what are top 3 current problems/bugs in ark according to you?

OttoGrunf

Hello,

We play 70% PvE the rest is single player, PvP and only on official.

1. Auto decay destruction. Just last week a big metal base decayed away on a almost empty official map. Average 15 players.

2. Auto decay dino destruction. Why breed and tame when they just disappear. All official servers are notame servers if one is yea.

3. Fear that the auto decay destruction force players away from official online gaming.

And I am sure that the developers have the one two three down at the moment but in 30 minutes it is another set of 1 2 3 as they solved the first set of one two three problems.

Regards,

Ariana

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Volunteer Moderator
5 hours ago, Arkasaurio said:

1. Duping

2. Undermeshing

If you have proofs of players breaking the rules, please submit a Support Ticket so it can be investigated by a Game Master that will takes actions if necessary. Additionally, if you know any method of duping that you can provide steps to reproduce please do so in your ticket so it can be looked into and patched if need be you. Remember that could also make some money in the process. But please remember, that seeing other tribes with a lot of wealth doesn't necessarily means they are duping or exploiting and they might just be hardcore grinders. ;)

Ex Singleplayer here.

1. Far too many indisputably poor changes forced on all players that really only needed to happen on Official PVP, and they refuse to believe those changes were just bad for some of their paying customers.

2. A complete lack of creativity/polish with too many mechanics. Why are those robot enemies relegated to one end game boss fight that that people will only see once or twice if they ever even do at all? They could have had them ocasionally in the main world as extra threats to have to survive. Hell the floating ones would have been a built in counter to flying mounts from the beginning. Why does eating uncooked food and unboiled water not tive far worse consequense than a weak 10 HP loss. Doing so should wreak hell on the stam, food, and water bars for a day or so. 

Why are boss battles boring gaunlets where you basically just throw rexs at bosses instead of say Allos with their bleed or Chalicos with their poison poop or Thylas. Thylas shouldn't be able to hahg on a wall all day with a player ln their back and all that fear without stam drain anyways so it would hardly be OP. nearly every dino should be a contender and let the gimmicks WC bothered coming up with be useful for something other than PVP. Speaking of gimicks no dinos should be sharing gimmicks. Sure it's more work but they deserve to all do their own unique thind and I don't trust that will be fixed even after the supposed TLC pass.

3. WC you still have a long way to go with improving not only how often you communicate with uour customers but actually getting thd things you people say you will do and in reasonable amounts of time. I don't feel your company deserves me as a continued paying customer the way you have handled yourselves for most of this year, there are plenty of alternatives out there that aren't slipping up so much.

36 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

If you have proofs of players breaking the rules, please submit a Support Ticket so it can be investigated by a Game Master that will takes actions if necessary. Additionally, if you know any method of duping that you can provide steps to reproduce please do so in your ticket so it can be looked into and patched if need be you. Remember that could also make some money in the process. But please remember, that seeing other tribes with a lot of wealth doesn't necessarily means they are duping or exploiting and they might just be hardcore grinders. ;)

I'm totally aware that that many wealthy players get their goods the old fashioned way, lots and lots of grinding. xD

Duping is admittedly hearsay, but it's from people whose word I trust in this regard so take that as you will. Every time I've inadvertently ended up under the map, a quick google search indicates it's a known issue; next time I'll screenshot and submit.

• Volunteer Moderator
7 minutes ago, Arkasaurio said:

Every time I've inadvertently ended up under the map, a quick google search indicates it's a known issue; next time I'll screenshot and submit.

It is a known issue, and has been addressed and a lot of cases has been fixed. Just to take the latest fixed cases from the Patch Notes:

On 3/27/2017 at 10:42 AM, Jatheish said:

v264.5
- Fixed an exploit used to get under the world map.

v265.0
- Fixed 3 exploits used to get under the world map.

v271.2
- Fixed an exploit which would allow players to get under the map

v273.6
- Fixed a way to get unconscious players under-the-ground

They also have a thread where they are seeking for specific locations in the map that can be used to go under the world geometry:

I also remember that they implemented kill volumes under the mesh that insta-kill players/tames that glitch there but pretty sure it doesn't cover inside cliffs, etc.

3 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

It is a known issue, and has been addressed and a lot of cases has been fixed. Just to take the latest fixed cases from the Patch Notes:

They also have a thread where they are seeking for specific locations in the map that can be used to go under the world geometry:

I also remember that they implemented kill volumes under the mesh that insta-kill players/tames that glitch there but pretty sure it doesn't cover inside cliffs, etc.

Agreed, I never said it hasn't been improving, just that it's still a problem (probably). It's not as though it's realistic to go check a bunch of instances when there's a generic patch note that some exploit has been fixed - it's not like I've kept a running log either. If the patch note said, "all known exploits for getting under the world map fixed," I'd go check it out and "try to break it" but with limited game time I'm having too much fun to be unpaid game tester just looking for holes.

Timeouts / boots (seems to be coming from Steam 155.---.---.--- ip for me) steam info here:

Steamworks P2P Networking and Steam Voice Chat

You get flooded and boop, disconnected, this can come from any game you have on steam ^ if it gets an update it will boot you, that is what i've found at least from my experience otherwise... could be fishy activity WC..

Dino Cap : idea

(go for unlimited ty ;) asking a lot i guess if not that allow at least each tribe to reach their tribe tame caps, or even a system where you gain extra spots if you are constantly on "server", so if player plays 3/5/7hours during a week (thats 3 hours+ each day or every other day) + lets say, you gain 10 new Dino slots. <rough idea but yea something like that works for me, i can get things done...

Rendering:

buildings...big ones / if not that player to player in the same area creates some odd lag, some times not all the time.(weird)

10 minutes ago, SCEDeadeye said:

1. it's not fun anymore "bugs lost chr"

2. flyer nerf going to beat this horse until someone understands the fun was lost in this nerf

3. blanket bans on the ark network when you ban 100+ accounts in one go to catch 10% of your cheaters and hit the 90% legit players kills the pop

true story bro

Unintended issues

1.Serverside lag (hopefully to be patched with turret cap)

2. DDossing (still rampant on Xbox at least)

3. Under mapping 

(at least duping has been effectively patched)

poor game features

1. Lack of balance (95% of content is overshadowed and thus useless)

2. Lack of environmental danger (troodons and eels are not the solution, make things that don't completely incompacitate players but pose as a challenge for tribes to defeat)

3. Time grinding > skill and strategy 

1) Random disconnects from server. Terrified to fly high on a dino.

2) Lag. Rubberbanding is torture sometimes. Makes cave runs in lava caves near suicide at times.

3) Dinos getting stuck in buildings. Many a time I've had to demolish part of my base as a rex has got stuck in the foundations or walls. Waste of time and resource.

On 28/11/2017 at 5:07 AM, MsWolfy said:

I play Official pve 1. Sever tame cap 2. Lag 3. Passive dino taming bug (I always tame horses and more than half of the horses I come across, the passive feeding tame suggestion doesnt show up, even though I'm high enough level to tame them (lvl 80), have way more than enough carrots in far right last slot, horse isn't startled, I can't tame it since it doesn't give me the option. I've seen others complain trying to tame bees too because it gave them no option)

this isnt so much of a bug, but more of a aggro thing, if the equus you are taming sarts running, means it is aggroed and wont let you tame it, to fix this you have to get out of render distance so that it loses aggro, but with something such as a bee and its terrible render distance, it ends up beeing a ridicoulus hard tame, and would recommend trying it on weekends only

20 minutes ago, joshuacartoon said:

this isnt so much of a bug, but more of a aggro thing, if the equus you are taming sarts running, means it is aggroed and wont let you tame it, to fix this you have to get out of render distance so that it loses aggro, but with something such as a bee and its terrible render distance, it ends up beeing a ridicoulus hard tame, and would recommend trying it on weekends only

They never start running or are aggroed, I see them, sneak up behind them as they're just walking and prancing around and there's no option. I've even left them alone for an hour and came back after doing other things and still there still wasn't an option. Also back before they got rid of most legacy servers I was in a cave trying to tame a dung beetle and there wasn't a feeding option either but it gave me an option on a different one and let me tame it

On 29/11/2017 at 9:48 PM, Sphere said:

I think a big problem is the unofficial server listings. It in no way shows all the servers that exist, and if the server changes IP address, your favorites are wiped. If only one could use domain names instead of simply IP addresses.

I believe that unofficial server listing is generated by Steam itself and not the ARK team.  The IP issue is due to the server hosts - of which there are many providing hosting for ARK. 

We have a similar situation with our game server and my workaround is to purchase my own domains and edit the  domain records to add a sub-domain which directs to the IP address and port number of my game servers.  Some hosts do provide friendly names - I know my Minecraft host does myname.nitrous.it but I still have my own domain configured too so can use play.mygameserverdomain.co.uk

Guest DJRone89

I host a Xbox Nitrado unofficial cluster but I think many of you will agree that this list can affect anyone:

1) Cannot retrieve address / join failed errors.

2) Snap point misplacement.

3) Dinos not eating while taming/maturing.

Archived