Behave with grace and respect

Kaprosuchus

16 hours ago, Kaprosuchus said:

Well they haven't started banning people over criticism that i am aware of, could be wrong am not omniscient.  But I personally have never had someone respond in the way i desire by being mean unless i had a show of force to back it up and even that created a limited response to my desires.  If you've ever gotten someone to acquiesce when you have gotten hostile with them but had no way of actually forcing the issue then you are much better at bluffing than I and i would probably lose alot of money to you at poker

aww man that totally sucks.  I don't really have alot of time to do stuff i dislike and am not getting paid for.  I hope things go your way in the future, keep at it my friend hopefully these new mega turrets will make things a little easier upkeep wise.  I personally hated grinding mats for millions of bullets every other day.

my tribe was threatened with a VAC ban by a GM if we went public with them screwing up and wiping our tribe where the GM based the decision 100% on lies from accusors who figured out they could use the ticket system as a weapon after they had got another tribe wiped the week before. 

48 minutes ago, AndrewLB said:

my tribe was threatened with a VAC ban by a GM if we went public with them screwing up and wiping our tribe where the GM based the decision 100% on lies from accusors who figured out they could use the ticket system as a weapon after they had got another tribe wiped the week before. 

Can a "GM" *laughs* do that? The VAC system should be fully automatic, no manual intervention required.

On 11/25/2017 at 9:25 AM, Kaprosuchus said:

I've been reading the forums alot lately and there is one reoccuring theme I have noticed and it's really starting to get on my nerves.  People often get hostile about their own opinions or downright trash the developers of this game and it's apalling to say the least.  The people who work on this game are humans and they most likely respond better to "this is what i don't like, this is why" than "you suck at this go die in a fire."

I see people on this forum regularly behaving and communicating with a lack of respect, as if wildcard didn't design a game most of them have already sunk thousands of hours into for a fairly low price of entry compared to how much it costs to eat at a fast food joint and hang with friends for a similiar amount of time.  When i first saw this game I read the description, nowhere did I see any indicator that i was buying an "online only" game, or that this game was simply a client for a developer maintained mmorpg-like experience.  What i purchased was a game in it's entirety that could be played offline or online without any further need for wildcard's assistance with the loose promise of early access that it would be improved on.  So far that is what i have gotten along with many options to remove or cancel out changes that i found terrible through ini settings or mods.

The official servers in my opinion were never promised to me or to anyone anywhere in their body of advertisements and they maintain them at cost so as to create a sense of community within their game and to execute their vision of what the game should be like.  They have taken feedback and shown interest in what you all have to say despite alot of the forum population being quite terrible and behaving in a manner that isn't warranted over a leisure activity.  I am not saying that you are not entitled to voice complaints, i am just saying, show some respect and keep in mind you are addressing people.  If at any point you feel a change in the game renders your work "a waste of your time" take a deep breath and remember that if you were enjoying yourself then it wasn't a waste.

Of course my opinion does not reflect any intimate knowledge of wildcard or their working, it's just common sense given what i've actually been told by the company or read others being told.  Learning to seperate what you've learned from what you assume is part of growing up.

There are reasons for this hostility. Some valid and some not valid. Here is my story:

Great game in the hands of a horible company. The 'Great Migration' was a perfect example of this. In a move to satisfy both the wipe and don't wipe crowds Wild Card decided to wipe 'some' servers upon launch. And a move I agree with. Now this is reasonable. However, they gave everyone only 5 days to do it. And oh wait, it gets better. In some game servers running special modes (primitive plus) they never turned on the ability to transfer! So two days into the 5 day transfer period to escape deletion they finally turn it on and we enter a mad rush to get our many tames and items and characters to the new server. On the 5th day Wild Card puts out a patch (never a smooth roll out) and breaks transfers. More than 24 hours BEFORE transfers close, the transfers close! And, in a true scumbag move Wildcard doesn't postpone deletion. Many characters who were going back and forth between servers to move items were now trapped along with many tames that were about to be uploaded on these doomed servers. Minutes turned into hours and finally the deadline came and many of our tribemates stood on obi transport pads with their tames and items hoping Wild Card would allow them to not be deleted. But it never happened. Thousands of hours of work gone. And the final insult. Never a word on this issue from the dev team despite hundreds of posts on the forums.

Don't get me wrong. The game is great. I will continue to play it. If you are thinking of buying this game, do so with one warning from me. Only proceed if you are okay with without warning having everything you worked for taken from you due to Wild Card for no good reason.

I have 4826 hours in the game.

TLDR: Great game, you will fall in love with it, and Wild Card will rip your heart out, spit on your face, and ask you to buy their next DLC.

16 hours ago, ArkRage said:

A gm can join your tribe and demolish everything. 

I can remember uploading a ptera to transfer to a different server, but rollbacks started, so the ptera ended up unconcious again, and I retamed it, but I ended up with two :/ I gave up in the end because of the rollbacks, and logged on the next day to no ptera at all. 

Nice to know I didn't do anything wrong tho, and lost a ptera and 2 lots of kibble.?? I'm just glad it was only dodo kibble. haha

Maybe on official he can join a tribe, but on my servers I would straight away ban this "GM".
If any "GM" abuses his questionable power or theatens other people, it needs to get removed from him lifetime. Because that is very disrespectful. These people need to get reported.

I am slowly getting the feeling that every nickname who writes a topic "you suck at this go die in a fire" should have his real age attached as author. So I will know if an educational slap still has a chance to have any effect. Or if that person is just a frustrated adult beyond redemption. But really there is a huge amount of kids and teens playing this game and writing on the forums. If this behaviour will be in the next generation of working people, who I will need to face every day in work, shops and streets, then god save us....

1 minute ago, Meshi said:

I am slowly getting the feeling that every nickname who writes a topic "you suck at this go die in a fire" should have his real age attached as author. So I will know if an educational slap still has a chance to have any effect. Or if that person is just a frustrated adult beyond redemption. But really there is a huge amount of kids and teens playing this game and writing on the forums. If this behaviour will be in the next generation of working people, who I will need to face every day in work, shops and streets, then god save us....

+1 to this.
Several people seriously need to "grow the raptor up" or get this educational slap.
They way people have a go here at others over virtual pixels is simply appalling.

7 hours ago, Olivar said:

+1 to this.
Several people seriously need to "grow the raptor up" or get this educational slap.
They way people have a go here at others over virtual pixels is simply appalling.

I have to agree here. Yes we are all aloud to complain and point out when something is done wrong, I just want to clarify that as some people seem to take that as if people are saying people shouldnt complain at all and jump on it like that and start throwing names around like 'fanboi' or vice versa etc etc etc what ever the argument . For the love of God make complaints  and make your view known, no point in being quiet, but do it in a mature, constructive and civilzed way, please.

What I have a problem with is when some people (who I have to assume are adults and fully functional in society) post some stuff that really no sane person should consider acceptable. I dont care what the devs have done, people should still conduct themselves in a diginified manner. I hope people do act better in real life, but I have my doubts...

Why am I giving out life lessons on a forum..... ?

1 minute ago, AngrySaltire said:

I have to agree here. Yes we are all aloud to complain and point out when something is done wrong, I just want to clarify that as some people seem to take that as if people are saying people shouldnt complain at all and jump on it like that and start throwing names around like 'fanboi' or vice versa etc etc etc what ever the argument . For the love of God make complaints  and make your view known, no point in being quiet, but do it in a mature, constructive and civilzed way, please.

What I have a problem with is when some people (who I have to assume are adults and fully functional in society) post some stuff that really no sane person should consider acceptable. I dont care what the devs have done, people should still conduct themselves in a diginified manner. I hope people do act better in real life, but I have my doubts...

Why am I giving out life lessons on a forum..... ?

Because apparently it's needed ;)

On 11/25/2017 at 8:49 AM, yekrucifixion187 said:

They have outright lied to their consumers. That is enough to receive a hostile response from the community. If you've read the forums enough then you have seen these lies. Why again should I settle? Change is beget through actions and words but when your calm words fall on deaf ears sometimes louder words are necessary. 

Yes they are humans and "you suck at this go die in a fire" is obviously over the line but "you suck at this", or "you are liars", or any number of other such complaints are well warranted. Here read this and take not that I followed proper protocol and you can see where it got me. 

Why am I not supposed to be upset at that? 

We were given access to an EA game at a discount this is true but that discount also directly funded the creation of the game. It means we are part of this game. We were promised a certain amount of optimization and support and then they pulled that support on now Legacy and said, "no we meant the new servers." So we abandoned our work (thousands of hours right?) on legacy for these new servers that were better and had full support and were going to continue to expand yet the support feels about the same, the optimizations have been very light, and now they want us to buy the new dlc before the base game they promised us is complete. 

Outrage is well deserved. If you are happy just taking what they place in front of you and calling it chicken á la king that is on you but I've had chicken á la king and this is chicken pot pie they are serving us. 

You paid $30 to $40 with no monthly fee and received "thousands of hours" of enjoyment for a terrific game. Hostility towards the devs is completely unwarranted and inexcusable. "Outrage", seriously? 

You paid $30 to $40 with no monthly fee and received "thousands of hours" of enjoyment for a terrific game. Hostility towards the devs is completely unwarranted and inexcusable. "Outrage", seriously? 
If you're fine with people lying to you, cool. I'm not. I give honesty, I expect honesty in return.

I'm 100% with the OP but I guess my views of what I'm entitled to are different to most. 

To me the "official" servers are something which are provided for free. They're not the "core" game which you have purchased and like all free online services should be used at your own risk.  That's why, as I do with other games, I rent my own server.  Again, this is completely optional and a bonus added feature of the core game but as I run the server I'm able to do my own backups and support with the commands and tools that the devs have made available.

Other complaints seem to be down to people believing that as they are "Early Access" players they are somehow entitled to full support of these "free" online services.

If the game was online only - same as other games I have played - then I would FULLY expect support and SLA in place for dispute resolution.

I see the game as a single player game that given it's mod-ability and server based options I can also play with friends.  For that purpose the mechanics of the game to me are fantastic. Yes I get lag, yes I sometimes glitch and rubber band or disconnect but it's all a challenge and that's why I play games.

I think that the devs have done a fantastic job both in the core game and the ability to mod/extend and host for network based play.  Early access to me essentially means I'm a free tester - but if that results in a better game in the end I'm all for it.  If the game works out not to be what I want - H1Z1 Just Survive - then I don't play it anymore rather than have hostility towards the devs.

Disclaimer - I'm a 36 year old business software developer IRL so my views might also be different as I can appreciate some of the issues that we can encounter.

• Volunteer Moderator
On 11/26/2017 at 2:23 AM, DJRone89 said:

Even the moderators need to rethink the way they go about spreading info because I’ve had two instances by the same mod giving out false info because they didn’t fully understand it themselves.

being human we are allowed to make the same mistakes as the rest of the population. we are all volunteer moderators -- we give our time freely to try to keep the forums organized and help when we can, and sometimes in our desire to help we may give some information that proves to be inaccurate. i assure you this is never done on purpose, or with any ulterior motives. unless it is specifically noted by a moderator to be Official information i would always assume it to be the opinion of the moderator, which more times than not does prove to be accurate information. if we are wrong tho, before chastising us, try to remember that we are here trying to help you, for free, because we like too. maybe that will earn us a little slack now and then:) 

Guest DJRone89
3 hours ago, ThzNutz said:

being human we are allowed to make the same mistakes as the rest of the population. we are all volunteer moderators -- we give our time freely to try to keep the forums organized and help when we can, and sometimes in our desire to help we may give some information that proves to be inaccurate. i assure you this is never done on purpose, or with any ulterior motives. unless it is specifically noted by a moderator to be Official information i would always assume it to be the opinion of the moderator, which more times than not does prove to be accurate information. if we are wrong tho, before chastising us, try to remember that we are here trying to help you, for free, because we like too. maybe that will earn us a little slack now and then:) 

I fully understand but that particular topic was frustrating, and brought out some emotional comments after - as you just witnessed.

Apologies. I’m still learning to be more civilised, after escaping the toxicity of Reddit.

On 11/25/2017 at 10:25 AM, Kaprosuchus said:

I've been reading the forums alot lately and there is one reoccuring theme I have noticed and it's really starting to get on my nerves.  People often get hostile about their own opinions or downright trash the developers of this game and it's apalling to say the least.  The people who work on this game are humans and they most likely respond better to "this is what i don't like, this is why" than "you suck at this go die in a fire."

I see people on this forum regularly behaving and communicating with a lack of respect, as if wildcard didn't design a game most of them have already sunk thousands of hours into for a fairly low price of entry compared to how much it costs to eat at a fast food joint and hang with friends for a similiar amount of time.  When i first saw this game I read the description, nowhere did I see any indicator that i was buying an "online only" game, or that this game was simply a client for a developer maintained mmorpg-like experience.  What i purchased was a game in it's entirety that could be played offline or online without any further need for wildcard's assistance with the loose promise of early access that it would be improved on.  So far that is what i have gotten along with many options to remove or cancel out changes that i found terrible through ini settings or mods.

The official servers in my opinion were never promised to me or to anyone anywhere in their body of advertisements and they maintain them at cost so as to create a sense of community within their game and to execute their vision of what the game should be like.  They have taken feedback and shown interest in what you all have to say despite alot of the forum population being quite terrible and behaving in a manner that isn't warranted over a leisure activity.  I am not saying that you are not entitled to voice complaints, i am just saying, show some respect and keep in mind you are addressing people.  If at any point you feel a change in the game renders your work "a waste of your time" take a deep breath and remember that if you were enjoying yourself then it wasn't a waste.

Of course my opinion does not reflect any intimate knowledge of wildcard or their working, it's just common sense given what i've actually been told by the company or read others being told.  Learning to seperate what you've learned from what you assume is part of growing up.

They tend to ignore both forms of criticism so it doesn't really matter how the people of Wildcard are addressed since they will most likely never notice. While I don't agree with some of the ways others have voiced their problems with how the game is handled I do accept it's not uncalled for. Respect is a two-way street and basically flipping off their player base is not something respectable people do. Them treating the players as humans would be nice. Maybe if they did that then players would treat the developers as human.

How many of my fellow players enjoy the times required for breeding the more powerful animals? How many enjoy the time required to imprint those animals? A giga takes about two weeks and would need to be imprinted once every 3-4 hours to reach 100% imprint. Sounds like a job for...a robot! Certainly not a human being. While people can achieve 100% imprint on these animals it's certainly not enjoyable and it's a long, hard slog for only the "hard core" players. Others have already mentioned how most players have lives that get in the way of that and those complaints have fallen on deaf ears.

Wait a minute. Are "hard core" players actually computer programs? Is that why the people of Wildcard treat them as such? Maybe Wildcard is made up of androids. It'd explain a number of problems we've had with the game like poor game mechanics that take away from the fun of the game. I'm looking at you dragon boss with your cheap fire breath. Reminds me of a boss from a fighting game that'd just use one move over and over until the player's character was dead. Very classy boss.

Planning to limit the amount of turrets a tribe could use for base defense without any thought towards the repercussions is another good example. Sure they're slapping together a heavy turret but that's only after the massive online backlash. Tsk, tsk.

Archived