heavy turrets resource requirements and crafting

OttoGrunf

if photo i attached is right, 1 heavy turrets cost less than 4 standard turrets. you need 270 electronics, 540 metal, 200 cement/achatina paste and 70 polimer for one heavy turret in total (1 standard + rest of materials) and for 4 auto turrets you need 280 electronics, 560 metal, 200 cement/achatina paste and 80 polimer.

so people will have hundreds of turrets to whom they invested time to grind and now are obsolete and useless because of 100 turrets limit. be smart and allow people to turn 4 autoturrets to 1 heave or create it from 1 autoturret and rest of materials. be smart, dont antagonize your player base more, just let them convert 4 auto turrets to 1 heavy turret and everybody will be satisfied. wildcard will have less turrets on servers. large players who have insane amount of turrets will be able to trade then for 1/4 of that number in heavy turrets and those who didnt had autoturrets over limit number will not be impacted with it

win - win situation

photo_2017-11-29_02-23-46.jpg

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is not that bad at all .. .all the turrets within the 10k that go over the limit (they have backed off of stating 100 so it could be more) can be moved to just outside that 10k into the next area just outside ..you could basically have 1000's of turrets they just can't be on top of each other. i for one am glad they are not going to cost 3 or 4 turrets ..

• Volunteer Moderator
17 minutes ago, elweasel2010 said:

AFAIK, it is level 100. How about stop putting people down. I will check with my lvl 100 character.

Yes, it is level 100 to unlock heavy turret.

Oh my bad, didn't realize it just got pushed and thought people were still sharing the devkit info from yesterday assuming the level required to craft. But hey, I didn't put anyone down. Just pointed out to be aware of rumors because too many players say something as facts which heat everyone and turns out it was not factual at all. But please, go ahead and express your opinion on the new turret. :)

P2lYk76.jpg

Eats 4 bullets per shot. Does 400 damage to unsaddled phiomia. Has 96 slots and 13250HP (its probably easier to break whatever its been placed on)

For comparison: normal turret does 118 damage on same phiomia per shot. Has 24 slots.

So it does 400/118 = 3.39 times more damage (WC: "it will be 4-5 times more efficient") for 4x bullet cost. Does not last longer in terms of bullet soaking time.

this is stupid, and they don't listen, this plan proves it

This should be around a level 80, not 100 unlock. it should not cost 4x as much to use and it should NOT cost this much to make. 

it should be 2x bullets per shot, it should do 4x as it does and it SHOULD be a level 80 unlock. no small-medium tribe will EVER be able to use this because they will get raided daily now.

Not everyone is level 100 now, and restarting servers from 0, with all the same issue, does not help any

• Volunteer Moderator
4 minutes ago, Zatutic said:

repairing one requires normal auto turrets.. like 2hp of dmg needs 1 cement 1 elec 1 metal 1 poly... and 1 turret.

Probably an oversight of the repair mechanic that round up every requirements based on the damage. But definitely seems expensive. If anything, I think it would make more sense if the repairing only required raw materials.

I know this is going to sound pretty whiny. But hear me out...to be able to make the biggest baddest turrets, you only have to be level 70. Level 65 for beta monkey and level 70 for alpha brood mother. Now to make the heavy turrets, you have to be level 100. The tek turrets is more cost effective than the new turrets. I get that the new turrets are instant on shooting rather than slow tek turrets. But doesn't it seem more reasonable to make the heavy turrets to be made around level 80-85?

Not liking some of the test video's and clips so far.  Doesnt seem to protect from any well equipped raider.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ShinyStupidSquirrelCeilingCat
One of the clips I saw from Zunit.

Does 4x damage but seems slower and still in tests 1 rocket/c4 kills it like its a stone item.  Hopefully they do some patch work.

Archived