What to do with masses of thatch?

Boldar

After using the grinder to level a bit, i am left with about 500k Thatch. Is there anything i can do with that for xp without the need of many other materials?

I googled a bit, but noone else seems to have that problem. I grinded wood because it was far easier to get for me.

I just dont want to drop it, so i am open for creative ideas.

51 minutes ago, Boldar said:

After using the grinder to level a bit, i am left with about 500k Thatch. Is there anything i can do with that for xp without the need of many other materials?

I googled a bit, but noone else seems to have that problem. I grinded wood because it was far easier to get for me.

It is used for so many items ...but for the cheapest way to use it for the max amount of xp would be parachutes ... you will need fiber and hide.. however thatch is the #1 ingredient 

40 thatch

20 fiber

10 hide

5.8xp per parachute

500k thatch will make 12,500 parachutes will gain you 72,500 xp but at 100% crafting speed 5 seconds per craft it would take you forever ... if you are lucky enough to have a parachute BP load everything up on a big tame and craft them on it while you do other stuff ..you still get the Xp the same

You will still need to farm to get that fiber and hide... however if you have a large dinos not doing much like a Brontos or Paracers store all your thatch on them and use it as needed since it is used for so much it will get used over time (large crop plots and Behemoth gates come to mind)

14 minutes ago, Woodsman said:

from the picture thatch looks like hay, which is what most of the non-meat eaters should be eating instead of berries.  see if u can force feed it to ur tames, especially horses, would be healthier for them instead of berries

This makes too much sense ... but ARK has never been about making sense lol ...

1 hour ago, invincibleqc said:

You could decorate your bases with torches. They looks so much better than lights!

Screenshot of my first base that got wiped by the redwood biome:

i would say that it was wiped becouse of torches :D

2 hours ago, Boldar said:

no use of thatch, people just throw it. there is reason that people grind stone, as you get flint and mix it with more stone to get spark

4 hours ago, invincibleqc said:

You could decorate your bases with torches. They looks so much better than lights!

947C8799D3B9F68440F9C277AEAE3D268E0D0074

8A0F8033F14EB30DB7AFC56A3D945A96DDF6711E

Or while taming my first ptera and caging some beach bobs:

78394968D2096DA4E2930E0B6DD12A8AA6171868

Ahh good old times! :D

This is so beautiful, torches definitely do look better than lights. Just a pain to have to add another chore, in filling them with gel or thatch. 

We actually use thatch door frames as a breeding pen for our Rex's. 2 high. We can set them to wander and not even whistle stop all. Despite it being thatch they don't go anywhere. Thatch door frames are cheap so switching out Rex's as we get better breeders is no problem. If you are interested in a set up like that I'd just turn them all into door frames then you always have some on hand. 

It is used for so many items ...but for the cheapest way to use it for the max amount of xp would be parachutes ... you will need fiber and hide.. however thatch is the #1 ingredient 
40 thatch
20 fiber
10 hide
5.8xp per parachute
500k thatch will make 12,500 parachutes will gain you 72,500 xp but at 100% crafting speed 5 seconds per craft it would take you forever ... if you are lucky enough to have a parachute BP load everything up on a big tame and craft them on it while you do other stuff ..you still get the Xp the same
You will still need to farm to get that fiber and hide... however if you have a large dinos not doing much like a Brontos or Paracers store all your thatch on them and use it as needed since it is used for so much it will get used over time (large crop plots and Behemoth gates come to mind)
Facepalm.....you can put BP in dinos and craft within them....its funny how even after 3k hours you can still leanr new things about this game.....

Something else you can do with it. Split. Hole stack into singles and start dumping them in a small room one at a time...fill to desired level and now you have a ball pit to hide in and jump out at unsuspecting tribe mates!!!

You can also use it as bait in pvp. Drop one to somebody, when they run uo to grab it. WHACK!!!

947C8799D3B9F68440F9C277AEAE3D268E0D0074

8A0F8033F14EB30DB7AFC56A3D945A96DDF6711E
Or while taming my first ptera and caging some beach bobs:
78394968D2096DA4E2930E0B6DD12A8AA6171868
Ahh good old times! [emoji3]
Beautiful base man. Don't really see alot of people that "design" thier base. Good work.

31 minutes ago, J0hnnySw1f7 said:

Facepalm.....you can put BP in dinos and craft within them....its funny how even after 3k hours you can still leanr new things about this game.....

Something else you can do with it. Split. Hole stack into singles and start dumping them in a small room one at a time...fill to desired level and now you have a ball pit to hide in and jump out at unsuspecting tribe mates!!!

You can also use it as bait in pvp. Drop one to somebody, when they run uo to grab it. WHACK!!!

do you know how valuable a stone arrow BP is? or a Hide sleeping bag BP? I bet people that have thrown them on the ground have no clue what they have tossed ... any item that you craft on your person that has a BP can be crafted in any Tames inventory

4 hours ago, Demigods said:

easiest material ever to get = drop the trash

Sure it is one of the easiest material to gather... However it is the most commonly used material... throwing that amount on the ground when it is used for all stone/wood sturctures Stone behemoth gates, crop plots, stone arrows, parachutes and sleeping bags just to name a few very common items. dropping a few hundred here and there is no issue but he has 500k that is so much dropping that much would be silly as you would never have to go and gather any on its own for a long time... Hence my advise to store it on tames not being used

Use it to completely fill up the inventories of all your tribemates while they are logged off.  That way when they log back on they can't move and you can laugh at them while they try to figure out why. It's even funnier if you drag them to a different place than where they logged off first. Maybe near a wild Giga but just out of it's reach.

On 12/3/2017 at 11:32 PM, ooStuStu said:

Sure it is one of the easiest material to gather... However it is the most commonly used material... throwing that amount on the ground when it is used for all stone/wood sturctures Stone behemoth gates, crop plots, stone arrows, parachutes and sleeping bags just to name a few very common items. dropping a few hundred here and there is no issue but he has 500k that is so much dropping that much would be silly as you would never have to go and gather any on its own for a long time... Hence my advise to store it on tames not being used

k you go ahead and store all of it until you collect the insane amount of stone/wood needed to make all those walls that you don't even want because your base is already built.....

Archived