Ark Dev team. Why do you hate us so much?

IrritatedCheese

Guest DJRone89
On 28/11/2017 at 8:13 PM, IrritatedCheese said:

You lied so many times to us, with the Legacy servers, with the no deletion servers, modded console, and further more bashed the console players pretty bad with your tether distance lie and forcing them to buy two consoles. What did we do wrong? Why can't you be honest with us?

Wait, what?

- The legacy decision was to please both sides; those who were in favour of a wipe, and those who wanted the new servers to be on a separate cluster. Repurposing old legacy servers to fund new ones makes sense, does it not?

- What modded console? If you mean mods on console, that’s Microsoft’s issue, not Wildcard’s.

- The Xbox’s hardware is too weak to eliminate the tether. It appears no amount of facts will convince you and others alike’s attitudes.

- Only an idiot would be convinced anyone ‘forced’ them to buy another console for server hosting. Since when has spending money on a game not been the choice of the consumer?

Saying the devs have lied without providing any, doesn’t make for a strong argument.

3 hours ago, DJRone89 said:

Wait, what?

- The legacy decision was to please both sides; those who were in favour of a wipe, and those who wanted the new servers to be on a separate cluster. Repurposing old legacy servers to fund new ones makes sense, does it not?

- What modded console? If you mean mods on console, that’s Microsoft’s issue, not Wildcard’s.

- The Xbox’s hardware is too weak to eliminate the tether. It appears no amount of facts will convince you and others alike’s attitudes.

- Only an idiot would be convinced anyone ‘forced’ them to buy another console for server hosting. Since when has spending money on a game not been the choice of the consumer?

Saying the devs have lied without providing any, doesn’t make for a strong argument.

-They deleted the Legacy servers despite what they said.

-Wildcard said it would happen and yet they lied.

-It is if Wildcard lies about there being mods on console.

-I don't remember them saying that you need another console to host a server. Why the hell even add a "host a server" option for XBOX hosts if they can't even play their own server?

"And leaving the worst thing yet for the end... Deceit. Developers deceived people. How? Well, let's take a look. Firstly, they promised us all that they would not wipe the official servers upon the game release (which happened somewhere at the beginning of September 2017 I believe), then they said that they would actually do the wipe. And then, when they got a very big outrage from the players, they said that they would split the servers into two: part would be "Legacy" and that's where the players who played Ark for 2 years before it left early access would be, and "the New" servers, that had no connection to Legacy and were a fresh start for anyone who wanted to do so especially in PvP. 
They said they wouldn't wipe the servers... but then they made a list of "only the barren, ghost-towns" servers to shut down and repurpose them for the new cluster.... but from just a "chunk", it was almost half of all servers. Players had only FIVE days to move from their server (if it was on the kill-off list") to a different one. 500 dinos, tons of heavy materials, lots of blueprints, fertilised eggs, their water dinos... For most, it was impossible to do a complete move, so some quit completely, and the rest had to give up at least a part of what they had since they coulnd't transfer it all in such a short period of time.
And then, when everyone settled and thought that the stress is gone... The developers announced that every 3 months, they will be wiping 10% of Legacy servers ("the bottom ones", least populated ones) to repurpose them for the New servers... until all Legacy is gone. That being said, ultimately they WILL wipe the Legacy, going against everything they promised to their players, it's just that they will do it over time. And who would want to invest their time, knowing that in the next series of shut-downs, their server might land on the kill-off list? Not many people. That's why most of them either quit, or moved to the New servers (which, by the way, are getting pretty full too)." 815 People found this review helpful. Are you still gonna facepalm or will you stop being in such denial.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, IrritatedCheese said:

-They deleted the Legacy servers despite what they said.

-Wildcard said it would happen and yet they lied.

-It is if Wildcard lies about there being mods on console.

-I don't remember them saying that you need another console to host a server. Why the hell even add a "host a server" option for XBOX hosts if they can't even play their own server?

- There are still legacy servers so your point is invalid.

- What modded console? What are you on about? Mods on console is a MICROSOFT issue, not Wildcard.

- You can host a non-dedicated server and still play. Just because you don’t understand what player dedicated means, doesn’t mean they have lied.

The fact that you continue to say ‘Wildcard lies’ without providing any actual lies, just shows how clueless you are.

Guest DJRone89
4 minutes ago, IrritatedCheese said:

"And leaving the worst thing yet for the end... Deceit. Developers deceived people. How? Well, let's take a look. Firstly, they promised us all that they would not wipe the official servers upon the game release (which happened somewhere at the beginning of September 2017 I believe), then they said that they would actually do the wipe. And then, when they got a very big outrage from the players, they said that they would split the servers into two: part would be "Legacy" and that's where the players who played Ark for 2 years before it left early access would be, and "the New" servers, that had no connection to Legacy and were a fresh start for anyone who wanted to do so especially in PvP. 
They said they wouldn't wipe the servers... but then they made a list of "only the barren, ghost-towns" servers to shut down and repurpose them for the new cluster.... but from just a "chunk", it was almost half of all servers. Players had only FIVE days to move from their server (if it was on the kill-off list") to a different one. 500 dinos, tons of heavy materials, lots of blueprints, fertilised eggs, their water dinos... For most, it was impossible to do a complete move, so some quit completely, and the rest had to give up at least a part of what they had since they coulnd't transfer it all in such a short period of time.
And then, when everyone settled and thought that the stress is gone... The developers announced that every 3 months, they will be wiping 10% of Legacy servers ("the bottom ones", least populated ones) to repurpose them for the New servers... until all Legacy is gone. That being said, ultimately they WILL wipe the Legacy, going against everything they promised to their players, it's just that they will do it over time. And who would want to invest their time, knowing that in the next series of shut-downs, their server might land on the kill-off list? Not many people. That's why most of them either quit, or moved to the New servers (which, by the way, are getting pretty full too)." 815 People found this review helpful. Are you still gonna facepalm or will you stop being in such denial.

Millions of people supported Hitler, doesn’t make them right.

• Volunteer Moderator
8 minutes ago, IrritatedCheese said:

Maybe try not passing off a consumer review as though it was word of mouth from the devs.

1 minute ago, DJRone89 said:

Millions of people supported Hitler, doesn’t make them right.

-https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2016/04/22/ark-survival-evolved-brings-official-mods-to-xbox-one/

-Non-dedicated servers suck!

-Hitler was supported because of the fear he caused and how much power he had.

Their lie about the handling of legacy and the pulling of support really turned me off to believing anything they say. They deleted way more than the quota they set. Yanking support was just a slap in the face. I find that between employees taking shots on twitter at customers and their inability to get the game to run anywhere near what an officially Game should run that they are very inexperienced and new to this. The game itself as a concept is just the greatest thing I’ve ever played in my opinion, I hope they eventually assemble a team that can make it work. 

That said, they are going further from that by continuing to pump out DLC while their game is completely broken, at last for Xbox 1 (I won’t pretend to know how PS4 for PC is going). There are constant lags, the servers drop constantly and disconnect everyone. Takes and items are constantly being lost because of a poor product and they aren’t replaced. Worse is the characters being lost. We’ve had 2 Level 100s lose their character that had the tek unlocked etc. 

My current solution is to wait patiently as I think the game is good enough to wait for their compentacny to increase. I don’t pretend to think they will gain any integrity or honesty, but then again, if the game functions well I won’t care. Until then I would urge everyone to NOT buy the DLC. Anyone who thinks they should fix what they’ve released before releasing more broken content should just not buy it. It’ll save a headache anyway- there is a 100% chance that it’ll be broken and glitchy and will likely be delayed on top of that. Save your time and money. 

• Wildcard Community

What we've said was that we would be repurposing old servers to accommodate a fresh start for old and new players alike. We have never made it a secret that not all old servers will stick around. As for mods on consoles, we've said that we'll look into the possibility. I know that's not what people would like to hear but that's where we lie on that matter. It's not "we'll make it happen", neither is it "we're not going to do it", but rather "we'll look into the possibility". As for needing another console to host, while it's true we never outright stated it, we never outright stated that you didn't. After all, you can't really call it a dedicated server if you're using the machine to run as a server as well as a client.

Guest DJRone89
1 minute ago, GP said:

Also S+ will be coming to console.

Now I did see somewhere (Arkdevtracker ) that not only will the devs discuss what will make it into the core game, but what will remain in the mod, and even what unofficials hosts will have access to in the ini file - something as a Xbox Nitrado host I’m very much looking forward to.

32 minutes ago, IrritatedCheese said:

Phew... Ok I'm calm now. I guess you guys are right but this Steam post really damaged my thoughts twords the game after I cherished it so much.

Always be calm it’s just a game- just don’t give them more money until they figure out how to fix what they’ve released. Continually pumping out more broken content is just nonsense. I think asking for a basic stable connection to the servers isn’t much to ask. When they crash they should replace what was lost due to faulty product. 

2 hours ago, Popojijo said:

Always be calm it’s just a game- just don’t give them more money until they figure out how to fix what they’ve released. Continually pumping out more broken content is just nonsense. I think asking for a basic stable connection to the servers isn’t much to ask. When they crash they should replace what was lost due to faulty product. 

SO true.

7 hours ago, Eli said:

As for needing another console to host, while it's true we never outright stated it, we never outright stated that you didn't. After all, you can't really call it a dedicated server if you're using the machine to run as a server as well as a client.

Ark Jeremy had tweeted that tether distance would be eliminated with the Xbox one X. I haven't tested it myself, but from other threads, it appears that there is still tether distance with the One X. I believe that is where he is coming from on that topic.

I am guilty of giving more money even though i knew i shouldn't have .. because they really do need to get things under control (crashes, bugs & glitches) However this game is highly addictive and the devs know it... Whether they admit it or not they take advantage of the addictive power this game has on it's players... I don't really hold anything against them at this point since they are a fairly new development team. I am encouraged by the handling of this new turret change and hope they can get it right before it comes to console

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, KingGalahad said:

Ark Jeremy had tweeted that tether distance would be eliminated with the Xbox one X. I haven't tested it myself, but from other threads, it appears that there is still tether distance with the One X. I believe that is where he is coming from on that topic.

It’s a grey area when dealing with Wildcard solely because they are a new development team.

They should never have said the X1X would work without a tether without testing it first. 

People have so much hate towards Wildcard (though still play their game, what gives?) and will perceive everything they say as gospel. They are a developers, remember? They may have liked to have gone through with what they said but can’t for whatever reason. That’s not a lie, just a broken promise.

The only problem is that they continue to make these mistakes. Don’t tell your gaming community they you will definitely do something, until it has been tried and tested. Edit - or at least say you are hopeful but there are no guarantees. That way the community may be disappointed with the end result but you never confirmed it for sure.

• Volunteer Moderator
1 hour ago, KingGalahad said:

That one is still a long ways off!

Ok, and? We were discussing about the fact that Mods have actually come and still are coming to console after the OP claimed they never have and that WC lied. So I don't understand your point at saying it's still a long way off.

8 hours ago, GP said:

Ok, and? We were discussing about the fact that Mods have actually come and still are coming to console after the OP claimed they never have and that WC lied. So I don't understand your point at saying it's still a long way off.

That's it. Just simply stating that particular mod is still a long way off. They haven't even said what parts of s+ will be added so although console will eventually get s+ sometime in the future, it is still a long way off. 

15 minutes ago, KingGalahad said:

That's it. Just simply stating that particular mod is still a long way off. They haven't even said what parts of s+ will be added so although console will eventually get s+ sometime in the future, it is still a long way off. 

That's just sad. Makes me wish they never released it on XBOX with all the bugs and errors along with all that it removes #ARKDEVSFIXTHEGAME

Archived