fishing nerf fishing discussion

Flaminguo

hey guys, got a question for you all ,  thats my opinion but im the only one who think they nerfed to much fishing?  from tons of bluperprints to   literally nothing and we cant even repair our fishing rod ! thats made me realy mad every time :( what do you think about it ?   iknow is old giga nerf but why not consider to up that ?  

I'm getting like 20 bps at a time sometime

And some of them are very good, up to 110saddle armor but i have a great asc rod of 420 (cap is 500) and im fishing 2,5x coels (sabers give less, also, they said the max fish size to fish is 2,3x but you can still fish up to 2,9x ... :) )

I fish on my fishcage raft after cleaning all the uncaged ones around

the only fishers i know use auto fishing, but i'm very fast at typing :P 

Edit: So i would personally think the fishing loots are just fine, as long as you get a good rod from alpha tusos. Very rageing to get no bp half the time tho :P 

3 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

I'm getting like 20 bps at a time sometime

And some of them are very good, up to 110saddle armor but i have a great asc rod of 420 (cap is 500) and im fishing 2,5x coels (sabers give less, also, they said the max fish size to fish is 2,3x but you can still fish up to 2,9x ... :) )

I fish on my fishcage raft after cleaning all the uncaged ones around

the only fishers i know use auto fishing, but i'm very fast at typing :P 

Edit: So i would personally think the fishing loots are just fine, as long as you get a good rod from alpha tusos. Very rageing to get no bp half the time tho :P 

380% asc rod  just 2 poopty mc bp nothing more and rip rod cuz isnt reparable .-.    which spot do you use for fish ilidrael?

It depends of the map. On Rag, i use the lakes near green ob, just clean all the fish until 2,4x + one spawn then cage it

On island, i use the rivers where otter spawn (mostly the one a bit before stone edge)

On center, now thats the hardest, the rivers are too crowded of ichtyornis/spinos/baryonix, so i was doing it north west sea, but it was super hard to find and also to cage.

For your bp, i'd need more details to say if its not normal.

It would be very weird if :

you did use honey, you did caught only 2x+ coels. And i think the rod breaks fairly slowly :) i could catch more than a 100 good fish before mine breaks.

yea the size of the fish matters a lotttt for quality. Kill them until huge ones spawn :) then cage it

Ramsackle and primitive are very valuable too tho, as you can mass craft them, sometimes with very good armor/durab for super low cost.

I had fished a 39 armor primitive giga bp o/ imagine with full craft skill, its super worth.

I havent fished in a long time because they nerfed it so hard, but what really drilled the last nail into the coffin was taking all my good rods, I had like 12 JM rods obtained by trading and gifts and they took them. I have only ever found about 4 fishing rod BPS and the best was low APP, not much sense in fishing with those....

3 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Yes only honey since it was added the leech blood became totally useless. 

leech blood is useless for fishing and for curing yourself since you can just transfer to loose deseasexD 

Sap is the worse to fish

you gived me lot of tips really appreciate ! maybe im just bad fisher :/  or just unlucky like every time :I 

using this method, but not really this build, i was able to build my fishing raft to cage huge fishs and keep out the small ones. Sometimes it does ignore the bait, and i have to punch it and retry, but thats rare. After 5 mins caged with a bait, something is prob wrong.

Edit: But well i heard a recent patch had broken the lowering of foundations on rafts so im not sure you can at the moment

Something i forgot to mention is that the level of the fish doesnt matter, only its size/type(coels always better, 2,9x is kind of the current unintended limit to fish)

50 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

using this method, but not really this build, i was able to build my fishing raft to cage huge fishs and keep out the small ones. Sometimes it does ignore the bait, and i have to punch it and retry, but thats rare. After 5 mins caged with a bait, something is prob wrong.

Edit: But well i heard a recent patch had broken the lowering of foundations on rafts so im not sure you can at the moment

Something i forgot to mention is that the level of the fish doesnt matter, only its size/type(coels always better, 2,9x is kind of the current unintended limit to fish)

perfect will check it out ! 

2 hours ago, ilidrael said:

Yes only honey since it was added the leech blood became totally useless. 

leech blood is useless for fishing and for curing yourself since you can just transfer to loose deseasexD 

Sap is the worse to fish

How are you keeping the honey from spoiling? Do you keep a hive on your raft?

1 hour ago, ilidrael said:

do i ask much if can you post your raft  ili?  

17 minutes ago, edandbunny said:

How are you keeping the honey from spoiling? Do you keep a hive on your raft?

cant place the hive on it

i take the honey after i spot/cage the big fish (cause big fishs aren't common), i use one and put a few in my wyv (i use wyv to clean the river fishs) to preserve it longer, incase i mistype a key /Edit: Salt could help too but a dino should be enough :) 

14 minutes ago, Flaminguo said:

do i ask much if can you post your raft  ili?  

i'm sorry, the server i'm on right now doesn't have my raft. When i transfer, maybe tomorrow i could, altho i'm not sure it's still there, we have platforms limit on PvP and rafts get demo'd firstly.

Edit: Altho i just found that screen 

749014201705092044311.jpg

it doesnt show well but better than nothing

screened at a bug, i mistyped and failed, and it was still there floating :P 

6 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

i take the honey after i spot/cage the big fish (cause big fishs aren't common), i use one and put a few in my wyv (i use wyv to clean the river fishs) to preserve it longer, incase i mistype a key /Edit: Salt could help too but a dino should be enough :) 

i'm sorry, the server i'm on right now doesn't have my raft. When i transfer, maybe tomorrow i could, altho i'm not sure it's still there, we have platforms limit on PvP and rafts get demo'd firstly.

Edit: Altho i just found that screen 

749014201705092044311.jpg

it doesnt show well but better than nothing

screened at a bug, i mistyped and failed, and it was still there floating :P 

DILO never saw coal HUGE LIKE THAT O.o 

7 minutes ago, ilidrael said:

Too bad. Oh well. But thanks for the reply. I am really only just starting to get into fishing, and that was mostly to get angler gel. Now that we have a pair of high level Basi's, thats not an issue, but the blueprints are. Even just fishing with base pole, sap and leech blood, we are getting a good amount of BPs from the fish. Nothing really spectacular, but even a journyman scuba piece is a lot better than primitive.

3 minutes ago, Flaminguo said:

wait wait , more huge is more time you have to wait ? isnt randomly? ? 

It's wayyy more key to press in the same ammount of time

for 2,9x you kinda have to be superman on cocaine :P 

I don't think it will take longer for them to bite.

Sidenote : If the fish disappear after a fail try : go away and come back, its a visual glitch, they dont despawn.

Too bad. Oh well. But thanks for the reply. I am really only just starting to get into fishing, and that was mostly to get angler gel. Now that we have a pair of high level Basi's, thats not an issue, but the blueprints are. Even just fishing with base pole, sap and leech blood, we are getting a good amount of BPs from the fish. Nothing really spectacular, but even a journyman scuba piece is a lot better than primitive.

Thats a nice loot for a base fishing rod and sap :o nice catch. Altho, i always sticked to primitive scuba, no matter how good my BPs were. just never felt worth for me.

Archived