Egg Drops

TylerTheDoctor

So, I've been doing research on how to get the most efficient egg farm, and I'm a little confused on one bit. Do you or your tribe have to be in the same area as your dinos in order for them to drop eggs? Because I notice that my eggs drop more often in an area we were working on a new building in. Also, if this is the case, can I just drag one of my tribemate's unconcious body to the pen and they drop eggs the same? 

I find lots of eggs now that I have some Omiraptors as pets. Still, I keep them stashed out of the pen because I have had problems with wild female Pteradons attacking in the past. I easily find several Dodo eggs per bird at times. The bigger dinos are rare egg layers although there has been a wild Bronto that has laid three eggs in three game days along the beach.

The dinos have to be in out of stasis to lay. Every 30? minutes, ovi raptor halves the time. Having an egg base around 50,50 or a high traffic area would generate a lot more eggs due to passing survivors bringing them into stasis constantly. If your base is on penguin island or herbivore island and no one visits and you are not around often they will lay a  lot less.

TL;DR find where the high traffic areas on the map are and build your egg base there.

• Wildcard Community
8 minutes ago, courtn00b said:

The dinos have to be in stasis to lay. Every 30? minutes, ovi raptor halves the time. Having an egg base around 50,50 or a high traffic area would generate a lot more eggs due to passing survivors bringing them into stasis constantly. If your base is on penguin island or herbivore island and no one visits and you are not around often they will lay a  lot less.

TL;DR find where the high traffic areas on the map are and build your egg base there.

Stasis occurs when nobody is in the area. They don't require stasis. They require being out of stasis to produce eggs. Which means there must be players in the area, as you stated.

Make a 1x1 enclosure for your oviraptor. Load its inventory so it cant move then set it on wander mode so that the egg icon will appear above the heads of any close dinos.

Park your female dinos around the oviraptor in such a way that you can quickly see and loot dropped eggs.

Next you needs to be within range or one of your tribe mates.  They have to be logged in.  Otherwise if no one is close, the dino's go into stasis mode and drops basically wont happen.  Its a pain but that's the reality.  This is why egg farmers have TONS of dinos of specific types for farming specific eggs so that when they are close, the law of averages plays in their favor.

1 hour ago, VerusNorth said:

Does the ovi need to be tamed or could I drop a wild one in there? 

You need to tame one.

After you do that you need to put it where your dinos are and leave it on wander. It's best to encumber it with wood or something and then put it on wander, like that it won't just run around and you won't risk somehow losing it.

Archived