Do the Dev's even Read these Forums

espirit52

I continually keep seeing over and over again the same problems arising in the forums and comments but nothing gets addressed , fixed or answered.  Legacy Servers stand empty and not used and the server quantity for the new Official's across the board was a joke causing wides spread crowding and impossible server joining at the start leading too mass server capping in the end. We got a 3x bonus last weekend great if you want too farm and build , absolutely useless for taming or breeding on all of the servers I play on because they were all capped. Wildcard are only too quick to answer about what things they have coming all the crap stuff like player base decreasing fast they sweep under the rug and hope it goes away. Or are the mechanics of this game really so broken it cant be fixed and its just a matter of milking the cash cow till its dead.  So now comes Aberration, as far as I can see going by all other releases it will go like this, Rush in big tribes mass pillar and thatch plates everywhere,  Crowding and blocking of resources leading too server capping because of low world dino numbers and large tribe greed and over taming.  And all the while why people are asking in this Forum why we stand and wait for answers that never come. 

• Volunteer Moderator

While re-purposing some more legacy servers could help, saying Wildcard doesn't care or that server cap doesn't get addressed is not fully right. Like I said into another thread, they are actively trying to find solutions to that problem:

On 11/22/2017 at 9:30 AM, invincibleqc said:

The thing is that there is no "magic solution" for server cap. The only solution that would "fix" it would be to disable taming completely. Wildcard does everything they can to find solution to that problem. They first started by adding a per-tribe tame limit. Players started using alt accounts to store creatures and bypass said limit. Now they disabled claiming. They also are currently working on a re-work of the kibbles tree which will make players not having to hoard dozens of females of each species just to cover their taming/imprinting. But this requires a lot of testing, because it will affects a very large portion of the game so they have to their time to implement it correctly. Also, Raw Mutton was definitely a beneficial step into that direction. In conclusion, everything they can do to help is more than welcome and are all a piece of the solution to the problem.

30 minutes ago, Chris said:

We read this forum every day and take on board what our players are giving us feedback on. 

I posted an awesome code fix in the bug forum, but you didn't use it. You are not listening. /Logic.

I just love how people throw tantrums without doing any research. Wildcard is for me similar to carbine where developers and Cm are active in forums, social media and streams.

Sure they might not do the thing YOU specifically want, but they are definitely listening. 

Perhaps one thing: can you collect all info and always summarise on the main site. Still too often I have to hunt down various platforms to get all info.

Guest DJRone89
3 minutes ago, Olivar said:

I posted an awesome code fix in the bug forum, but you didn't use it. You are not listening. /Logic.

I just love how people throw tantrums without doing any research. Wildcard is for me similar to carbine where developers and Cm are active in forums, social media and streams.

Sure they might not do the thing YOU specifically want, but they are definitely listening. 

Perhaps one thing: can you collect all info and always summarise on the main site. Still too often I have to hunt down various platforms to get all info.

This right here. Although it has improved, hunting down info on upcoming Xbox patches is a nightmare.

Please devs can you just update the patch notes to let us know when it’s in certification instead of searching through a few of your twitter profiles. Sometimes it’s even a reply to someone :( Info shouldn’t be this hard to come by when you have an official forum.

they need to limit the number of tribes people can have across all servers. ye there's tribe limit but there are some people with 10 tribes in different servers all with 500 dinos using those servers as their barn so they can keep taming on their main server. it's unfair for the players who only play on 1 or 2 servers and actually have to sacrifice their dinos while the tribes that already transferred their dinos get to fill other servers with their useless dinos. it's either that or they make clusters where theres only 1 server for each map. 

1 hour ago, Chris said:

We read this forum every day and take on board what our players are giving us feedback on. 

You actually read the "bug reports" section then?
I got a huge thread with over 180 bugs posted. You think your "staff" can solve some of these bugs in the near future? Some of them are very _VERY_ self explanatory and require no further explanation.
Noone is expecting to solve them all, since - you know - almost impossible.

I was one of the Legacy players screaming no don't kill our server's and I admit I was wrong on that point Aberration will at least clear the current new servers so they will be playable again because they are only good for building and hoarding right now. I don't mean to be hard on this but the Legacy servers are really a non event right now and could open up so much more unless there are factors we are not aware of .  That would be my first fix open a bunch of new official servers at the same time you open Aberration . And too answer those people that accuse me of a mad tirade well 9400 hrs on this character and 1400 hrs on my other account  2 years of game time since early access, I don't  normally have a bitch on a whim.  Would it take so much time to have a regular place in forums or a link too what actual problems are being addressed so we are not left in the dark. 

1 hour ago, espirit52 said:

I was one of the Legacy players screaming no don't kill our server's and I admit I was wrong on that point Aberration will at least clear the current new servers so they will be playable again because they are only good for building and hoarding right now. I don't mean to be hard on this but the Legacy servers are really a non event right now and could open up so much more unless there are factors we are not aware of .  That would be my first fix open a bunch of new official servers at the same time you open Aberration . And too answer those people that accuse me of a mad tirade well 9400 hrs on this character and 1400 hrs on my other account  2 years of game time since early access, I don't  normally have a bitch on a whim.  Would it take so much time to have a regular place in forums or a link too what actual problems are being addressed so we are not left in the dark. 

Legacy could have survived had they not separated it and removed support. Those two things together were the nail in the coffin of legacy. Instead of saving legacy as they did, they should have just removed it and repurposed all the servers for the new supported network (although from what I read on the forums, support for the new cluster is as big of a joke as it was on legacy)

Archived