What are some awesome base locations.

Redbullsage51

Hello I'm currently playing on the EU-PVE server and In my opinion the two best locations are as called on my server carnivore and herbivore island!Herbivore islands  GPS location of 85 | 85 is presently my base location and is ideal for not only privacy but also the underwater resources and spawns surrounding the area. This one of many screenshots of my base that Ive pretty much made by myself over the course of the games early day release. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, rpicardi1 said:

The box canyon at the Lava Cave. The top of the cliff is spike fence to keep wild dinos from sliding down it.

PjuGIQG.jpg

You and I should collaborate...I would love if you changed your dino pen into the encircled "terraced" plant-x ring that goes around the top, and around the sides of the beach and along the water line.

In the center would be a tower/terrace of plant-x (smaller so not to take up a TON of space..mabye 5x5 wide? 7x7 with a 3x3 tower inside?

You can work on the terrace of plant-x before you ever dismantle your dino gates...

Are you on PvP?

• Volunteer Moderator
9 minutes ago, IDNeon said:

A giga dropping from that height would probably die.

Unless they changed the game suddenly, wilds do not take fall damage.  I have seen Gigas fall halfway down a mountain; a bit unnerving to have one hurl passed you.

Also, tamed dinos can be lead off of any height, and take no damage, so long as they are not ridden.

I have lead many dinos/animals off of the rock column I live on, to the paddock below, including babies, and never lost a one; it is a long way down.  However, if I were to jump even half that height, I would be lucky if my body did not end up below the ground; and I know from experieve because I made he mistake of dismounting a bird that was on the elevator while it was going up(long sorry, but it ended badly for me).

However, the point of that convo chain was about wild gigas getting into the hidden lake; it is a recipe for much sadness.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Unless the changed the game suddenly, wilds do not take fall damage.  I have seen Gigas fall halfway down a mountain; a bit unnerving to have one hurl passed you.

Also, tamed dinos can be lead off of any height, and take no damage, so long as they are not ridden.

I have lead many dinos/animals off of the rock column I live on, to the paddock below, including babies, and never lost a one; it is a long way down.  However, if I were to jump even half that height, I would be lucky if my body did not end up below the ground; and I know from experieve because I made he mistake of dismounting a bird that was on the elevator while it was going up(long sorry, but it ended badly for me).

However, the point of that convo chain was about wild gigas getting into the hidden lake; it is a recipe for much sadness.

oK that's a good point then.

But it's cheaper to build plant-x...6 will push back Gigas...9 will DEFINITELY push them back.  (Either way you're using no more than 900 stone/540 wood.  So cheaper than Behemos.)

A simple ring would suffice.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 minutes ago, IDNeon said:

oK that's a good point then.

But it's cheaper to build plant-x...6 will push back Gigas...9 will DEFINITELY push them back.

A simple ring would suffice.

Maybe, but Plant X require more maintenance.   

The point still is, if you build in hidden lake, you need to protect from animals dropping in; most specially, Gigas.  Whether that is fences, dino gates, b. gates, plant X, 1,000 auto turrets, or Kebbler Elfing Magic, you just need to do it.

1 minute ago, Jerryn said:

Maybe, but Plant X require more maintenance.   

The point still is, if you build in hidden lake, you need to protect from animals dropping in; most specially, Gigas.  Whether that is fences, dino gates, b. gates, plant X, 1,000 auto turrets, or Kebbler Elfing Magic, you just need to do it.

Yes but dual function too :) and if someone parks a doed along your stone base on passive, they can kite the giga to your doed, aggro it to the doed...then it'll just destroy the behemos anyway and be let in....  Theoretically.

• Volunteer Moderator
6 minutes ago, IDNeon said:

Yes but dual function too :) and if someone parks a doed along your stone base on passive, they can kite the giga to your doed, aggro it to the doed...then it'll just destroy the behemos anyway and be let in....  Theoretically.

Unless they are metal.  But seriosly, I simply was pointing out the context of the discussion and the fact that a wild giga(or wild anything else) can hop off the rim of hidden lake and survive.

If you want to argue further or prove some other point, you can do so without me; I even capitulate to your superior intellect in advance, just to save us all time. :D

Just now, Jerryn said:

Unless they are metal.  But seriosly, I simply was pointing out the context of the discussion and the fact that a wild giga(or wild anything else) can hop off the rim of hidden lake and survive.

If you want to argue further or prove some other point, you can do so without me; I even capitulate to your superior intellect in advance, just to save us all time. :D

It's not an argument we are just both pointing out advantages/disadvantages to both things :)

Ideally...Behemos with plant-x 6 per behemo. LOL!

1 hour ago, IDNeon said:

You and I should collaborate...I would love if you changed your dino pen into the encircled "terraced" plant-x ring that goes around the top, and around the sides of the beach and along the water line.

In the center would be a tower/terrace of plant-x (smaller so not to take up a TON of space..mabye 5x5 wide? 7x7 with a 3x3 tower inside?

You can work on the terrace of plant-x before you ever dismantle your dino gates...

Are you on PvP?

Single player. Otherwise, you would see stone or metal fortifications and plant X turrets all over.

• 6 months later...

Archived