Element farming

RaiderofthelostARK

I know aberration caves will have mineable element. But will those caves be similar to the ice cave? I know with risk comes reward but seriously? Just how bosses have poor difficult scaling the caves are no different....how hard is it to implement rare dinos that are infected and will drop 5 element when killed or tamed. Or other means to obtain element. I've done bosses on legacy and could have raised rexes for current servers but just feel its annoying to collect the artifacts,move the rexes and pray you don't dc during the fight. Tek is a cool thing but needs to be reworked. Anyone agree? 

What we know from videos element will be craftable on charge machines scaterred all around (not only in caves). But you can not transfer that element anywhere else.

Funny part is that without boss kills most of tek engrams will not be usable. Well I dont have experience with tek building structures (can you use doors and gates when you dont have tek unlocked?)

I dont think that tek need to be reworked. Element/ tek usage will become more common on abberation then other maps. And it will be interesting experiment to see.

2 minutes ago, Meshi said:

What we know from videos element will be craftable on charge machines scaterred all around (not only in caves). But you can not transfer that element anywhere else.

I dont think that tek need to be reworked. Element/ tek usage will become more common on abberation then other maps. And it will be interesting experiment to see.

i know elements needs a rework on center :l or at least megaphitecus nerf

20 minutes ago, silviuasu13 said:

You mean Tech Engrams drops at boss? Sounds more like WoW but yes, is a good idea. Thus, i don't think wc will implement this soon...

We are only guessing, normally you get tek engrams unlocked after defeating a boss from ascending.  Currently, you cant ascend from Ab but you cant farm Element. Why add farmable element that you cant take off the server without anything to spend it on?

On 11/30/2017 at 1:08 PM, Meshi said:

can you use doors and gates when you dont have tek unlocked?

Yes. You can also use tek troughs without the tekgram. Some things though you do need the tekgram unlocked in order to use. Things like generators, transmitters, teleporters....etc.

Being able to use tek or transfer element is another hurdle for folks. This is a new map with added bonus of being able to farm element. The real question is: Will aberration be the best place to farm element? Obviously for crafting tek items and structures which CAN be transferred off. Cause having to do the same boss fights over and over ...and over....and over...........and over.......to farm element is the worst ever.......the WORST.

ALSO I would like to point out that having to farm bosses for element has encouraged more dino hoarding than the kibble system! Any big tribe has HOARDS of rexes with fridges and fridges fulls of fertilized rex eggs to replace lost rexes and to continually keep trying to breed better rexes. This is true for Theri's (they are great for dragon boss) and megatheriums/sloths (awesome for broodmother). So if you make it so that boss fights are just for unlocking engrams and abberation is for farming the element then I think this will have a MUCH greater impact on dino cap issue than the inability to claim abandoned dinos did (that has an impact but small). 

9 hours ago, Midnight_ said:

Yes. You can also use tek troughs without the tekgram. Some things though you do need the tekgram unlocked in order to use. Things like generators, transmitters, teleporters....etc.

Being able to use tek or transfer element is another hurdle for folks. This is a new map with added bonus of being able to farm element. The real question is: Will aberration be the best place to farm element? Obviously for crafting tek items and structures which CAN be transferred off. Cause having to do the same boss fights over and over ...and over....and over...........and over.......to farm element is the worst ever.......the WORST.

ALSO I would like to point out that having to farm bosses for element has encouraged more dino hoarding than the kibble system! Any big tribe has HOARDS of rexes with fridges and fridges fulls of fertilized rex eggs to replace lost rexes and to continually keep trying to breed better rexes. This is true for Theri's (they are great for dragon boss) and megatheriums/sloths (awesome for broodmother). So if you make it so that boss fights are just for unlocking engrams and abberation is for farming the element then I think this will have a MUCH greater impact on dino cap issue than the inability to claim abandoned dinos did (that has an impact but small). 

I appreciate colorful post. 

This all assuming that people will have their main bases out of aberration. What I think will happen is that we will see way more tek building now. Ppl will craft tek stuff in aberration and move it. So boss farms will be only to fuel your tek stuff. Which tribe will have multiple boss killing creatures? Boss rexes are same capable killing Bloodmother Lystrix as Megapithecus. Therezinos are able to kill all tree. I doubt anybody bother with hassle of dragon killing if they dont need to unlock tek for member. We (as small tribe) periodically farm  the spider. Simply because it's one man job (starting with artefact expedition, tribute farm and solo kill of boss).

Archived