What happens when you mounted on Giga and go afk?

ondere

Just now, Pic1 said:

OMG SERIOUSLY? Never knew about that, thanks!

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Canteen

You can put a filled Canteen into a Refrigerator.pngRefrigerator or a Tek Trough.png Tek Trough and will get an Iced Canteen after 60 seconds. Drinking from an Iced Canteen increases your Hyperthermal insulation by 84 and decreases your hypothermal insulation by the same amount, which makes it easier to survive in the heat of Scorched Earth days, but more difficult during the cold nights. Once removed from the fridge, the Iced Canteen will "spoil" into a normal canteen after 8 minutes. However, leaving it in the fridge will extend the spoil time to what equates to almost 3 real years.

The more you know :D Its crazy what little things sneak by you haha

54 minutes ago, Wrightwaygaming said:

This is the mentality of a true Ark player he has endured death after death of unexplained circumstances from accidentally pressing the dismount button while mid air on a ptera to accidentally walking past that rex in the trees. From being chased by piranha to simply accidentally eating too many narcoberries whilst in hostile territory.

Tell me im wrong :P (between the ptera thing i do on a regular basis the amount of times i have to search for a lost ptera is ridiculous)

You got me on every count except the narcoberries! 

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ah thats the problem then. You really need to unmount unfortunately. When you said standing I assummed you ment you unmounted the giga. 

How does it matter if the theri can reach the back of the giga ? Question should be why was the theri attacking the giga in the first place. Not a smart theri...

Seems like a pretty smart theri. Killed the giga and the player. 

16 minutes ago, GerbilRex said:

Yep, always dismount before AFK (unless you've got other dinos with you). It's best to have the giga on follow, so a seagull doesn't smack him and fly off because then one runaway giga!

OH GOD i could only imagine the chaos this would cause! on the other hand a very mischeavious idea it has gave me is to take my giga out into the middle of no where put him on aggressive and get the hell outta there on a ptera and watch the chaos with a bucket of popcorn.

26 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

https://ark.gamepedia.com/Canteen

You can put a filled Canteen into a Refrigerator.pngRefrigerator or a Tek Trough.png Tek Trough and will get an Iced Canteen after 60 seconds. Drinking from an Iced Canteen increases your Hyperthermal insulation by 84 and decreases your hypothermal insulation by the same amount, which makes it easier to survive in the heat of Scorched Earth days, but more difficult during the cold nights. Once removed from the fridge, the Iced Canteen will "spoil" into a normal canteen after 8 minutes. However, leaving it in the fridge will extend the spoil time to what equates to almost 3 real years.

The more you know :D Its crazy what little things sneak by you haha

Does this still quench thirst as well ? sick to death of refilling water haha

10 hours ago, Wrightwaygaming said:

OH GOD i could only imagine the chaos this would cause! on the other hand a very mischeavious idea it has gave me is to take my giga out into the middle of no where put him on aggressive and get the hell outta there on a ptera and watch the chaos with a bucket of popcorn.

I did that once but there was another giga in the area... whoops

On 11/28/2017 at 8:44 PM, raptorjesus666 said:

it matters alot, dinos aggro on type

small dinos aggro on small dinos
medium dinos aggro on medium and small
see the pattern?

a giga is massiven only thing that should aggro is another giga, or dinos who's behaviour are territorial (theri, troodon,...)
if he was on his giga player+dino are seen as massive
if he was not on his giga(just standing on the back) the giga would be massive while the player would be seen as small

what does this mean? that dinos would still attack the player.
if you sit on a giga no rex will attack you
if you stand on a giga, the rex will ignore the giga and attack the player (neutral giga would defend the owner then)

so my question was, IF he was not riding the dino, but standing on-top of it..howcould the theri even reach/attack the player whilst ignoring the giga?

this would be different for ppretty much every dino
yet, for theri they attack EVERYTHING 

I can confirm the bold text isn't true I've been chased by level 5 rexes before

Archived