heavy turrets resource requirements and crafting

OttoGrunf

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Level 100 unlock and you need more Resources to make them and they don't even give you 4x damage. You must seriously be a bunch of sadists who love to make all the players get upset when they start tearing apart their bases just to find out they can't even craft the new turret with the level req. This is further confirmation that only mega tribes are going to be allowed to play 

1 minute ago, hollander said:

I really enjoyed hearing the turret system got adjusted.. but the more i read the more i start to think " what are the devs thinking?) lvl 100 for the new auto turret? 

I hope its a hoax.. if its not then i'd be flabbergasted because of that decision

not a hoax, their idea of balance

im a bit more disappointed than satisfied. being level 100 places it out of reach of most players who cant survive enough to reach level 100. and with heavy turrets they didnt addressed super speed demon characters with good armors (and both of that is easy to get for established players) using c4 to grief small and medium tribes. this is another alpha tribe only toy like most of the game already is

I am playing solo on official PVP server, I already leveled 3 characters to lvl 100 in period of a month... so lvl 100 is not a problem, you can lvl up to 100 within a week of starting on a new server, I am mostly happy with new turret, it looks nice, has nice punch, good ammo storage, but.... I am still not happy with 100 limit... if they would only reconsider that number and put it to something reasonable like 300-400 + putting plant X on seperate counter... that would make me and probably a lot of you very very happy :D

Hey Wildcard Developer Team :)

As someone who played the game a good amount of time, with a significant part in an alpha tribe + Cross Server Alliance, i want to give my 2Cents for the new Turrets.

Starting with the requirements :

Normal Turret :                                                        Heavy Turret :

70 Electronics                                                          200 Electronics

140 Metal Ingots                                                     400 Metal Ingots

20 Polymer                                                               50 Polymer

50 Cementing Paste                                               150 Cementing Paste

1 Standard Auto Turret

So for the Heavy Turret in total : 270 Electronics, 540 Metal Ingots , 70 Polymer, 200 Cementing Paste. Thats nearly 4 times the amount for a normal turret, except polymer.

Damage : Higher than the normal one, as expected, even though its not the 4 or 5 times the damage that was suggested first. I think its like more 3,4 the damage

of a normal turret, but 4 times the ammunition costs.

13250 HP, which is good. thats more than 4* more of the normal one.

Requirements : Lvl 100 and 100 Engram Points. Thats , from my point of view, too much. Should be avaiable earlier, like lvl 85-90 around, and for less engram points.. maybe

70-80, given the fact that a high  lvl  player is usually short of engram points, and in addition at lvl 100 he has only got 1 respec left, unless he is doing ascension.

Practical use : I think this turret will give again the alpha tribes an advantage over smaller ones and lower level players, looking at requirements both material and lvl/engrams.

- Higher DPS Output can be focused on a small area, makes special places like underwater caves or bases with only 1 access side hardly raidable.

It is surely a step in the right direction, if you want to improve the performance by lowering the amount of used turrets. However its again a tool, which will be mainly used 

by high level players with dedicated farming tools, like quetzal/anky... , angler and so on.

One REALLY Important thing for me : PLEASE DO NOT include plant X turrets into the turret counter of a certain area. This is a different defense system to slow the enemies

down, not to deal a considerably amount of damage. If you put them together on the same counter, guess what will happen : nobody will use Plant X anymore.

Summing that up : Damage should be at least 4*times the damage of a normal turret, given the 4*ammunition cost, probably more if you really want to aim your goal of lowering the                                         turret count.

Level and Engram Points requirements should be lowered.

Treat the Heavy Turret as metal structure, not as stone one. This is a very important Point !! Until now you can destroy a turret with only 1 C4, for example if

you put a C4 charge in the middle of a giant metal hatchframe, all turrets on that side will be destroyed. Comparing the building costs of one C4 with 3 or 4 

heavy turrets destroyed by it, is really out of any ratio.

Last but not least : DO NOT , PLEASE... include the Plant X into the turret count !!!

Making heavy turret which was suppoused to replace standard turret in 1:1 ratio and then set it level requirements of 100. Oh, and it requires standard turret to repair heavy one. #WCLogic. 

Are you serious Wildcard? You enjoy listening to pissed off players apparently. A lot of people's bases will be ruined in matter of hours from now. 

Also, why do you not experiment with this change on public experimental branch before some overlooked aspect of this change will affect playerbase negatievly and ruins a few houndreds hours of people's play time? This is not Early Access, where you could such changes on entire playerbase population at once. 

The Heavy Turrets are very underwhelming.

• They shouldn't be level 100 requirement, for starters.
  • They shouldn't drain as fast as they do for their little damage against bullet soaking dinos, either.

It seems like a lazy effort because it's basically 4 turrets in one. No actual changes to standard turrets or Plant X? really? meh.

I've just watched this video and yeah, they aren't looking good. 

Archived