Someone please teach me about the obelisk upload timer

AdligerAdler

I went to green ob for uploading structures. Timer said raptoring 31 minutes. I wait there and in the meanwhile I go to my PS4 internet browser. I go back to Ark (didnt close game and was at ob all the time) and the raptoring timer reset. 31 mins again. I think my char was unconscious for a moment (dehydration) because I was under my quetz.

Why did it reset? What makes it reset? What makes it start? Please teach me.

every 40 mins for new items in your inventory.

best way to to do it

1- Check timer in a obelisk or drop lets say left 3min to upload it.

2- Take the items in your inventory before timers set to ZERO,   everyitem  you will take to your inventory after this 3min or whatever it is; you will have to wait 40 min, time will reset for new items.

7 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

Were the items in your inventory or your dino's? AFAIK the timer wouldn't reset if they were on you.

I tested it and the timers didnt reset when I put it back into my quetz and then back into my inventory. I flew away and back and timers didnt reset either. I just edited my OP, I think I was unconscious and maybe that reset the timers. 

2 minutes ago, AdligerAdler said:

I tested it and the timers didnt reset when I put it back into my quetz and then back into my inventory.

You are wrong. No, your test results are right but different. Let me explain. Let's say you check the timer and it's 10 minutes. You can switch the items between your inventory and your dino's all you want and the timer will remain the same as long as it doesn't hit 0. But once it gets to 0, whatever was in YOUR inventory would become uploadable and everything left in your dino or on the ground get reset to 40 minutes. Make sense?

15 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

You are wrong. No, your test results are right but different. Let me explain. Let's say you check the timer and it's 10 minutes. You can switch the items between your inventory and your dino's all you want and the timer will remain the same as long as it doesn't hit 0. But once it gets to 0, whatever was in YOUR inventory would become uploadable and everything left in your dino or on the ground get reset to 40 minutes. Make sense?

Ok thats why there was no timer for my spyglass and torch since those are in my hotbar 24/7. Then Ill wait with the stuff in my inventory. Thx.

25 minutes ago, Taci said:

every 40 mins for new items in your inventory.

best way to to do it

1- Check timer in a obelisk or drop lets say left 3min to upload it.

2- Take the items in your inventory before timers set to ZERO,   everyitem  you will take to your inventory after this 3min or whatever it is; you will have to wait 40 min, time will reset for new items.

Thank you.

1 hour ago, AdligerAdler said:

I went to green ob for uploading structures. Timer said raptoring 31 minutes. I wait there and in the meanwhile I go to my PS4 internet browser. I go back to Ark (didnt close game and was at ob all the time) and the raptoring timer reset. 31 mins again. I think my char was unconscious for a moment (dehydration) because I was under my quetz.

Why did it reset? What makes it reset? What makes it start? Please teach me.

There is a standard timer of 40 minutes, you need to have all the items you wish to upload in your inventory before the timer is done, then you upload it directly. After the timer is done, you should not touch them, like splitting stacks, etc or the timer will reset again, if you wait too long timer will reset again.

This is a really stupid thing implemented by the developers to "prevent duping", which is pointless since duping is being done anyways, all this does is cause us more annoyance and waste alot of our time.

2 minutes ago, TracerBee said:

There is a standard timer of 40 minutes, you need to have all the items you wish to upload in your inventory before the timer is done, then you upload it directly. After the timer is done, you should not touch them, like splitting stacks, etc or the timer will reset again, if you wait too long timer will reset again.

This is a really stupid thing implemented by the developers to "prevent duping", which is pointless since duping is being done anyways, all this does is cause us more annoyance and waste alot of our time.

Yes it does, I hate it. And now I uploaded by clicking transfer all and it put everything into tribute. I took it back and 36 min timer again. So you cant click transfer all and gotta do it stack by stack? This is some serious bullpoop. I dont have all the time for this crap.

1 minute ago, AdligerAdler said:

Yes it does, I hate it. And now I uploaded by clicking transfer all and it put everything into tribute. I took it back and 36 min timer again. So you cant click transfer all and gotta do it stack by stack? This is some serious bullpoop. I dont have all the time for this crap.

Yeap, i totally understand your frustration. Alot of alternatives have been suggested but 0 response from the developers so far. 

i think the only way they will stop the duping is by being the vault police and just coming on to servers who are suspected of duping and once the dev finds proof wipe all dinos materials and reset characters to level 1.. you have that happen to you a couple of times i think it would slow it down to a trickle

however if you know of people duping please report them

Just to clarify;

The timer is based on the next server save. The timer could be 38 minutes, 40 minutes, etc., depending on when the next scheduled server save is.

The timer in your inventory is based on where your next server save falls. If the next server save is in five minutes, then the timer in your inventory is five minutes.

Once the server save happens, the timer of everything in your inventory is expired, and everything can be transferred. Anything new that enters your inventory will be a part of the next server save countdown.

Stacks of anything are based on the top item in the stack. If you move, or it spoils, the top item in the stack, the timer is then a part of the next server save for the entire stack.

Fertilized eggs can only be transferred once. Forever.

Kibble can only be transferred once.

1 hour ago, Nokosa said:

Just to clarify;

The timer is based on the next server save. The timer could be 38 minutes, 40 minutes, etc., depending on when the next scheduled server save is.

The timer in your inventory is based on where your next server save falls. If the next server save is in five minutes, then the timer in your inventory is five minutes.

Once the server save happens, the timer of everything in your inventory is expired, and everything can be transferred. Anything new that enters your inventory will be a part of the next server save countdown.

Stacks of anything are based on the top item in the stack. If you move, or it spoils, the top item in the stack, the timer is then a part of the next server save for the entire stack.

Fertilized eggs can only be transferred once. Forever.

Kibble can only be transferred once.

Oh my god thanks for the warning.

Archived