what are top 3 current problems/bugs in ark according to you?

OttoGrunf

i would love if someone from wildcard answer this, im really currious to hear their opinion what are top 3 current problems/bugs in ark at this moment? and while we wait for developers to answer that question, fellow players are free to answer that question but please state do you play pvp or pve and is it official or unofficial server when you posting your answer

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i would love if someone from wildcard answer this, im really currious to hear their opinion what are top 3 current problems/bugs in ark at this moment? and while we wait for developers to answer that question, fellow players are free to answer that question but please state do you play pvp or pve and is it official or unofficial server when you posting your answer
1. Servercap official pve.

Official pve:

1. LAG

Having lag spikes every 5 minutes is very frustrating, sometimes it's not playable.

2. Server cap

I hate having to kill dinos every time I want to tame or breed something. One step forward, two steps back.

3. Building

Placing something thats snapped but it goes in a complete different spot. Not not mention many other issues (Hopefully fixed in S+ integration). 

I know this game has limits for a reason, I understand, but these are issues that need to be solved in one way or another, otherwise people don't want to play.

Personally, the biggest BUG for me is the fact that baby dinos die of starvation WAY too quickly when offline. 

I regularly hatch things over the weekend, and normally thanks to the 2X maturation multiplier (official island europe xbox server 143) they mature before monday when I have to go to work. I am generally away from home for about 10 hours, before I can get back in to see how my dinos are doing. Again this normally doesn't present a problem, with the occational casualty every now and again.

But a Quetz, which I attempted to hatch this weekend, take alot longer. So I made sure I was stocked up on several feeding troths, calculated to last. But when you log off, babies still seem to consume way more than anticipated. So as I logged in when I got home, quetz died like 5 minutes before.

Not happy. And honestly this happens alot in general, I learned to fill alot more troths than needed. Clearly this still wasn't enough for the quetz. 

Doesnt matter what form of the game I play. 

1)kibble tree.

2)imprinting kibble.

Please rework kibble or get rid of it soon. Could solve a few problems with server caps or what not if everyone doesnt need farms full of dinos they dont actually use.

3) uuuumm I ran out of ideas Building mechanics ?. Please add S+ soon. Would love to pick up miss placed walls etc various QoL stuff from that mod would work wonders if they are added.

5 minutes ago, PoorBaby said:

Personally, the biggest BUG for me is the fact that baby dinos die of starvation WAY too quickly when offline. 

I regularly hatch things over the weekend, and normally thanks to the 2X maturation multiplier (official island europe xbox server 143) they mature before monday when I have to go to work. I am generally away from home for about 10 hours, before I can get back in to see how my dinos are doing. Again this normally doesn't present a problem, with the occational casualty every now and again.

But a Quetz, which I attempted to hatch this weekend, take alot longer. So I made sure I was stocked up on several feeding troths, calculated to last. But when you log off, babies still seem to consume way more than anticipated. So as I logged in when I got home, quetz died like 5 minutes before.

Not happy. And honestly this happens alot in general, I learned to fill alot more troths than needed. Clearly this still wasn't enough for the quetz. 

it's a bug that exists since long time (look for threads in this very forum)
what happens is, orp freezes your dinos so it does not eat, it does not lose health
the moment you log in, orp de-activates and your baby food will hit 0 because it did not eat, then it will/
-eat from feeding through if it's not spoiled(another bug, also you can check the threads)
-because food has reached 0 due to spoil bug, the baby will lose health instantly

result: the baby will allways die the EXACT moment you come online, if you think this is coincidence then you are very naive
it will allways die when you come online, not half hour before or after
orp (offline raid protection) is the scource

I play Official pve 1. Sever tame cap 2. Lag 3. Passive dino taming bug (I always tame horses and more than half of the horses I come across, the passive feeding tame suggestion doesnt show up, even though I'm high enough level to tame them (lvl 80), have way more than enough carrots in far right last slot, horse isn't startled, I can't tame it since it doesn't give me the option. I've seen others complain trying to tame bees too because it gave them no option)

6 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

it's a bug that exists since long time (look for threads in this very forum)
what happens is, orp freezes your dinos so it does not eat, it does not lose health
the moment you log in, orp de-activates and your baby food will hit 0 because it did not eat, then it will/
-eat from feeding through if it's not spoiled(another bug, also you can check the threads)
-because food has reached 0 due to spoil bug, the baby will lose health instantly

result: the baby will allways die the EXACT moment you come online, if you think this is coincidence then you are very naive
it will allways die when you come online, not half hour before or after
orp (offline raid protection) is the scource

Is this also the case with PVE? as raids aren't really a thing unless you are on PVP

Also any tips on how to overcome this issue if it's a known one? what can I do to not have any future quetz die?

6 minutes ago, PoorBaby said:

Is this also the case with PVE? as raids aren't really a thing unless you are on PVP

Also any tips on how to overcome this issue if it's a known one? what can I do to not have any future quetz die?

orp is enabled by default on official pve servers so yes you are also affected by this
there are not really tips for this, but what i did when i breed alot, was put a chair in my hatchery and sit on it. i would stay online the entire time and refill throughs now and then
but now that they have added the mechanic that makes you automatically disconnect when you are idle for yoo long..well that doesn't work anymore i'm affraid

you could try to report the issue, i'm pretty sure that in the months this bug is around, NONE ever wrote a complain ;)

just search for "spoil bug" "dead baby bug" or anything simmilar, this issue exists since may n we are now close to december
if they cared, it would have been fixed allready, no?

6 minutes ago, raptorjesus666 said:

orp is enabled by default on official pve servers so yes you are also affected by this
there are not really tips for this, but what i did when i breed alot, was put a chair in my hatchery and sit on it. i would stay online the entire time and refill throughs now and then
but now that they have added the mechanic that makes you automatically disconnect when you are idle for yoo long..well that doesn't work anymore i'm affraid

you could try to report the issue, i'm pretty sure that in the months this bug is around, NONE ever wrote a complain ;)

thanks will try it out

PVE Ark PS4 NA559

1. Total desolation, since ragnarok came out, our server became legacy, cutting off access to everywhere else pretty much killed the server and adjusted nearby acess servers.

2. Ragnarok, while it is an amazing map, only giving access to 4 ps4 ragnarok legacy servers was a really dumb idea, since these 4 servers are instantly capped both taming and land.

3. unlimited build space, again with ragnarok people that did go there built massive bases that take up huge swaths of land mass, limiting structures/distance to base of players in a tribe would go a long way to both consolidate land space for others and really help tribes struggling with one person holding a massive tribeland together by themselves forcing them to add more players to maintain that same base land distance/structure limit. yeah it sucks but when you have tribes putting pillars/ceilings at thousands of yards away simply to keep someone from building nearby is just ignorant greed.

I play unofficial PvE and my hardware is i5-4690K O/c to 4.5Ghz, 32GB DDR3 RAM, 250GB SSD, EVGA GTX 970 OOC.

3)Texture/Render Lag - buildings sometimes take far too long to render the walls etc.  Not a big deal, just have to be a little patient and wait for doors and such to load in before I can find them to leave the building.

2) Rubber banding - Doesn't happen as often as it used to but still have the odd issue of banding, usually when navigating my way through our tames.

1) Hitbox glitches.  Getting stuck due to your other tames or even wilds literally jamming themselves through/into you/your mount.

I play PvE on my own rented server so don't have most issues others have relating to caps and limits or alpha tribes destroying everything.

PVE Ark PS4 NA559

1. Total desolation, since ragnarok came out, our server became legacy, cutting off access to everywhere else pretty much killed the server and adjusted nearby acess servers.
2. Ragnarok, while it is an amazing map, only giving access to 4 ps4 ragnarok legacy servers was a really dumb idea, since these 4 servers are instantly capped both taming and land.
3. unlimited build space, again with ragnarok people that did go there built massive bases that take up huge swaths of land mass, limiting structures/distance to base of players in a tribe would go a long way to both consolidate land space for others and really help tribes struggling with one person holding a massive tribeland together by themselves forcing them to add more players to maintain that same base land distance/structure limit. yeah it sucks but when you have tribes putting pillars/ceilings at thousands of yards away simply to keep someone from building nearby is just ignorant greed.

I disagree. You need bases to be spread apart by at least one whole render block to limit the structure and Dino loading lag. I have pillared a full render block outside my base in 360 degrees. Others in the server haven't and now we have clusters of 2 or 3 large bases all trying to render in while you fly over them making it freeze the game or sometimes crashing it. There are now huge areas of the map classed as no fly zones unless to go high enough to prevent rendering. At least dinosaur and resources spawn around my base unlike the lag fest wastelands around those who did not pillar.

Main thing that gets under my skin, why wont my flyers land when and where commanded to.  Wyverns are by far the worst culprit and also my favorite fliers.  Assuming this is due to the net code and hit boxes but who isnt tired of hitting the button to land and watching your mount go in circles for sometimes over a minute if you let it play out.  Next would be the server instability and just the lack of polish on this "full release" game.

Archived