Too many Alphas?

Glerian

Lately, as I have been playing, I have noticed what appears to be an increase in the number of alpha dinos that spawn. When I first started playing I might run into a group of two or three alphas in a very dense area. However, last night, as I was flying around I spotted 11 alphas all within sight of each other. That isn't an exaggeration, there were 3 alpha rex, 5 alpha raptor, and 4 alpha carno all running up and down the beach. Is this how it has always been and I just got really lucky up to this point? Or has there been an increase in alpha spawns or something?

Just curious on this one really, since the last two or three weeks is the first time I've noticed such large concentration of such creatures.

36 minutes ago, Glerian said:

Lately, as I have been playing, I have noticed what appears to be an increase in the number of alpha dinos that spawn. When I first started playing I might run into a group of two or three alphas in a very dense area. However, last night, as I was flying around I spotted 11 alphas all within sight of each other. That isn't an exaggeration, there were 3 alpha rex, 5 alpha raptor, and 4 alpha carno all running up and down the beach. Is this how it has always been and I just got really lucky up to this point? Or has there been an increase in alpha spawns or something?

Just curious on this one really, since the last two or three weeks is the first time I've noticed such large concentration of such creatures.

They increased Alpha Spawns shortly before I left legacy back in July/August time frame. They were great leveling tools for our dino's. This was the island map. Since I moved to Ragnarok I am seeing them more than when I first started legacy but not as much as after they increased the spawns but that could be due to Rag being a larger map too. I haven't noticed an increase since the last PS4 update either. 

They are problematic for new players and those starting over. They are commonplace and are a headache when clumped together as i've often seen them. I'd rather they be rare as hunting alphas isn't so much hunting as killing anymore. Dropping spawn rates back to normal would make gameplay better imo.

I would have assumed that one alpha would not tolerate the presence of another alpha, like how packs work. It's weird that you see different alphas from different species all huddled together. And yeah, there really isn't any hunting involved, it's point and click. There is no need to look for them, they are everywhere, usually in groups of 2-5.

Archived