trough set up

LOZIELOU88

so i know about trough placement on the ground about how far wide dinos can reach but does anyone know a height from the floor at which they can no longer reach from ground level trying to out my otters in a place where they on their own on a trough so far i got to about 20 walls above all the other dinos yet they still reach it gettin stressed just want to fill a trough with fish without every other dino eating it

I think is impossible to fill a trough with fish meat hoping that the other dinos won't eat it, dinos eat the lowest value for feeding first as fish meat is lower than raw meat it will be eaten first . The good thing is that fish meat have a longer spoiling time than raw meat so as Domi said is the best to put it on Otter and be safe :). 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/29/2017 at 8:59 PM, ArkRage said:

I noticed I didn't have a problem with the height radius either, just either side. I couldn't get a trough in a nice place that reached above and at the sides, so I just gave up and placed one smack bang in the middle of the floor. It's so annoying, but I like to fill up one trough and know that all the dinos are getting a top up. lol

When we built our huge base up on columns, we took advantage of the limitless height and put the feeding trough below the floor with a hatch above it for access. All dinos could reach it, but no obstacle in the middle of the floor.

Archived