This Needs To Stop...

Dylan1602

I've been playing Ark for 10,000 hours now and I think...

Saying how long you've been playing the game doesn't make you special or your point any more valid. Just state or say what you want to get across to the community and leave it at that. Saying you've played the game for x amount of hours doesn't give you some sort of entitlement, it just makes you look childish. 

C'mon guys, lets cut this out and talk about things all on a level playing field.

What I love seeing on gaming forums are the people who are insulted at the "nolife" accusations. They usually give some excuse like they have 3 children and work 60 hours a week, yet they have 100+ days combined play time :D I know it's not my place to "judge" but come on..A parent shouldn't be spending more time on a video game than family. 

Those kids must be pretty miserable. 

8 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

Saying how long you've been playing the game doesn't make you special or your point any more valid. Just state or say what you want to get across to the community and leave it at that. Saying you've played the game for x amount of hours doesn't give you some sort of entitlement, it just makes you look childish. 

C'mon guys, lets cut this out and talk about things all on a level playing field.

i agree 100%. the time you have played says nothing.

you can have played 1000 h in singleplayer and miss the hole gameplay in pvp.

I dont mind people mentioning the hours they've played, regardless of how many, if it's basically their indirect way of saying " I'm experienced enough, so please hear me out", which is usually how they intend to use it. 

Obviously I have no way of checking their hours played and its irrelevant to me regardless- but those who use it and then make really petty arguments or statements afterwards, sure, it's irritating. Let them be xP

• Volunteer Moderator
2 minutes ago, Critter said:

I dont mind people mentioning the hours they've played, regardless of how many, if it's basically their indirect way of saying " I'm experienced enough, so please hear me out", which is usually how they intend to use it.

Am I experienced enough? :$

OtlPndo.png

In all seriousness, Steam time doesn't equals Play time and I totally agree that this should not be used as "experience" nor as an "argument" to prove a point. I was AFKing on the main menu 75% if not more of that time because I was rarely closing the game except for updates at some point. But hey, if players feels their play time needs to be mentioned it most likely means that their arguments are invalid as a whole - just saying. :)

9 hours ago, Dylan1602 said:

But how else am I going to let everyone else know about how I have the age-old no-life wisdom enough to stare down a giga from 1000yards and enrage that sucker!

...How!? The public must know.

Just now, Joebl0w13 said:

I’ve been playing for 20,000 hours now and I agree with you. 

I'm hitting the 30,000 hours.

x9dUvCu.jpg

Oh wait, we're being serious here.
I mean the amount of hours played has some value, but it's not something to blindly stare on.......
Might as well have 5000 hours logged, where 4000 are sitting afk at base waiting for the next feed/imprint timer....

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Olivar said:

I'm hitting the 30,000 hours.

x9dUvCu.jpg

Oh wait, we're being serious here.
I mean the amount of hours played has some value, but it's not something to blindly stare on.......
Might as well have 5000 hours logged, where 4000 are sitting afk at base waiting for the next feed/imprint timer....

40,000 hours or go home. 

Time played is a general indicator of how experienced you are at the game and therefore someone with 2000 hours is more likely to not make poor suggestions then someone with say 200 hours might do. I think though PVP vs PVE player is an even better indicator of a player's worth. You look at what PVP players say and then compare then to PVE and they are miles apart.

That said time played isn't everything. There are a lot of players out there that for whatever reason to not seem to change or adapt. To give you an example I know of a player who has close to 3000 hours and yet is still shockingly bad at this game. From designing a smart base to combat he just has no clue, if you didn't know how many hours he had you would think he was almost new to the game.

Guest DJRone89

I have 3465 hours logged on Xbox but I reckon 1000+ of those are me just chatting in a party, distracted, working out what I was doing or going to do lol. Besides with a game as grindy as this, hours played genuinely means nothing.

17 hours ago, FrankTheCaesar said:

What I love seeing on gaming forums are the people who are insulted at the "nolife" accusations. They usually give some excuse like they have 3 children and work 60 hours a week, yet they have 100+ days combined play time :D I know it's not my place to "judge" but come on..A parent shouldn't be spending more time on a video game than family. 

Those kids must be pretty miserable. 

I've played quite a long time but my daughter is anything but miserable as she also plays along with us on our own rented servers.  That's if we aren't playing other games together - Minecraft, Just Survive and she also plays her own games - Garys Mod, Minecraft Story Mode and The Sims 4.

I agree though, hours don't matter - especially when the majority of them in this game are simply grinding or waiting for things to tame etc.

Archived