fishing nerf fishing discussion

Flaminguo

2 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

It's wayyy more key to press in the same ammount of time

for 2,9x you kinda have to be superman on cocaine :P 

I don't think it will take longer for them to bite.

Sidenote : If the fish disappear after a fail try : go away and come back, its a visual glitch, they dont despawn.

lol what about cage + pachyrito? 

On ‎11‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, ilidrael said:

I'm getting like 20 bps at a time sometime

And some of them are very good, up to 110saddle armor but i have a great asc rod of 420 (cap is 500) and im fishing 2,5x coels (sabers give less, also, they said the max fish size to fish is 2,3x but you can still fish up to 2,9x ... :) )

I fish on my fishcage raft after cleaning all the uncaged ones around

the only fishers i know use auto fishing, but i'm very fast at typing :P 

Edit: So i would personally think the fishing loots are just fine, as long as you get a good rod from alpha tusos. Very rageing to get no bp half the time tho :P 

I'm so confused by all of this. The wiki says sabertooth salmon are better and says leechblood gives better quality than honey even if it cant catch as big of fish. Also how are you catching fish over 2.2 with honey? Are you on console and maybe console doesn't have that nerf yet?

I'm currently playing on an unofficial Rag server for Xbox and I cant find a single fish over 1.3. Catching the 1.3 fish with my asc rod(384.3) gives me mostly journeyman bps and some crap MC saddles like carno, terror bird, and pelegornis.

2 minutes ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

I'm so confused by all of this. The wiki says sabertooth salmon are better and says leechblood gives better quality than honey even if it cant catch as big of fish. Also how are you catching fish over 2.2 with honey? Are you on console and maybe console doesn't have that nerf yet?

I'm currently playing on an unofficial Rag server for Xbox and I cant find a single fish over 1.3. Catching the 1.3 fish with my asc rod(384.3) gives me mostly journeyman bps and some crap MC saddles like carno, terror bird, and pelegornis.

I'm on official PC, and i think wiki says that honey is better than leechblood for quality. I'm fine with the quality I get with honey so i didn't compare to the leechblood after honey was added. Their patch to stop fishing over 2,3x never worked. you have to kill the fishs very often if you want huge ones to spawn

3 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

I'm on official PC, and i think wiki says that honey is better than leechblood for quality. I'm fine with the quality I get with honey so i didn't compare to the leechblood after honey was added. Their patch to stop fishing over 2,3x never worked. you have to kill the fishs very often if you want huge ones to spawn

Heres a copy and paste from the wiki which I assumed was people looking at the code of the game not guessing. "Each species of fish has its own bait co-efficient value tables. Coel give a lower multiplier than Salmon, resulting in Salmon rewarding better loot from higher loot quality tiers. One should make effort to fish Salmon over Coel whenever possible.
Each of the three bait types have their own individual co-efficient values. Leech Blood has the highest, followed by Honey and Sap is last. However, Honey can catch bigger Fish than Leech Blood. This means you should only use Honey for fish that are too large to catch with Leech Blood."

1 minute ago, ilidrael said:

Ah you're right. But its 1,9x for leech blood correct ? I dont fish this small. :P 

Sabertooth is honestly impossible to catch, it feels like 2x more keys to type, for what it feels like 2x lesser loots. Now i might be wrong for sabertooth as its just my personal impression :) 

Its supposed to be 1.88 for leech blood and 2.2 for honey. Does the restriction work on sabers and not coel?

Nope i had sabers 2,5x bite before, but i never caught them, wayyy to many keys to type and i dont have the auto fisher that most people use.

But coels 2,5x are easy catch for me :) 

so restriction dont work on both. Now if it doesnt work using leech blood too, that, i havent tryed, i didnt know it was supposed to be better.

51 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Nope i had sabers 2,5x bite before, but i never caught them, wayyy to many keys to type and i dont have the auto fisher that most people use.

But coels 2,5x are easy catch for me :) 

so restriction dont work on both. Now if it doesnt work using leech blood too, that, i havent tryed, i didnt know it was supposed to be better.

I was able to get one bigger fish to spawn by killing them over and over. Theres a 2.2 salmon(the rest are 1.3 or lower) in the spot I use by Viking bay but I don't have a trapper on my boat yet, I'm a little worried that the foundations on the boat will interfere with the spawns since its such a tiny little pond. Ill have to try maybe late tonight or sometime tomorrow with some thatch(I'm on PVE so no worries). With the quality of loot I get from the 1.3 salmon Id expect a 1.8 salmon should get me pretty good loot if that's the max I can get.

Finally made a trapper, the foundations had no effect on the fish spawns and neither did me sitting there. While I sat there I had a tribe member and an alliance member swimminf around killing of the other fish that were constantly spawning back. I tried for what seams like forever to get the 2.2 to bite the leech blood but it didn't. Then my alliance member brought me some honey right before I gave up and what seemed like forever it finally bit. Saddly I ran out of time when it seemed like I was 1 or 2 buttons away from having it in. So probably at least 2 hours of my time and at least 4 casts wasted... ugh. I kinda feel like fishing on console is harder than PC because the controller buttons are much more clunky and a keyboard you have many fingers to hit the correct keys. Maybe I just need some more practice though.

6 hours ago, TedyBearOfDeath said:

Finally made a trapper, the foundations had no effect on the fish spawns and neither did me sitting there. While I sat there I had a tribe member and an alliance member swimminf around killing of the other fish that were constantly spawning back. I tried for what seams like forever to get the 2.2 to bite the leech blood but it didn't. Then my alliance member brought me some honey right before I gave up and what seemed like forever it finally bit. Saddly I ran out of time when it seemed like I was 1 or 2 buttons away from having it in. So probably at least 2 hours of my time and at least 4 casts wasted... ugh. I kinda feel like fishing on console is harder than PC because the controller buttons are much more clunky and a keyboard you have many fingers to hit the correct keys. Maybe I just need some more practice though.

fishing on console is easier imo, its to do with key positioning etc. I can hit every button every time in less than 1sec on a controller, but when the pc keeps chucking in Q C and X it screws me right over

On 29/11/2017 at 12:24 AM, ilidrael said:

It's wayyy more key to press in the same ammount of time

for 2,9x you kinda have to be superman on cocaine :P 

I don't think it will take longer for them to bite.

Sidenote : If the fish disappear after a fail try : go away and come back, its a visual glitch, they dont despawn.

Thats a nice loot for a base fishing rod and sap :o nice catch. Altho, i always sticked to primitive scuba, no matter how good my BPs were. just never felt worth for me.

i really dont know i cant get salmon 2.0x + its too much low cooldown! for coels no problem but solmon holymoly 

Archived