How difficult is hard broodmother

RabidWarpig

15 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

Me and a group of friends were wanting to do bosses since we have never done them and while we could probably pull off easy I kinda just want to go straight for hard. Question is how much difference from official bosses to unofficial dedicated without any changes to wild stats

There is no difference between official and unofficial bosses (difficulty 5, offset 1). Difference between easy and  hard blood mother is dmg and hp. 324k hp -> 972k and base dmg 180 -> 540. So hard one is roughly 3 times harder than easy.

Well, 4 riders and 13 rexes (23-30k hp 570-640 melee) plus a yuty got our 23k hp rex killed. So I would suggest pumping hp to 30k then melee over 600, as well as minimum 6 riders for a no death victory.

(speaking as someone who farms the boss but tried to push our limits too far with reducing the amount of people)

3 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

O.. ouch.. i was going to try theris with base hp 7k and bout 350 melee lol guess its back to the wilds to find higher

if they are leveled to 21k hp and about 500% melee - they just might do it with daedon and Yuty support. Just dont forget to fill them with cakes and have good saddles.

I have done hard brood with 7 people mounted on rexes with 25k+ hp and roughly 4-560 melee.  The mounted rexes had anywhere from 76-83 armor saddles and the non-mounted had 80-90 armor.  We also threw in 2 mounted megatheriums with 80 armor saddles these megatheriums had around 20-25k hp and 400+ melee.  Their purpose was solely to kill the small spiders, which can end up killing your mounts faster than the actual boss.  Our final mount was a yuti with about 23k hp 3k stam and 360 melee and a 80 armor saddle.  We lost a ton of health, but sustained no losses.

10 minutes ago, DarthaNyan said:

if they are leveled to 21k hp and about 500% melee - they just might do it with daedon and Yuty support. Just dont forget to fill them with cakes and have good saddles.

Ive got a good yuty but no piggies yet and also where can i get theri saddle bp? Have checked countless drops even deep sea loots and have yet to even come across one

25 minutes ago, Meshi said:

There is no difference between official and unofficial bosses (difficulty 5, offset 1). Difference between easy and  hard blood mother is dmg and hp. 324k hp -> 972k and base dmg 180 -> 540. So hard one is roughly 3 times harder than easy.

There is no proof of this being true since there is zero official source as to what rhe game settings are for official. This is something dedi and sp guys say to give weight to their sandbox spawn mode accomplishments. 

That being said. Hard brood. About 25k hp and 650-750 melee. 19 rex and a yut. At least 75-85 on saddles. Reccommend min 4 riders and should be ez pz

When we did Alpha Brood we went in with 86+ armor saddles, 18 Rex's 30k-40k hp, 700+ dmg on most. 1 yuty with a 89 armor saddle, 25k hp, 3k stam, and a daedon with 70k food, 5k hp, 82 armor saddle. The Yuty died due to the rider dying before he could mount her (he was allied so we couldn't use/move the yuty). Outside of that loss we didn't lose anything. I rode a Rex that was 95% imprinted to me, 35k hp, 800% melee with a 109 armor saddle. It was at 2k hp when we got her down. That was with a Daedon running around healing us. She hits hard. 

I did kind of pull tank duty there and probably took majority of her hits. 

Edit: this was on legacy but after they fixed or nerf the boss. Probably about 2 or 3 weeks before official release. Our Rex's were 14.3k to 14.7k hp with 437 to 449 dmg hatches. 

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, RabidWarpig said:

My phone has a mind of its own and likes to put what it thinks i want to say. Also should note i host the dedicated from my other box so in order to transfer i would have to make sure everyone is on board with doing so :/

true...was just throwing it out there as a possibility :) 

3 hours ago, bigfishrob said:

There is no proof of this being true since there is zero official source as to what rhe game settings are for official. This is something dedi and sp guys say to give weight to their sandbox spawn mode accomplishments. 

That being said. Hard brood. About 25k hp and 650-750 melee. 19 rex and a yut. At least 75-85 on saddles. Reccommend min 4 riders and should be ez pz

Please prove it's wrong ;)
Until then, please stop spreading false information about people and servers in the community, thank you.
You're not more right/wrong than any of us until you've proven otherwise.

3 hours ago, Lurtz said:

Even still, is it really that much better on official? Considering the fact you almost have to maintain a 6+ man tribe. 

We usually do the boss runs with 3 people, but the amount of element you're consuming really depends on your playstyle.
If you're going to blow it on keeping your tek-gear fully charged you'll be without element rather fast. Crafting some of the tek-saddles is a good investment, we actually crafted the Tapejara one cause it helps us with taming some dino's, but we're not flying around nilly-willy either shooting every little thing that moves with it.

The Tek-helmet is something definitely worth going for and maintaining.
It makes certain places so much easier because you're seeing so much stuff.
it was a valuable tool for us during alpha ascension, and saved my ass a few times in redwood as well cause I have a very hard time seeing the Thyla's without it.
With the red aura the helmet puts on stuff, it's worth the investment for us.

And then there's the Tek reactor. Depending on your base's size and building's you're using. We can have it run for roughly a month and a half with the element from both the alpha broodmother and monkey kill, but that's on minimum range only for us.
Anything higher and we'd have to kill them more often then once a month.
Granted we're not using the element for much else at the moment though.

Archived