The End of the Age of Mega AlphaS, Rise of the Trolls....

CrackerJackx13

With the Turret patch imminent, and the lack of defense for those defending massive bases with lots of loot, is this  the End of the age of  Mega Alphas, and the Rise of the smaller tribes, the rise of  Trolls....?? The more you have, the more you have to lose...

Comes down to a simple a question, Will Defense of defending tribes be able to match the offense of attacking tribes?

10 minutes ago, Murkenator said:

The game is about to change. I honestly believe the mega's will only become stronger because of this. Just has to be a different strategy at base building.

this ... you will be spread thinner around more of the map ... but not weaker... bases will adapt to the new changes... The game is about trust and as more and more people that can be trusted gather together they become more and more powerful... it does not matter if they work out of the same base .. it only matters if they come running when they get the call

28 minutes ago, CrackerJackx13 said:

With the Turret patch imminent, and the lack of defense for those defending massive bases with lots of loot, is this  the End of the age of  Mega Alphas, and the Rise of the smaller tribes, the rise of  Trolls....?? The more you have, the more you have to lose...

Comes down to a simple a question, Will Defense of defending tribes be able to match the offense of attacking tribes?

all those griefing trolls are second character for members of those alpha tribes

4 minutes ago, ooStuStu said:

this ... you will be spread thinner around more of the map ... but not weaker... bases will adapt to the new changes... The game is about trust and as more and more people that can be trusted gather together they become more and more powerful... it does not matter if they work out of the same base .. it only matters if they come running when they get the call

Yup. It's called adapting. Mega's usually have a lot of people which means there is always someone online. Small and medium seize tribes on the other hand dont.
Turrets will be just a time staller tbh.   
Also all the turrets that they have now will be spread out around an area which means sure it might be easier to get to the real base by surrpassing a lot of towers. But theres also 1 way back out :)

This is a good change.. it will boost smaller tribes a little more, but doesnt make alpha tribe less powerful, we already mapped out our base and relocated turret towers and placement. 

We have about 20% more turrets now, we can not concentrated at entry points and surroundings. nor can anyone else.. so its not a limitation that hit only us

I'm 99.9% sure tribes will adapt, new ways to defend will come from this. on PvP maps I've seen players start moving to caves, so they only have one to two entry points to defend. giving you smaller areas to concentrate turret placement. 

what it affects the most is the island map, because there is only one or two spots that can be defended like this now. Spirals etc have to be relocated.

On other maps, theres a lot of strategic spot where you have kilometers to walk to get to the base, sometime as the only path to get there, sometime with two paths, which will work great with this new change.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2017 at 6:38 AM, ilidrael said:

what it affects the most is the island map, because there is only one or two spots that can be defended like this now. Spirals etc have to be relocated.

On other maps, theres a lot of strategic spot where you have kilometers to walk to get to the base, sometime as the only path to get there, sometime with two paths, which will work great with this new change.

yes, and no, undermapping is still a issue that can be done on any map.

4 hours ago, CrackerJackx13 said:

yes, and no, undermapping is still a issue that can be done on any map.

One thing that amazes me is that there was literally a video over the weekend on YouTube of a dino storage underneath the map. And then some guys going under the map to wipe them. No one is even scared of showing what they're doing because in this regard, nothing will happen. I thought the game rules made this a ban offense... Also this is probably why all the megas are moving to The Center map because its well known that there are many many ways to get underneath the map. I think the video was titled 'the biggest meatrun on ps4' or something like that.

On 12/13/2017 at 6:09 PM, Melcreif said:

Also don't forget all normal turrets will be replaced with the new heavy turrets which are 4x more powerful...

wont make a difference with all the dinos you can throw at it. the more you have, the more you have to lose. small bases from here on. the game mite as well still be in early access.

On 12/13/2017 at 4:57 AM, Dylan1602 said:

One thing that amazes me is that there was literally a video over the weekend on YouTube of a dino storage underneath the map. And then some guys going under the map to wipe them. No one is even scared of showing what they're doing because in this regard, nothing will happen. I thought the game rules made this a ban offense... Also this is probably why all the megas are moving to The Center map because its well known that there are many many ways to get underneath the map. I think the video was titled 'the biggest meatrun on ps4' or something like that.

you can undermap on any map including the new dlc map there are over 10+ ways to do so, no one is going to share the info, you think the developers would have fixed this by now, but we are talking about wildcard so.

Archived