Ark reminder

yekrucifixion187

I wanted to start a thread for the vet players that showcases a reminder that Ark can sometimes still be brutal. A reminder that no matter how far we advance, Ark sometimes gets the better of us legit. R.I.P. basil. 100 percent imprinted, 40k hp, 70 armor saddle. Share your painful reminders, it could be therapeutic. 

rip basil.jpg

Evening brother,

I am very sorry for your loss, and I wish you and your tribe the best of luck with all your future endeavors. 

ARK can truly be relentless. The game can be a great deceiver at times. It likes to encourage you, and convince you that all is well, making you feel like you're on top of the world. But as rapid as a bolt of lightning, chaos and misfortune can ensue, no matter what stage of the game you are in. 

While I have no captures of my experiences to share, I have a plethora of haunting memories of dinos moving on to a better place. 

However during times of grief, and what may feel like uncontrollable situations, there is one thing we can always do. We survivors are individuals who know best how to persevere, and continue forth in the face of adversity. That, we are always capable of. 

God bless,

Buck McSkeet

Unfortunately I dont have any pictures but for me the most painful memory was my first attempt at the alpha brood mother. At the time I was solo and went in with 2 or 3 other tribes. I took about 5 of my own rexs (not alot I know but for me as a solo player that was a lot of effort to raise) and the other tribes took the rest. There was some good rexs in there with good saddles. Unfortunately this was during the time when the bosses were lets just say 'broken'. The first rex died less than a minute in and we were wiped in less than 5 minutes. It was brutal. Dont underestimate the bosses :D

But apart from that Ark has a habit of catching us of our gaurd which I do love, keeps us allert and fresh :D

Alright, so i'm playing this mod called Zero to Hero, right? and one of the dinos added by the mod is the Dryptosaurus, AKA a smaller, pack-hunting Yutyrannus. and in the early days of the mod, they where spawning WAY to frequently, imagine replacing all spawns in the highlands with Allows, and then add a few more. anyways, earlier that day I found and tamed a max-level Thylacoleo that spawned literally Right next to my base, well, me and my Thyla where jumped by 10 Dryptosauruses, that was a very justified rage quit moment

Encountering the very first alpha squid to spawn on our server.

Giant tentacles came from out of the wall and grabbed the 390 base melee mosa I was on.

There was no stopping it, as the hitbox for the alpha was inside the rock formation.

I have made studies on spawn points concentrating on the large water creatures.

Apparently, their spawn point is inside rock formations and they swim out.

I say this from watching many mosas in K mode spawn inside and swim out after me.

And if I had to count the number of times the only clue I had to a squids existence was seeing a dangling sucker hanging from a wall...

Odd bit too, alpha squids run back into and clip through the wall back to their spawn point when badly injured.

Don't let them. Then, they can hide and heal until someone else comes too close.

Save someone else from the clipping death of squids.

Archived