A Day in the Life of an offical PVE Player

Rubble

The thread talks about official PVE. Yes, WE KNOW there are people out there who like PVP or like Unofficial better, but don't try to force your vision onto us... Stop going off-topic please.

Why do I like Official PVE? Because I like playing in a big community on the vanilla game, I like trading on a big scale, etc... If I'm comfortable with that that's my problem, if you're comfortable with Unofficial or PVP, that's your problem, period.

About the issue at hand, I share the pain of the OP as others in the thread do and won't be buying the DLC as long as the devs don't adress the lack of PVE servers...

201hos.jpg

Since launch we have been lacking servers on a daily basis. At first it was because of 100+ players trying to connect on servers that can hold a max of 70 players at one given time.

Now this problem has vanished (don't know if it's because of people tired of waiting for more servers and just quitting?). A new problem however has risen after that. The tame cap on almost all PVE-servers has been reached, this has lead to people not being able to tame/raise dinos at peak hours and people once again quitting Ark.

I've had to see 4+ allies (not counting other friends) leaving Ark completely (not even switching to Unofficial) because of said tame cap. You might think the situation is clearing up, but not because of the right reasons. We're able to tame and raise more and more every day, but that's just because of all the people that have left us, tired of waiting, saying they'll only come back if a solution is implemented (more servers mostly).

SaveTheArkNetwork2.jpg

21 minutes ago, hollander said:

You got wiped recently didint you? Im still spitting the salt away from your comment

No I play PVE only. Can't say nice try either, cuz I implied my dislike towards PVP servers in my post. All I'm saying is there is no need to be so smug towards the PVE community. Nothing makes a PVP'er superior. Absolutely nothing.

56 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

No I play PVE only. Can't say nice try either, cuz I implied my dislike towards PVP servers in my post. All I'm saying is there is no need to be so smug towards the PVE community. Nothing makes a PVP'er superior. Absolutely nothing.

Thank goodness someone else said it. I get tired of people with a superiority complex towards their respective game type or mode. Not one game mode is the superior one. 

1 hour ago, Pic1 said:

It actually does man. But because you lack interest in pvp is the reason you dont know why it really does.

i respect every arker from the people that wiped and griefed me to single player players and official pve players.

trust me i really do, its just that its mere inpossible to play pve with the animal cap. And that is sad that the pve community got stabbed in the back like that.

we all love the game guys. Its just pvp is the most harsh inviroment to evolve in. Thats why pvp is the most hardcore thing out there and thats where true survivors of survival gets born. 

But that doesnt change the fact that i feel sad for you people that you've been treated this way. And if i could do anything about it i would.

23 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Thank goodness someone else said it. I get tired of people with a superiority complex towards their respective game type or mode. Not one game mode is the superior one. 

It actually does. Fighting lvl 40 raptors or fighting an alfa tribe is alot diffrent. Its just that it doesnt matter whatever you like, you should play the way you want it. I dont get the anger from people here when pvpers are trying to get you on board like i do. 

It would make the pvp community alot better if we had more pve mindset players. Your welcome to join my tribe. Nothing about superiority

1 minute ago, Olivar said:

Told ya

Heh

4 minutes ago, hollander said:

thats where true survivors of survival gets born.

Yeah right, don't make me laugh. I'm sure it takes real 'skill' in killing a level 1 underwear noob on the beach with your 200+ dino. There's nothing "harsh" about spending unhealthy amounts of hours on the game maintaining turrets or grinding countless metal to build a big box for your tribe. Waking up one day and finding out that your base and dinos was wiped while you were asleep last night by some alpha who din't like your name doesn't mean you're on the path to become a "true survivor". Besides, even if you think pvp mode is better, keep your beliefs to yourself and spare us your smug sense of superiority. People can have a million reasons for playing PVE and they shouldn't feel mistreated by a game for doing so, especially when PVE mode is a part of said game.

3 minutes ago, hollander said:

Its just that it doesnt matter whatever you like, you should play the way you want it.

Well, good. That's all I wanted you to understand. My work is done.

2 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

Heh

Yeah right, don't make me laugh. I'm sure it takes real 'skill' in killing a level 1 underwear noob on the beach with your 200+ dino. There's nothing "harsh" about spending unhealthy amounts of hours on the game maintaining turrets or grinding countless metal to build a big box for your tribe. Waking up one day and finding out that your base and dinos was wiped while you were asleep last night by some alpha who din't like your name doesn't mean you're on the path to become a "true survivor". Besides, even if you think pvp mode is better, keep your beliefs to yourself and spare us your smug sense of superiority. People can have a million reasons for playing PVE and they shouldn't feel mistreated by a game for doing so, especially when PVE mode is a part of said game.

Well, good. That's all I wanted you to understand. My work is done.

The amount of anger coming from you actually worries me a bit man! You only quote what you want to quote from a well thought over line of text you take the wrong way in my honest opinion.

i play official and lisnen to this... 

i aint no alfa.. no ugly metal box eather.. i work as an aluminum welder in the netherlands. Got a kid thats 3 years old which makes me not have to time to grind countless hours on official.

what annoys alot of us "pvp" players is the lack of knowledge you pve players have about actual pvp playing. Its not always like you described it will be. I play solo. I dont kill beach bobs as i dont even come to the beach since i remain "hidden" 

no lights at night, no talking in chat. No trading.. no tamed birds on my server to another server to raid.

i dont kill passives as i cant afford people to know my name or tribe name.. i raid secretly. Knock people out with a mc club and then force feed them rotten meat so they die without a kill message.

if you dont want people to adress to you the way i possibly did to you(unintentionally) dont do the same to other people. As all you do is judge to. Pvp is a wide and open spectrum. Making it possible to play pve or pvp. Maybe its your quick on your toe's character that gotten you killed. As i would certainly attack you if i found you on an official server with that attitude.

no hard feelings though. As i do understand your complaints about pve. And i feel that there needs to be more attention towards the pve community.

8 minutes ago, hollander said:

The amount of anger coming from you actually worries me a bit man! You only quote what you want to quote from a well thought over line of text you take the wrong way in my honest opinion.

i play official and lisnen to this... 

i aint no alfa.. no ugly metal box eather.. i work as an aluminum welder in the netherlands. Got a kid thats 3 years old which makes me not have to time to grind countless hours on official.

what annoys alot of us "pvp" players is the lack of knowledge you pve players have about actual pvp playing. Its not always like you described it will be. I play solo. I dont kill beach bobs as i dont even come to the beach since i remain "hidden" 

no lights at night, no talking in chat. No trading.. no tamed birds on my server to another server to raid.

i dont kill passives as i cant afford people to know my name or tribe name.. i raid secretly. Knock people out with a mc club and then force feed them rotten meat so they die without a kill message.

if you dont want people to adress to you the way i possibly did to you(unintentionally) dont do the same to other people. As all you do is judge to. Pvp is a wide and open spectrum. Making it possible to play pve or pvp. Maybe its your quick on your toe's character that gotten you killed. As i would certainly attack you if i found you on an official server with that attitude.

no hard feelings though. As i do understand your complaints about pve. And i feel that there needs to be more attention towards the pve community.

On 28-11-2017 at 9:24 AM, hollander said:

Dont play pve then! Go be a real survivor at the official pvp servers!

Riiiiiiiight... You're a beacon of respect.

Don't say you didn't start this. The exclamation marks didn't help either ^^

Suck it up, admit you were wrong and apologise so we can move on cause I think it'll go out of control otherwise ;)

1 minute ago, Maedean Shepard said:

"Dont play pve then! Go be a real survivor at the official pvp servers!"

Riiiiiiiight... You're a beacon of respect.

Don't say you didn't start this. The exclamation marks didn't help either ^^

Suck it up, admit you were wrong and apologise so we can move on cause I think it'll go out of control otherwise ;)

Hahaha great comment man.. respect

i understand after reading it again, it may came over a bit condescending. Which i absoluteley didint have inte tion to do! I do take back the way i said it over there. But it wasnt ment to insult anyone. 

Maybe other pvpers act like there a god or something for playing pvp. I dont see it that way. But i do see alot of wrong information pic01 is trowing out!

it doesnt matter how you play guys, it just seems you pvers arent rly enjoying pve anymore..

2 minutes ago, hollander said:

no hard feelings though.

Heh, yeah I love how some people go "chill man" when they're losing an argument, as if that proves their point. No, I normally just quote one line and then reply to the entire post. Read my previous reply again if you think I'm wrong.

Anyways, so basically what you're saying is you have a small hidden base, you sneak around offline bases and knock their tames down and poison them to death. Real skill there, buddy. And no talking in chat? Sounds like a fun community. The ONLY reason I came after you was entirely because of your smug attitude towards OP just because he chose PVE. The only reason someone would judge you is if you put yourself out there.

I hope you will forgive me if I don't entertain your childish attempts at provoking me with you 'wiped' comments. And I don't care whether you think PVE community deserves more attention or not as long as you don't work for wildcard. These forums are here to give WC feedback and complaints are, whether you like it or not, a form of feedback.

2 minutes ago, Pic1 said:

Heh, yeah I love how some people go "chill man" when they're losing an argument, as if that proves their point. No, I normally just quote one line and then reply to the entire post. Read my previous reply again if you think I'm wrong.

Anyways, so basically what you're saying is you have a small hidden base, you sneak around offline bases and knock their tames down and poison them to death. Real skill there, buddy. And no talking in chat? Sounds like a fun community. The ONLY reason I came after you was entirely because of your smug attitude towards OP just because he chose PVE. The only reason someone would judge you is if you put yourself out there.

I hope you will forgive me if I don't entertain your childish attempts at provoking me with you 'wiped' comments. And I don't care whether you think PVE community deserves more attention or not as long as you don't work for wildcard. These forums are here to give WC feedback and complaints are, whether you like it or not, a form of feedback.

It takes real skill living solo in a official server pal. Especially if the friendly alfa tribe is wiped 2 weeks ago.

the server im in was a really good community. People helping and trading eachother. But a tribe named riot squad ended that. I gotta do what i gotta do to keep alive in official. And i dont only go around offline bases. But it is the best way for me to get loot or stuff done without grinding to much.

you trow so much salt at me its incredible. Stop crying about people judging you if you dont do anything better then that. And losing an argument? Whats to lose my dear friend? Its your opinion against mine. That aint losing an argument. Back those words up

2 minutes ago, hollander said:

Back those words up

No. I'm almost sure you already understood my point. The situation on your server sounds so sad to me I wouldn't play on it if I was paid. Childish comments like "why so angry" or "keep crying" not only don't help with your argument, they end up making you look.. childish. But...

15 minutes ago, hollander said:

i understand after reading it again, it may came over a bit condescending. Which i absoluteley didint have inte tion to do! I do take back the way i said it over there.

Since you said that^, I am going to end this argument with great satisfaction. Have a great day. :)

49 minutes ago, hollander said:

Hahaha great comment man.. respect

i understand after reading it again, it may came over a bit condescending. Which i absoluteley didint have inte tion to do! I do take back the way i said it over there. But it wasnt ment to insult anyone. 

Maybe other pvpers act like there a god or something for playing pvp. I dont see it that way. But i do see alot of wrong information pic01 is trowing out!

it doesnt matter how you play guys, it just seems you pvers arent rly enjoying pve anymore..

Dude!
Did you just admit you made a mistake?
On the Internet?
That's not how this works!

4 hours ago, Pic1 said:

Heh, your story kinda reminds me of mine. Everything was going great till WC suddenly announced no support for legacy so our alliance decided to migrate to the new servers. Again, same issues as you... 70/70 madness initially till the server hit tame cap. We still tried to keep everything together, until two of our friends decided to quit without saying anything and began playing DnL. After a few wewks one couple stopped playing regularly... turns out the wife had work issues while the husband got tired of WC and bought other games. He still logs in weekly to feed his dinos lol.

Then a couple of weeks ago my tribemate announced she no longer wants to play official (but she despises unofficial) and began playing single player. She invited me for non-dedicated sessions but we don't always play during the same time so it din't work out. So to summarize in just over a month's time an alliance of 6+ members disintegrated into a tribe of just me. Right now I'm trying an unofficial server out, might try abberation on single player when it releases, but once thing is certain. No force on earth is going to make me buy one more product from this company. I am not dissing the developers, who have done an amazing job. But the management is without a doubt the most unprofessional team I've ever had the misfortune of witnessing. 

I quit playing back on October 6th. Just got tired of the wait times to get on, and then the server hit tame cap. Just could not take it anymore. I can't deal with pvp, and I don't want to waste my time in unofficial.

As you said, I will never buy another product from WC. I did buy the season pass, regret wasting my money now. Lack of communication, miscommunication, going back on things they said, IE cutting support for legacy servers, lack of PVE servers on launch.... I loved the game, sadly since just before launch I feel the game has gone down hill.

On 11/28/2017 at 12:04 AM, Rubble said:

A Day in the life of an official pve player - Log in go to fridge drop a fert egg on ground sure enough to many tamed dinos on server , put egg back in fridge , go feed the few dinos that we did manage to get, Talk for a few mins with tribe mates about good old days on legacy where tame cap was never an issue, wonder why we ever moved to new servers then remember legacy no longer has any support. total time about 10 mins, then log out, browse thru steam for other games maybe we will buy something with money that we originally were going to buy aberration with, but decided against as current state of main game no longer inspires us to invest any more money in ark. Hope to see some changes soon that will convince us that ark will return to the game we used to love playing as often as we could.

Well that's my 2 cents worth :)

That is so funny! But more sad because of just how true it is.

On 11/28/2017 at 4:41 AM, Pic1 said:

Let me make it simpler so you can understand: Have you ever tried to fit 10 people in a tiny car? That's how pve players feel right now. There aren't even 60 official pve servers for pc (including NA, OC and EU). How many people do you want to stuff in those 58 servers?

That right there is it. Ark right now is a clown car. Many levels of that statement is true. Literally and figuratively. Especially since it is not obvious to all the sad clowns. The clowns are fighting each other and pointing fingers "witch hunt style" at each other to blame the other clowns that they don't all fit in the tiny car.

"You have too many dodos!!!" 

"You have too many rexes!!"

"You're breeding parasaurs?!?!?! You are why we are tame capped!!!"

I just wish we could get something from the WC team about why they chose, and are sticking with that choice, to not make enough servers to support all those who want to play the game.

Guest DJRone89
15 hours ago, hollander said:

It takes real skill living solo in a official server pal. Especially if the friendly alfa tribe is wiped 2 weeks ago.

the server im in was a really good community. People helping and trading eachother. But a tribe named riot squad ended that. I gotta do what i gotta do to keep alive in official. And i dont only go around offline bases. But it is the best way for me to get loot or stuff done without grinding to much.

you trow so much salt at me its incredible. Stop crying about people judging you if you dont do anything better then that. And losing an argument? Whats to lose my dear friend? Its your opinion against mine. That aint losing an argument. Back those words up

You literally come on to a PvE thread as a PvP player and command that we respect you because “PvP is superior to PvE” regardless of what our play styles are. But get this, we are the trolls and salty ones. I’m trying to understand your logic?

On 11/28/2017 at 12:41 PM, Pic1 said:

And OP: I say getting your own server and play with your tribemates is the best bet right now, friend. I know the downside of playing on an unofficial server, but what are you going to do if you can't play 80% of the game on official?

Playing Non-Dedicated sessions with the host tether turned off gets the same result :)

• Jerryn locked this topic

Archived