Teleporting to bosses question

Krizdug

Hello, myself and the missus are prepping to take on our first boss (Gamma Brood) so I’ve been watching some videos/reading and something that I’m slightly concerned on is teleporting to the boss. I hear people saying stuff like don’t be mounted on a Dino when teleporting or you can’t have saddles on the Dinos when teleporting etc. So I’m just looking for some clarification on things I need to know about teleporting to the boss so that no Dinos or player gets left behind.

Currently all I know is we have to fit our Dinos onto the pad at the obelisk! We are playing on ps4 in case the version makes a difference to the info, thanks in advance! 

1. Don't be mounted
  2. Make sure all Dinosaurs have a paw on the metallic platform, to ensure they are inside the teleportation bubble
  3. The saddle thing is false, you should have saddles on all dino's to reduce incoming damage.
  4. Don't be mounted when teleporting outside
  5. Don't take items out of the dinosaur after the kill, wait till you're teleported back

That's pretty much the only gocha's.
In most cases it should just work, but the server can always glitch out.

Leave the saddles on - never had any problem with those. Don't be mounted when teleporting in or out to reduce possible staying behind or ending up inside foundations. Expect from time to time that one person will stay behind (in and out - we put our gear on the dino before getting out since we had a guy loosing full ascendant riot + weapons once due to being left inside). After the kill always check the dino which did the kill if the loot is on it or if its left on the boss about 2 out of 10 runs on broodmother we had the element on the corpse of the broodmother instead of the killing-rex. Luckily we saw it in time and looted her quickly. Always go with at least 2 people because if it bugs and you are left outside and have been alone the dinos will be lost.

4 minutes ago, dslick said:

I've always been mounted on my yuty pre-buffing my dinos and never had issues teleporting in and out. Am I risking it?

I'd say yes.
I've read enough posts about people ending up dead inside the boss-room, not being teleported or missing stuff because they were mounted on top of a dinosaur.
You can pre-buff, but we usually jump off just before the teleport to play it safe.

Everything what was said but on way in and also way out.

Also dont jump while moment of teleportation.

Another thing we encounter was that player wasnt teleported out because they standed on corpse of boss. We just got message that they were killed. Thats reason why to keep wlement on live dino and not in any player inventory.

17 minutes ago, ThzNutz said:

we dont either. i pre-buff on yuty as well and then with like 2 seconds left just pop up and stand on the saddle. when you enter the arena you will be on the saddle, mount and off ya go.

good luck:)

This is actually good advice. Even though Ark is lacking general aggro mechanic I find out if I yutty buff after teleport.I actually have agroo of boss and everything what he summon. I dont know if its normal or I am just "chosen" by all bosses to be eaten first.

Archived