Noob has questions

I recently purchased ARK on Xbox and I do have questions. I think this is a pretty cool game and I basically just play with my friends online

1. We started a non dedicated server but the 250 meter rule has proven frustrating. So, if we wanted to play on a dedicated server how do we do this? I read where you can rent a dedicated server? Or can you just run a dedicated server starting out but then it asks for a administration password? I am just confused...if we try to start a dedicated server do we need a password or is it asking us to create a password? 

2. I see there are several other worlds..like the Center, Ragnorok, Scorched Earth...we are just starting out so I think the Island will keep us busy for  a while. But when the time comes, do we all just download the new maps and start again new in another world?

3. When the time comes, do we go to these big obleisk in the sky to fight bosses? Do we have to find a secret gem or something first? We all bought this game not knowing much about it but we all are having fun so far. 

Thanks for any help you guys can give. 

dedicated would required a second xbox if you still wnat to play  or you have to rent a server from nitrado or just go find a pve server offical and play with each other and a bunch of other people or someone else dedicated or pc session(nitrado rented)

scorchd earth is DLC $ the other two are free

no not a gem but artifacts in caves as well as other things dropped by animals.

37 minutes ago, BigDave75 said:

Thanks for the answers. Last question. If I rent a server from Nitrado  1. Are they available yet for xbox? I had trouble finding the place to go to actually rent. 2. Is the second xbox reqiured through Nitrado if rented through them? I could go through my PC for server if that is available.

To rent a Nitrado server for Xbox you need to download the Nitrado app on your xbox and create an account. 10 slots for 30 days is the smallest you can rent on xbox and it costs 13.99USD per 30 days. Theres a slight discount when you purchase more time at once. You might be better off finding an unofficial server advertised here on these forums to play on for free. Theres hundreds of advertisement threads all with different settings and running on the various maps.

4 hours ago, BigDave75 said:

Okay cool. I could rent that for the price but does that mean I would need another xbox as the user mentioned above? Cause that I can't do...I only have one xbox. I usually just hang out the server host in the way we play anyway but there are times when I want to venture off ha

No you wont need a second xbox if you rent from Nitrado. Although you cannot splitscreen just fyi.

For future reference heres the ark wiki https://ark.gamepedia.com/ARK_Survival_Evolved_Wiki that and the DoDoDex app or webpage will be your best friend while learning the world of ark.

Archived