Aberration Lighting Concerns

Scrysis

So after twitch con, I noticed that official screenshots of one of the darker biomes -- notably the bio-luminescent region -- are very different and misleading compared to what I saw in different streams from Twitchcon.  I'm not sure if these differences were caused by different configurations in the computers, or if there was a change to the build.  I'm worried that some of the biomes might be too dark, thus discouraging players from wanting to take up the challenge of building in some of these more dangerous areas.

This may be an issue, but personally i enjoy building in areas other people hate to traverse, makes it easier to withstand raids on pvp, and keeps foot traffic down in pve.  on all of the existing maps you already have issues like this where people flock to build on the beaches.  It will probably be no different on this map with everyone fighting over the easy areas.

Glow sticks and bulbdogs are okay for confined spaces, but their light won't go so far in vast caverns.  Don't get me wrong. . . I don't expect everything to be blazingly bright.  I'm just worried that places like the bio-luminescent biome won't have enough ambient lighting to see by.  Those kinds of places *do* have the justification for expecting at least some decent light levels.  I mean, how far can you really go if you can only see 15 feet in front of you with a featherlight or glowstick?  As hilarious as it sounds, I don't want to play marco-polo with my friends and a reaper queen.

1 hour ago, BaldBudgie said:

I bet nightvision goggles will be there too. I think its good that there's some challenging enviroments. And THAT does sound hilarious actually. 

Terrifying. . . AND hilarious!

I just want some of the biomes to be as well-lit as I saw on official screenshots.  Official screenshots looked to be brighter than what I saw in the stream, and I'm really hoping that I can configure it to look like the screenshots.

Archived