RIP ARK? More Content or More Fixes?

CrackerJackx13

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Every game has bugs, even after a campaign to fix all bugs. I have seen and been witness to all sorts of movements in the gaming industry. You won't be able to rid yourselves of game bugs. Some cannot even be fixed, as the reasons for why they exist made no logical sense when reviewed as code. To fix it, requires rewriting the game mechanic in some cases, which can be sometimes not worth the effort for the result to make something work as intended.

And then you need new content, because otherwise the game becomes stale for the audience. This game is a sandbox type game, to an extent that is. It is somewhat like a theme park. However to make a theme park continue to be attractive, you need new content, you need something to continue to do. However the current game imho is set to keep people needing to play, rather than wanting to play. Not needing to because of an addiction, but rather a need to keep their stuff alive and active on official. However this is stupid, because people have jobs, people have social lives, unless you hate people, and people have other games. So as a result, you have people taking care of dinosaurs, rather than enjoying other aspects of the game itself.

25 minutes ago, razorbak91313 said:

I think a bit of both.  Work on fixing issues and bugs and spend some effort and time into providing small content boosts.  The biggest issues right now is tame cap and lag. work on fixing those before dumping major content

I agree with both. I dont want to be without any new content for 6-12 months just because minority on officials has issues. On other side I agree that fixes should be done. So both.

On the one side without releasing new content ARK becomes extremely repetitive, build, tame, breed and repeat, which leads to players leaving the game, because they have nothing interesting to do. On the another side everyone can admit the game feels unfinished, lacks Quality of Life updates (some of them were pushed back after DLC premiere), it's laggy and servers and client performance is terrible. You cannot expand the game on bugged fundations and outdated, inefficent code, because problems would only accumulate. 

Personally, I could not care less about upcoming content when server rubberbands me every ten seconds, game freezes when world is saved or my framerate drops by 30 fps for no reason on 2000 euros PC. It simply kills my enjoyment and reminds me constantly this is still Early Access quality game for 60$.

4 minutes ago, Lickimus said:

I am maybe in a bad mood today. Feel like I had enough of this game.

Lost so much last weeks due to rollbacls and sudden logouts when fighting etc. Love the game but cant continue like this.

Seems the support dont care so dont know what to do...

That sucks.
hope you get your stuff back somehow.

4 minutes ago, Lickimus said:

I am maybe in a bad mood today. Feel like I had enough of this game.

Lost so much last weeks due to rollbacls and sudden logouts when fighting etc. Love the game but cant continue like this.

Seems the support dont care so dont know what to do...

time to stop playing, find some new fun game to play with your friends

when a game which only purpose is to entertain you, no longer does that and even frustrates you then it's time to say goodbye

They should add micro transactions for cosmetics to start and eventually transition into stuff that will help decrease the grind for people who work all day, they pay for it instead of spend extra time farming. kibble, basic crafting matts, premium crafting bonuses, XP Buffs, etc. The kind of stuff that wont mess with balance too much or give anyone an unfair advantage.

This will help generate extra passive revenue and will help fund to keep servers running or possibly open more servers, even?

Look at the cosmetics in wow and how successful it is. Everyone has multiple mounts, transmogs, etc. Why not a similar business model for ARK?

What does the future have in store after the second DLC on the season pass comes out? Another season pass? lol

Lets get the devs to focus more on streamlining the game and fixing it properly instead of the vicious circle of adding more onto the pile of broken things to fix.

Micro transactions is the way to go. Lots of games have been successful and I feel it will fit in nicely with ark if done right.

6 minutes ago, Demerus said:

Micro transactions is the way to go. Lots of games have been successful and I feel it will fit in nicely with ark if done right.

Ok this is probably a knee jerk reaction giving recent circumstances recently and personal opinion, but Please no. Anything but microtransactions. If you ask me microtransactions are the scourge of modern day gaming.

False dichotomy is false.

No game chooses between content and fixes, this same "question" gets "asked" in all online dynamic games and it's always nonsense. It will always be true that they work on both content and fixes at all times. If you play a game that focuses on only content or only fixes, you can guarantee that game is in the process of being shut down. That's just how it works and no amount of "discussion in the community" is ever going to change it.

I've said before that they should just do all the add ons at once then start fixing the game.. the way it is now they add something new which creates issues then they get all that all fixed only to put in another new item which ultimately adds new issues again so they have to fix those then again and again and again.. add it all in one big update maps included that way they can just concentrate on optimization.

Its probably unrealistic but I've seen new issues arise with every update so why not add it all then work on fixing it 

30 minutes ago, reddotjellytot said:

No more content until the game is fixed, I don't see the point in adding more bugs to the current ones, oh and sort the damn servers out.

ARK is currently heading down the R.I.P path. To be honest I love the game but it's only a matter of time before we all get bored and go somewhere else :( 

Every game is heading down that path. So are people.

I think ark truly has a huge amount of content that most players will never touch because either it's too costly to use, like many tek things or it's simply not useful in the games meta. I bet if someone made a server with only 10% of the Dino's in the game of a pvp players choosing most players would hardly notice. The Giga automatically beats any other creature in the game in both pvp and pve settings (exactly as intended, it's unbalanced by nature), so nobody dares to use allos or even spinos in a raid. The point is the devs could greatly increase the longativity of the game if they balanced it to make everything useful and competitive in some way or another ( Dino TLC patch is very much needed).

as far as bugs go I think the game runs very smoothly, on very low populated servers like most scorched or islands, ragnarok is absolute trash performance wise and I know it's not the map because it runs great in single player, the problem is the amount of large tribes on it. because it has been so popular and it has lots of room for large tribes to coexist, hopefully the turret cap will fix this issue but I fear it may not be the whole problem.

i do not know what the pve situation is like first hand but I have heard about the tame caps being hit. The environment in the game is really not a threat after the first few days of playing if a tribe has its priorities straight. Additions like eels and troodons have been attempts to increase this threat but they really do not impact the end game other than angering players as they wait absolutely helpless while a troodon is munching on them. I'd like to see more alpha creatures of a higher tier like more abundant alpha Rexes or alpha spinos that might take more than one player and tame to take down.

3 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Ok this is probably a knee jerk reaction giving recent circumstances recently and personal opinion, but Please no. Anything but microtransactions. If you ask me microtransactions are the scourge of modern day gaming.

how else will they pay for maintaining official servers? Endless DLC without focusing on the core game forever?

Wild card should start working on Survive the Ark ll. Write this game off as a great step to something bigger and better. I love ark and have spent thousands of hours living here but the lag has now started to get the better of me. For me this is the GTA 3 of survival games. Bring on the San Andreas.......most of you probably wernt born!!!

3 hours ago, CaptainRaa said:

Wild card should start working on Survive the Ark ll. Write this game off as a great step to something bigger and better. I love ark and have spent thousands of hours living here but the lag has now started to get the better of me. For me this is the GTA 3 of survival games. Bring on the San Andreas.......most of you probably wernt born!!!

lol, game barely left early access (game still is early access just not in "title")

and here you are asking for game 2 allready

yea, no

Archived