How do I get a wyvern

Triggor

Alright, so Im still pretty new to the wyvern taming thing. So if I have my taming speed, egg hatching, and maturation boosted up a ton (Which I do) Would I still need milk for the wyvern? Or would it grow up fast enough and eat meat. If it even does eat meat, idk. So what im planning on doing, is running in the wyverns den or whatever, grabbing an egg and running away. (Lets say I manage to) would I be able to hatch it and get a wyvern, or do I HAVE to have milk.

5 hours ago, Triggor said:

Alright, so Im still pretty new to the wyvern taming thing. So if I have my taming speed, egg hatching, and maturation boosted up a ton (Which I do) Would I still need milk for the wyvern? Or would it grow up fast enough and eat meat. If it even does eat meat, idk. So what im planning on doing, is running in the wyverns den or whatever, grabbing an egg and running away. (Lets say I manage to) would I be able to hatch it and get a wyvern, or do I HAVE to have milk.

Build a trap along the scar with behemoth gates and at the end put some stone pillars up so that you can fly a Pt or Griffin through but won't let the wyverns through. That way you have somewhere safe to go when the wyverns chase you for stealing the egg and also you can easily knock out a wyvern to get the milk if it is needed.

15 hours ago, RilyHaryToze said:
15 hours ago, Triggor said:
Do the wyverns automatically come with some food? Cause if they do I have dino food drain to .5

They start at 25% of their max food

Do you need milk to claim them. Cause my friend told me I did, and if you do, am I just able to wait for it to be fully matured and then claim them, or do I just NEED milk?

Do you need milk to claim them. Cause my friend told me I did, and if you do, am I just able to wait for it to be fully matured and then claim them, or do I just NEED milk?

I'm not sure how the math works out but a baby wyvern only eats milk; they won't eat meat until they are fully matured. At standard rates and raising wyverns 160+ in level most don't actually need milk until after the first imprint (3-4 hours after claiming).

Full maturation is about 96 hours standard so you can probably figure it out from there using your servers rates.

2 minutes ago, RilyHaryToze said:
6 minutes ago, Triggor said:

I'm not sure how the math works out but a baby wyvern only eats milk; they won't eat meat until they are fully matured. At standard rates and raising wyverns 160+ in level most don't actually need milk until after the first imprint (3-4 hours after claiming).

But I have all that speed turned up, (cause im singleplayer) so he'll prolly take 3 minutes to mature, im wondering if I can tame him and make him my own, or do I need milk to claim him.

But I have all that speed turned up, (cause im singleplayer) so he'll prolly take 3 minutes to mature, im wondering if I can tame him and make him my own, or do I need milk to claim him.
You're fine then milk is only needed to feed them as a baby or as comfort food for imprinting. Don't need anything special to claim like any other dino.

• 2 weeks later...

On 12/1/2017 at 8:03 AM, Triggor said:

If it really only takes 3 minutes, then no, you shouldn't need any milk. Using the passive healing of a daeodon does work, so you could have one of those close by with some troughs full of meat just in case that 3 minutes is a massive miscalculation.

Archived