 2 losses in the battle, guess which two died?

We had 4 riders, one on Yuti and other three on imprinted rides. Pretty straightforward battle, engage and keep chomping. some difficulty in getting your Mega to gain the bug buff at times, just use the AOE attack, that helps.

Next time, if we ever do her again, it will be 10 Vegi-cakes per ride.

We did this about a month ago now.

If you plan on doing this, do it NOW!!!!

Now that new turrets are out for PC, Vegi-Cake NERF is incoming soon. You might have 2 weeks on PC. WOuld not be surprised if they are nerfed on Aberration release date, Dec 12th.

Just now, Palenor said:

Copied my post from another similar to this.....

Rexes are old school, new Meta for Brood are Megatheriums!!!

We have done Alpha Broodmother on the Island PVE Offical New release server on XBOX.

We used 19 Megatheriums and one Yuti.

The base health for Megas is 6660 HP at birth, they all had 100 Imprints. Melee is a base of 320-330, forget exact.

We level them up to 20k Health, rest goes into Melee. Anything more than 20k Health is a waste, math thing with heal value of vegi-cakes VS. 85% of health before Vegi-cake is eaten.

We only gave them 5 vegi-cakes each, we were short and 2 only got 4 cakes. We won with only 2 losses in the battle, guess which two died?

We had 4 riders, one on Yuti and other three on imprinted rides. Pretty straightforward battle, engage and keep chomping. some difficulty in getting your Mega to gain the bug buff at times, just use the AOE attack, that helps.

Next time, if we ever do her again, it will be 10 Vegi-cakes per ride.

We did this about a month ago now.

If you plan on doing this, do it NOW!!!!

Now that new turrets are out for PC, Vegi-Cake NERF is incoming soon. You might have 2 weeks on PC. WOuld not be surprised if they are nerfed on Aberration release date, Dec 12th.

With 15 rexes there are no losses and no need to make cakes or worry about bug buff. Plus those are our first gen boss rexes, much better stats are out there now.

1 minute ago, Wazzamaniac said:

With 15 rexes there are no losses and no need to make cakes or worry about bug buff. Plus those are our first gen boss rexes, much better stats are out there now.

Fair enough, but we have 3 crews for boss fights.

Broodmother - Megatheriums

Megapithecus- Rexes

Dragon - Therizinosaurus

This way we can rotate through 2 or 3 of one boss back to back then swap to another crew for a different boss, while the previous crew is healing up.

That is farming..... :)

1 minute ago, Palenor said:

Fair enough, but we have 3 crews for boss fights.

Broodmother - Megatheriums

Megapithecus- Rexes

Dragon - Therizinosaurus

This way we can rotate through 2 or 3 of one boss back to back then swap to another crew for a different boss, while the previous crew is healing up.

That is farming..... :)

Sure hahah, but on an official pve you wanna compact your dino count because tame cap :/

4 minutes ago, Olivar said:

Please prove it's wrong ;)
Until then, please stop spreading false information about people and servers in the community, thank you.
You're not more right/wrong than any of us until you've proven otherwise.

lol...i dont have to prove your sandbox settings are not exact i can simply prove that you are lying if you claim to have exact settings. How could u have exact settings??? You dont know what they are.

Back on topic. The tek generator(dont want him confused with this reactor name that was made up) will run about a day per element on min setting which will facilitate 8 + feeding troughs and if placed correctly you can put a teleporter above it and cover all that on min setting. He have two locations setup with that and makes you flat out spoiled being able to hop back and forth full gear and inv, and full dinos and dino inventor. no cool down and no additional cost other than the generator for power.

5 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Sure hahah, but on an official pve you wanna compact your dino count because tame cap :/

add a decent pig and you can do it with a set of rexes. Im sorry but 10 veggie cakes each per mega, per fight........RIP better have a metric crap ton of honey, veggies, sap..... Meanwhile you could just do a couple meat runs and while in the next boss fight pig will eat all the meat and be rdy again. lol 190 veggicakes per run.....whew better bring the quetz to carry em. AND you still need a bunch of meat for the yuty who will starve pretty fast and pass out in a boss fight if you dont.

9 minutes ago, bigfishrob said:

add a decent pig and you can do it with a set of rexes. Im sorry but 10 veggie cakes each per mega, per fight........RIP better have a metric crap ton of honey, veggies, sap..... Meanwhile you could just do a couple meat runs and while in the next boss fight pig will eat all the meat and be rdy again. lol 190 veggicakes per run.....whew better bring the quetz to carry em. AND you still need a bunch of meat for the yuty who will starve pretty fast and pass out in a boss fight if you dont.

Like i said, you dont even need a full 20 or a pig ;) just yuty and 15 rexes

11 hours ago, Meshi said:

There is no difference between official and unofficial bosses (difficulty 5, offset 1). Difference between easy and  hard blood mother is dmg and hp. 324k hp -> 972k and base dmg 180 -> 540. So hard one is roughly 3 times harder than easy.

If health is 3x as much, it will take 3x as long to kill, so the fight will last 3x longer. If melee is 3x as much it will do 3x as much damage over the same amount of time, so 9x as much damage if the fight lasts 3x longer.  So basically it is 9x harder, not 3x harder.

----

Re: OP: We fought hard brood with 19 rexes all having about 600%+ melee, and 1 yuty.  The rexes had 90 armour saddles approx, and lost 25k HP approx before the boss died.  Just keep the yuty out of the 'firing line' of the front of the spider and you should be fine.

12 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

I think it is on same loot table as well as rex saddle

Yuty saddle bp is in deepsea creates for sure. I have gotten about 6-7 bps and 4-5 crafted saddles. 

0 rex saddles or bps from deepsea crates.

Pretty sure rex saddles are only in beacons (Insanely rare), and in cave drops(also very rare).

I am unsure which items "Cross" loot tables, as some are available in fishing table which are also in deepsea and beacons and caves.

But I do know I have never fished up a rex saddle bp or gotten one from deepsea.

Only one ramshackle bp from a red beacon, and a single apprentice saddle from a cave drop.

Rex saddle bps are the single rarest item in the game as far as i am concerned.

Even squid saddles cross cave and deepsea loot crates as many people have gotten them in the water caves on the Island.

As for yuty saddles in caves, maybe.

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, ducttapefixeseverything said:

Pretty sure rex saddles are only in beacons (Insanely rare), and in cave drops(also very rare).

I'm not sure about other maps, but on TheIsland, you can only find Rex Saddle/Blueprint into Red Beacon (low quality roll), Swamp Cave (a bit better quality roll), or underwater caves (best quality roll).

2 hours ago, Meshi said:

+1 this is true. We found ours in red drop with ring.

Seems accurate, I've pulled Ram BP and App made out of red beacons with rings on Rag. I am always looking to trade for one. On legacy, before timers, I jumped servers with 15k ings to get our ASC 86 armor BP. Worth every ing. 

19 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

Was really hoping to use theris over rexes just not a fan of the clunkiness of rexes

On the island I know theri saddles were in sea cave drops as well. Not sure how else the loot table is distributed as I've looked at ark wiki and then been told ark wiki is out of date. I again traded for our MC BP on legacy (breeding pair of Anglers) and i believe it would have been worth it if we hadn't decided to move to the new servers. 

Seriously trading is a great option to get BP's. That's how I get most of mine because the chances you get what you are looking for from a drop is miniscule to you being able to negotiate a trade for one that someone already has. 

4 hours ago, RabidWarpig said:

Was really hoping to use theris over rexes just not a fan of the clunkiness of rexes

Totally doable!
We even did Alpha Ascension with our tickle chickens.
But yeah the saddles are the question.

We did a test though, all gamma bosses can be done for sure with Journeyman saddles.
When I have some free time I can run a few tests to see how high you need to go with saddles to have reasonable damage.
Although I'm pretty confident that with some veggie cakes and decently bread Tehhirzino's, you can probably pull off the kill with minimal losses, even if you don't have the best saddles.

In legacy we took a group of 20 rex, averaged around level 240 hatched, and had apprentice saddles on them.

Took 3 min for it to be a total wipe and we lost everything, I think the stats of broad have been changed some since then, but this should give you a idea on the need for better saddles.

(possible suggestion, you can use megatheriums, they get a bonus vs spiders)
https://ark.gamepedia.com/Megatherium

1 hour ago, Olivar said:

Totally doable!
We even did Alpha Ascension with our tickle chickens.
But yeah the saddles are the question.

We did a test though, all gamma bosses can be done for sure with Journeyman saddles.
When I have some free time I can run a few tests to see how high you need to go with saddles to have reasonable damage.
Although I'm pretty confident that with some veggie cakes and decently bread Tehhirzino's, you can probably pull off the kill with minimal losses, even if you don't have the best saddles.

Would appreciate that. And guys im on my own dedicated so only trade available is the one i create for myself and the guys lol not using admin commands seeing as how that takes the accomplishment out of it

I farm alpha brood solo on official. 19 rex and I ride a yuty. Rexs have 50k hp and min of 800 melee. 92 armor saddle bp that with my crafter, reaches around 110 armor. I pre buff the rexs while the countdown rolls, once im in I hop on the yuty again and whistle the squad to atttack (and maybe do a couple "go here" whistles to get the rexs nice and evenly surrounding brood). After that, just keep the yuty buff up and let the rexs nibble brood to death. Occasionally I lose a rex or two, but the vast majority of my runs are 100% lossless.

You dont NEED more people if you have the right rex stats and saddle bp, although it does help if their rex is imprinted to them, as well as a faster attack speed while ridden. You could opt to have someone on a pig doing some healing, but imo it is not really necessary and the pigs food will drain out very quickly.

The same strat with theriz would also work, and you could spend more levels on melee since veggie cakes will make up for some of the difference. I dont prefer theriz for brood fights because id rather not make a crap ton of cakes for one boss fight when rexs will power through just fine anyway (obviously this will depend on what stats and saddles you have, in any case)

I have not tried megatheriums and honestly im a bit skeptical of that strat.... if you are on official pve like me, good rex stats are generally much more common anyway.

Good luck, and you should definately try some practice runs on a test server if at all possible.

-edit-

High armor saddles are absolutely vital, I cannot stress that enough. Usually a few of my rexs get pretty low on hp by the end, down to a few thousand hp left, while others are around half hp. It is really unpredictable what rexs brood will attack which is why sometimes one or two will die, but the actual fight only lasts about 2-3 minutes for me.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived