Damage + areas on Scorched Earth

TinkerToy

So I was wondering this, having found a nifty niche in an SE Server's canyon system, but what exactly causes certain areas of the map to have damage increases to either structures or tames?  I'm mostly concerned regarding if areas of the cliff system in Scorched earth, by the artifact cave, are treated as 6x damage zones.  Dn't want to build a small well hidden base and then find out I can be raided with a single grenade.

Anyone able to advise, or link a post that has checked into the areas where damage is increased on the maps, would be of great help.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, TinkerToy said:

So I was wondering this, having found a nifty niche in an SE Server's canyon system, but what exactly causes certain areas of the map to have damage increases to either structures or tames?  I'm mostly concerned regarding if areas of the cliff system in Scorched earth, by the artifact cave, are treated as 6x damage zones.  Dn't want to build a small well hidden base and then find out I can be raided with a single grenade.

Anyone able to advise, or link a post that has checked into the areas where damage is increased on the maps, would be of great help.

Caves with one entrance are multiplied damage caves. 

OR 

An easy way to check, is if you look into the cave and it's unrendered OR you get a loading delay when entering it. It's a damage multiplier cave. 

Here is a video by the way that might be able to help you

• 2 months later...
On 11/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, TinkerToy said:

6x damage doesn't apply unless you are built on/around the platform of an Obelisk or inside a Cave. You will know if you are inside a cave if that's what your location says on your inventory screen.

Scorched Caves are.. Ruins of Nosti, Grave of Tyrants and The Old Tunnels

• 5 months later...

Archived