Alpha Manticore/Dragon Turtle Tank Strat

Toqs

I'm currently breeding high hp turtles in hopes that it makes my alpha runes easier and was wondering if anyone might have experience in the Ragnarok arena with this. 

I currently use 18 Theriz 1 Yuty 1 Daeodon but I want to implement a turtle to kite away the golems from the Theriz and clear up some space in the middle of the arena.

New comp:

1 Turtle

17 Theriz 

1 Daeodon

1 Yuty

Strat:

Shred Dragon in first 5min of fight with Theriz. After dragon is down the turtle will enter the fight at approximately 30k hp with an asc saddle/beer and rare flowers. Flowers will be used to kite away golems and free up room for theriz to not tank golem dmg or get locked up on them. I realize some will say manticore will target turtle but that won't matter. I'm just trying to kite golems away so that 9 shooters can freely take down manticore since it rarely lands. Most damage taken from this fight in my experience is the 10min of golems swinging on other dinos after dragon is down. If this strat works how I think it will, the use of a daeodon may not be needed and another theriz can be added. 

I'll make a post on the outcome this weekend. 

Main reason behind this addition of the turtle is to do multiple alpha runs back to back. 

8 minutes ago, Wazzamaniac said:

Two things: 

-turtles can't eat veggie cakes anymore I think.

-Rare flowers do not work on boss minions. And they don't work on golems anyway.

Wouldve been interesting, though :)

Is there a post about rare flowers not working? Was talking to someone last night who said they tried and the bosses just focused the turtle.

Not too worried if turtles cant eat cakes. They are tanky enough as it is

Archived