heavy turrets resource requirements and crafting

OttoGrunf

So with 96 ammo slots, that's 4,800 Advanced Rifle Bullets. Established tribes will be forced to place 100 Heavy Turrets around their bases eventually, which would require over 480,000 bullets to maintain them - I say over because since they shoot 4 bullets at a time, we'll be forced to continuously grind bullets. This is getting worse than a typical Korean grindfest game. I think my Ark days are numbered already if nothing is improved.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

guys Jen said "this is the first iteration of the Heavy Turret" ... so lets not loose our minds ... just let them know what we thing ... I think everyone is fine with the crafting requirements the only real issue is the required level to unlock them.... level 100 is to high with to many engram points since you can not mind wipe over like the old days

drop them to level 90 and keep the engram points needed at 100... limit 100 xplants and 100 turrets in the 10k unit area and i think we may be getting close to the right prescription

5 hours ago, Hawk69 said:

I am playing solo on official PVP server, I already leveled 3 characters to lvl 100 in period of a month... so lvl 100 is not a problem, you can lvl up to 100 within a week of starting on a new server, I am mostly happy with new turret, it looks nice, has nice punch, good ammo storage, but.... I am still not happy with 100 limit... if they would only reconsider that number and put it to something reasonable like 300-400 + putting plant X on seperate counter... that would make me and probably a lot of you very very happy :D

Then the lag would not get fixed.

Obvious solution is make a really strong tek turret that uses normal materials for ammo.

2 hours ago, Crows said:

I'm not one to cry "RIP Ark PvP" and be pessimistic in general, but my god this current Heavy Turret model is so underwhelming that I'm getting closer to actually saying "RIP Ark PvP."

I genuinely hope they don't keep it the way it is. Level 100 requirement, seriously? that's ridiculous. :S

It will be fine. Aberration will release in two weeks and everyone will have forgotten about this. Just like flyer nerf, kibble pass, dino balance pass, s+ integration, dynamic bridges and so on...man this game had such a huge potential...so sad to see it fail so miserably.

1 hour ago, ooStuStu said:

guys Jen said "this is the first iteration of the Heavy Turret" ... so lets not loose our minds ... just let them know what we think

I hope so. 

Anyway, you're right - turrets shouldn't be level 100 to unlock. More like 85-90. 

Standard Turrets should deal knockback, otherwise they'll be obsolete. WildCard, I know you try your best to understand PvP and its metas, but you have to think outside the box, a little over-the-top, if you want to make this work. Any established tribe will replace each and every turret with Heavy Turrets just to provide maximum defense, and most of us on Official don't have Tek turrets and aren't even close to getting them. Please look at your data for proof. 

Now do you know what problems this will cause? It will turn Ark official PvP into a Korean-like Grindfest game. Why? because each Heavy Turret with 96 slots will need 4,800 bullets, and obviously since every serious tribe (serious, as in they don't want to be wiped easily) will intend on filling 100 Heavy Turrets (480,000 bullets in total) up just to stand a chance against the heavily advanced raider with his or her access to cheap explosives and easy bullet-soaking dinos, such as the Paracer, Bronton and Stego, despite its armor plating nerf. 

The turret changes have caused a domino effect.

For things to be more balanced in PvP, you must seriously consider other changes, such as:

• Disable the ability for the rider to throw C4 from the seat of a dino, such as a Stego.
  • Significantly increase Stone and Metal structure health.(?)
  • Significantly reduce explosive damage and blast radius.(?)
  • Make Standard Auto Turrets knock-back.
  • Buff Plant X damage by % / give their poisonous spores a debuff to targets.
  • And reduce the rate of fire for the Heavy Turret so that it fires less but packs more of a punch.

Huge dissapointment, as expected. (Sorry for being a cynic but i gotta be honest).

Now have to remodel entire bases, which would take hours and which would only make the bases less protected. Don't see any push back, which i remember reading somewhere.

And to think these kind of changes will not happen after official launch.

ARK DEVS PLEASE READ THIS 

Where do I start? You gave us Heavy Turrets that cost 4x times the amount to make, eats 4x the ammo, and technically does less damage per bullet if I am doing my math right? (was never good with shapes and angles) 

WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU THINKING?

I thought you were gonna give us Turrets that do more damage PER bullet. Sure they might do a lot of damage but eating 4 bullets per shot? Please explain your logic. Please just delete everything and go back. please stop just please youre ruining the game. 

If anyone has any more feed back on this please let me know. If youre PVE or a single dino beach bob please stay out of this. PLEASE ARK DEVS EXPLAIN YOUR LOGIC

5 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Everyone chill,

Just remember they have released them earlier to the player base so everyone can use and test them for the devs to see what needs to be changed.

Although I do agree level 100 is a bit excessive, it is still subject to change before December 5th. 

Hello this is a fully released game hello

6 minutes ago, Lewiatan said:

The change called "we will release it earlier, so we could get feedback from you guys" ought be done on public experimental/beta branch, not on entire fully released game. 

The way things have been going lately; such as the delays and beta testing of new ideas here, you would think ark was still in early access.

I am less irritated at the level requirement than I am at the autoturret/heavy autoturret/plant x limit.

100 of each type please. Seems to be a happy medium.

And add the knockback to plant x back.

Then, you can specialize each type for different functions.

This won't make raiding impossible, jeez, raiders just undermesh anyway.

But at least it will keep solo raiders with a single stego from wiping a hundred turret capped tower. And then moving to the next target.

17 hours ago, dillonboi08 said:

Hello this is a fully released game hello

It is a fully released game; however this was released after the game was fully released. Would you have rathered they didn't release them earlier than the turret limit for testing? Or would you rather they waited for the turret limit was in place so we're limited to 100 of the untested turrets and then WC make the changes while we're limited and unprotected?

Archived