What creatures in Ark should have predators or be prey

TheJurAssiC

I think the food chain in the game needs to be reworked. You get daeodon packs budfying with yuty/carno groups and wolf packs to fight herbivores. You have raptors attacking things they can't handle. Thrn you have stuff like pegos attacking literally everything, and the fact that there is ZERO predation in the ocean... It's basicslly EVERYTHING vs the player, and no dino vs dino. It feels catered to getting you killed instead of simulating a realistic scenario.

I've been thinking that some of the smaller predators should be prey for the larger ones.  Dilos and Compy should be part of the food chain in that regard.  There is some sort of algorithm going on that keeps predators from attacking higher level tamed beasties, but can't be sure if that works in the wild or not.  Or at least that's I am seeing it.  Then again, I may need new glasses.

@Wazzamaniac While I've seen things dead on the water, I don't know how they were killed.  Sometimes it's like they breach and die.  Anyway, is there a non-predatory fish? The Coels seem to be the only omnivore fish, but I don't remember dying to one of them.  The Leeds don't seem to kill other fish though they are the only piscivore fish listed.  So, maybe they could tweak it, but not sure how it would really help.  All the other big fishies are carnivores and will eat you anyway...hmmm.

Anyway, you have enough herbivores on land that there is always something trying to eat something else.

Graytalon,

Lowly Gamer, since 1999, The Realm

35 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

and the fact that there is ZERO predation in the ocean... It's basicslly EVERYTHING vs the player, and no dino vs dino. It feels catered to getting you killed instead of simulating a realistic scenario.

thats so true. if u are looking for some high level ocean animals u basiclly have to wipe them all on your own to get the respawns going :S

33 minutes ago, Graytalon said:

I've been thinking that some of the smaller predators should be prey for the larger ones.  Dilos and Compy should be part of the food chain in that regard.  There is some sort of algorithm going on that keeps predators from attacking higher level tamed beasties, but can't be sure if that works in the wild or not.  Or at least that's I am seeing it.  Then again, I may need new glasses.

@Wazzamaniac While I've seen things dead on the water, I don't know how they were killed.  Sometimes it's like they breach and die.  Anyway, is there a non-predatory fish? The Coels seem to be the only omnivore fish, but I don't remember dying to one of them.  The Leeds don't seem to kill other fish though they are the only piscivore fish listed.  So, maybe they could tweak it, but not sure how it would really help.  All the other big fishies are carnivores and will eat you anyway...hmmm.

Anyway, you have enough herbivores on land that there is always something trying to eat something else.

Graytalon,

Lowly Gamer, since 1999, The Realm

True, most fish are predatory. But I'm referring to megalodons, eels and anglers recklessly attacking your tuso, or being chased by a mosasaur running to you ignoring 5 easy meal ichthys alongside it coming to nuzzle you.

Archived